Windows made of aluminum profile - is the current direction of contemporary design and forward-looking product.It's lightweight design that can blend well into the interior, decorated in almost any style, from classic to exotic options for solutions.Such window systems is recommended to install both in new construction and restoration of old buildings.It can be said that the scope of aluminum structures is extensive, all the buildings that require a lot of light and ease, it can safely be complemented by the windows from aluminum.This article will talk about how to choose the aluminum windows.
- story of aluminum window systems
- Advantages of windows from aluminum profiles
- Variety aluminum window profiles
- What are indicators there is a price for aluminum window
- How to choose a handle for aluminum window
- main producers of aluminumwindows
- Care aluminum windows
In today's world, many shopping centers, office buildin
Aluminium windows Photo
In addition, the design of the aluminum profile allow to abandon the boring square and rectangular shapes, in favor of much of modern design, where there is practically no corners or vice versa, there are too many (arched, triangular, trapezoidal).Due to the rich color palette became possible to combine the perfect window to any trendy facade.
What else attracts professional designers and ordinary citizens in aluminum window frames?To begin to understand how they first appeared.
story of aluminum window systems
- Aluminium relates to environmentally friendly and safe materials.This metal can withstand large temperature variations (-80 to 200 degrees), does not corrode and is not deformed.Of course, producers, manufactures windows from this product, do not use it in its pure form.As a rule, it used a special alloy with silicon (or copper) and magnesium manufactured by hot pressing.It is these chemicals released products give strength and rigidity, allowing complete design can withstand heavy loads and easily maintain a predetermined shape.
- Even 5-7 years ago the most common window systems were considered products from plastic (PVC) or wood.Who returns the fashion for manufacturing window frames made of aluminum.The first of these products began to set in Germany in the mid-20th century.It produces under the brand name «Schuco» (today it is the leading provider of window designs, the concern was founded in 1951), and then they began to produce in Italy (Concern «NewTec Group»).
- Of course, the Russian market hinged aluminum windows began to be supplied only in the 80-90-ies of the last century.However, then it was a very primitive form, lacking the necessary sealing, which froze in the cold and very hot during the heat.As a rule, they are installed in public and commercial buildings, cultural centers or sports facilities.
- development of technologies has led to the emergence of new contemporary forms and configurations, aluminum windows gradually gained popularity among consumers, making a successful competition of metal plastic.Today's profile is extruded in many plants of the Russian Federation (the "Seal", "Real", "Petrolyum", "Widnau", "Alutech", "Agrisovgaz", "Tatprof" and others.).
- His popularity aluminum managed to get because the products derived from them were light, but strong enough, and the metal is a flexible material that lends itself to transformation, that is, allowed to create virtually any shape.
But this is not all the advantages of aluminum windows, it is worth to say about them in more detail.
Advantages of windows from aluminum profiles
Windows, which is used for the manufacture of aluminum, have many positive qualities that distinguish them from the designs made from other materials.Of course, in the first place should be said about the external aesthetics, reliability in operation and ease of maintenance.But this is not the quality of their valuable end.So what are the advantages of aluminum windows are available from, for which you can give preference to them.
- strength. design, manufacture window is so strong that it is able to withstand the glazing of almost any configuration, regardless of their weight and size.It is worth to mention that the greatest strength can achieve only by using an aluminum alloy, such as copper and magnesium (called duralumin).
- Environmental Safety .Aluminum, being a natural element emits no hazardous substances and, moreover, in the manufacture of profiles applied only harmless materials and techniques, both for the environment and human health.Another advantage of such systems may be the fact that aluminum is used in recycling.
- Long service life. manufacturer warranty for its products from 50 to 80 years, but the period of service of window systems is not limited to this time, often made of aluminum structure can stand intact for much longer, and it does not lose its appeal and functionality.Replacement shall be subject only fittings and seals, but the process is quite simple and will not make any problems, moreover, modern components performed well from strong and durable materials.Typically, handles and locking systems are installed in the slots, and the replacement does not require drilling or milling profiles, simply remove from the slot the old and install the new hardware, the integrity of the frame is not disturbed.Only aluminum windows today can boast of such a long life, no other materials can not be compared with this indicator with this metal.
