for aesthetic decoration of houses used natural stone for a lot of time.Natural stone has always been very expensive.But today because of this situation have found a way, which consists in the manufacture of artificial stone with his hands on the basis of plaster.Accordingly, the value of such material will be lower than the price of natural.
- features artificial stone
- ornamental stone Artificial stone made of plaster with your hands
- Creating forms for stone
- Production of gypsum stone
- Installation of gypsum stonesurface
features artificial stone
The use of natural stone allows for interiors of buildings to achieve different results.You can arrange the room in a knightly style, and eventually get the real castle.Obtain and fireplace wrought sands that looks very aesthetically pleasing.
For all its merits, the beautiful shapes and colors of natural stone are available for him and disadvan
In view of specific differences between natural and decorative stone not.But still it does not have such an artificial greatest shortcomings as natural.To produce the decorative material, there are several options.In the first use water, sand and cement, the second - gypsum or plaster.There is another option when using different polymeric substances.
Advantages decorative stone
If you want to choose between natural and artificially-created stone, the artificial stone has the following advantages:
- If we consider two seemingly identical stones, decorative and natural, the first will be several times more easily.Low weight allows artificial stone cladding with the help of thin walls.
- Artificial stone is processed much easier and simpler.His often produce thin slabs to reduce the weight of the object, and the loss of strength is observed.Also, it is produced on-site, eliminating the loss in transit.In addition, the artificial stone can be made of plaster to make smooth right that will reduce the high costs of processing the stone - grinding and polishing.
- Decorative stone is not afraid of different weathering and corrosion, as opposed to a natural competitor.
- Decorative wall decorated with this material is perfectly clean and not be contaminated.However, such coverage is hygroscopic.
- design of artificial stone can be arbitrary.Its features later.
- artificial stone has another advantage, compared with natural stone.It is inherent in wide range of colors.
- With a variety of decorative stone is suitable for any space.Facing them is done indoors and outdoors.
Besides decorative material can be made as close to any natural.Artificial stone on the surface of the mind is:
- batters.In this case, it seems as if a hammer repelled the edge, that is, it turns out uneven surfaces.
- cutting.Stone has a smooth jagged edges.
- Butovo.The stones look like natural boulders.
- arbitrary.The designer realizes all his fantasies in the form of the material.
- decorative.To implement and may require other types of surfaces designed for finishing various ensembles, for example, decorative stones made of gypsum-style nautical theme or simulate slate.
Artificial stone made of plaster with your hands
made of plaster decorative stone is not particularly difficult.Of course, the first time can not get everything running smoothly, but do not worry.
your home, thanks to a similar finish, filled with a special flair, comfort and beauty.
At the preliminary stage, prepare for the manufacture of artificial stone are the materials and tools:
- Gypsum white;
- Plastic container that is needed for the mixing of the various components;
- polyethylene roll;
- Matrix (form);
- electric drill;
- fluted glass;
- Dyeing Water-based formulations.
For the production of stone and plaster do not need huge areas.Stop a few squares.Pre-table should equip workplace.Racks and shelves should be close at hand.Then prepare a plaster solution of elements such as water, gypsum anhydride.
Creating forms for stone
Remember that should be paid enough attention to the forms for the production of ornamental stone:
- most optimal and plastic forms are made from silicone.Forms can also be used, made of metal, plastic and wood.But they do not give a clear plaster texture, that is, do not reflect the fine details of twists and different reliefs.
- Usually mold begins with selecting the size you liked the stone.Sample for DIY production of stone pick up in store.
- for making molds in which the molded artificial stone silicone and prepare the required box dimensions.It should be a little more than a stone sample.This box serves as formwork.
- box and stone need to smear grease is desirable, but you can use other types of lubricants.The stone is placed on the bottom of the box.
- For best performance, you want to make molds and shuttering several pieces.If there are multiple forms can be made much more stones.Next
- produce fill silicone into the mold.For a better seal make rammer brush, which is moistened with soapy water.As such a soap solution applied Fairy.After filling out the form aligned with silicone spatula (dipped Fairy) the entire surface.
- drenched dry form in a few weeks.Then formwork is broken and pulled out the stone sample.Form of gypsum stone ready.
- If the surface, there are minor defects, they are sealed with silicone.
- also possible to use existing models of silicone, which are commercially available.
Production of gypsum stone
Once made molds for decorative stone, you can start to manufacture it himself:
- order to save the amount of solution should be equal to the number of forms.Its parameters gypsum paste hardens pretty fast, so it should not be left for future times.
- proportion of gypsum and water is determined independently.
- Once poured the water into the container, pour the plaster in small portions, while stirring until the normal density of the plaster test.A solution of the consistency must be thick due to the fact that the liquid for a long time to dry and less durable.
- for more durable material is usually added 10% sand.
- produce lubrication of working surfaces form of a mixture of wax with turpentine.This procedure is done in order to easily get to extract the frozen stone.
- This mixture was done through a water bath, which makes it possible to dissolve the wax.The substance is applied to the inner surface with a thin layer.
- To protect the stone from the shell, which can be formed, must be applied to the working surface of the liquid plaster.Completed forms should be laid in the pan.
- To make stone certain color, produce the necessary mixing paint with plaster at the stage of mixing plaster test.For this purpose, separate containers are used.However, the result is non-uniform coloration.
- Next fills the main part in the form of gypsum stone and with a spatula very gently flatten substance.
- forms cover with embossed glass and produce vibration for uniform stacking.It all takes about two minutes.
- plaster hardens within 15-20 minutes.In mild forms of separation from the glass we obtain the product and then finally dried in the open air.We do not recommend heat treating, because it changes the operational characteristics of the decorative stone plaster.
- After production of gypsum stone, you can paint it.To paint need brushes and special paint.The procedure of painting going on the following way: from the surface of the artificial stone with a cloth clean dust and other dirt, then evenly applied to the surface of the ink composition.After drying paint is applied several times until the desired shade.
Installation of gypsum rock to the surface
Once you have made decorative stone, you might want to learn how it is done styling:
- Artificial stone made of plaster can be attached to any surface.No exception of wood and plasterboard.
- Installation of artificial stone in the tree needs to be done on the surface of an additional waterproofing and crate.If you choose an artificial stone laid on concrete or brick surface, special preparation for this is not necessary, unless to do alignment surface before installation.
- before laying it must be remembered that the surface must be degreased and flat.Still perfectly align the surface - there is no need of the fact that the stone itself may be uneven.
- subsequent stage of fastening of gypsum stone will be applying marks on the wall.The first row of artificial stone must be placed on a level.Taking the level, it is determined the top of the floor.Also, beyond the point of the report can take floor plinth.From the top of the draw a line on the level of the entire length, which will include decoration.If
- remains from the bottom of the features to a certain distance of about 5 mm, then I leave it as is.This gap simply zashpaklyuetsya and turns the color of which is a stone.If, however, the gap reached indicator that is more than 5 mm, then remember that you need to cut the stones.For this purpose an ordinary hacksaw.
- Before installation of gypsum stone with his hands laying open their produce directly to the floor, their selection, if necessary, customize the stones together.If necessary, change the geometric parameters of the workpiece, using all the same hacksaw.
- treated with a special primer with a mixture of ground.Or use stucco.And then applied with a notched trowel cement-glue solution.
- stone fixed to the wall with cement and cement-adhesive mortars, and can be fixed with special glue.As such the composition may be applied mastic sealant, water and acrylic assembly adhesive.It is also good to use a mixture of PVA and plaster.
- mount stones can be made in two versions - with and without jointing jointing.In the first embodiment makes the gap of no more than 2.5 cm, which is overwritten by a special trowel.This option is considered the most cost-effective, but for some types of stones may not be suitable.These products fit vsploshnuyu.Cooking
- as tile adhesive, to be able to run for 20 minutes, as he then begins to freeze.Density of this solution should be similar to the consistency of toothpaste.Solution was applied with a spatula.Thickness of the layer should be up to 4 mm.The solution is quite dries quickly, so greasing area should be approximately one square.m.
- stone laid begin with items that will be placed at the corners.Further work near the doorways and windows.After that, we begin to establish the horizontal rows.We do this so that the subsequent overlap vertical joints of the previous row.This is done as in masonry.It looks great.
- required between rows of decorative stone paving pieces of uniform thickness fiberboard.After drying, they are removed.This is to ensure that the seam along the entire length was smooth.Typically, the width is about several 10 mm.
- Gypsum stone is applied so that from under it unnecessary extruded adhesive.Also, care should be taken to the front side did not get the part.See recommended and evenness series.However, such a finish may be asymmetrical, with some curvature, does not necessarily make the series even.
Finally decorative stone can be treated with a special compound with moisture repellent effect for greater durability when used in rooms with high humidity.