- reliability and durability .Even with intensive use of aluminum window designs will remain as functional profiles are not afraid to shock, abrasion-resistant, they can be subject to frequent washing and so on. D. If you still happen to damage the frame, it is easy enough to fix, due to the unique properties of the metal.
- resistance to external factors .Aluminum has good stamina, this metal is not afraid of sharp temperature fluctuations, humidity, ultraviolet radiation and acid precipitation.Thanks to these qualities, and the manufacture of products from this material is particularly resistant to natural changes.Also, due to the coating of paint and decorative means, resistance to aggressive media is only increasing.
Aluminium windows video
- Ease material .This is an important quality for such a great product.After heavy materials create a huge burden on the bearing support, therefore, for example, is not always possible to establish a window of a wooden or plastic full-height or width of the wall, is also very hard to find on a small balcony glazing.With a choice of aluminum profiles such problems go by the wayside, because quite simply interested in creating solutions, both in shape and size.
- wide selection of designer colors .The frames can have the most diverse design, including some mimic natural materials such as wood.Mostly used painted aluminum profiles, the color of which can be any of the catalog colors RAL (German standard color), the texture is both glossy and matte.This enables perfect and harmonious fit into any new windows, even in the most incredible interior.Staining occurs at the factory by electrostatic spraying (powder coating), which is why the color remains bright and persistent as long as possible.The coating has a thickness of 70 microns and 90 microns, and may be single or double (i.e. stain in one or two layers).Also, aluminum is anodized, with this method of color does not fade in the sun and remains unchanged the entire operational period.
- plastic material, and a large variety of configurations s.Due to the flexibility, the aluminum workpieces into almost any shape, including oval and even circular.This is a very valuable asset for a modern building on individual projects, because thanks to complex forms can be implemented courageous decisions of designers and architects, but when you consider that aluminum is perfectly combined with many materials, that opens almost unlimited possibilities.
- good thermal insulation and noise reduction .Certainly not very aluminum, and has finished the window system, which carries an insulating layer (usually plastic thermal bridge).It is through this layer and can achieve the minimum heat loss and excellent sound insulation.
- Fire .This material does not burn, does not support the spread of fire and does not emit harmful substances at high temperatures, making it unquestionably the best one for window systems, unlike plastic or wooden frames.
great bonus to all of the above is the visual appeal of aluminum frames, they do not darken and not rust, look easy and even air and can really become a real decoration for the exterior of a private home or cottage.
Of course, one can not be said about Mr. edostatkah such systems, even if they are not significant, yet there are cons and should be made public.
- So, the first negative point - it cost , that does not seem all available, but when you consider the durability and easy care of the installed windowing system, the price may even be a plus, since reduced any further costs.
- further disadvantage due to the fact that aluminum and many metals have high thermal conductivity , and thus heats up very quickly in warm, sunny days and cool down quickly in cold weather.But after manufacturers began to establish a special layer of insulation, this problem has been minimized.
- The final drawback is that the profile of aluminum not breathable , however, such systems should always be combined with "breathing" walls and more often if possible, ventilate the premises.
Summarizing, we can say that the window construction, made of aluminum alloy, has high durability and reliability, versatility on purpose, do not rot and rust, maintainability, and are resistant to aggressive environments.Also worth noting, the design features in the aluminum frame a little, just to determine which particular type of profile required for a particular purpose.
Variety aluminum window profiles
Windows of aluminum are made in two basic versions: the cold profile type, warm type of profile.
- Cold profile - it is a system equipped with only one camera, without additional layers of insulation.Such aluminum windows installed on the balcony, in the barns, in parking lots, in shop windows, on the veranda, unheated loggia and other non-residential facilities.The windows have a light fixture, and the whole structure has the lowest possible weight.
- Aluminum warm ups equipped with special seals and thermal barrier to help regulate the process of heat transfer.Box made of polyamide (a special plastic) and glass fiber (thickness may vary within 1,8-3,5 cm).Thermal conductivity insulating inserts smaller than that of aluminum at about 150 times.Due to such a layer structure does not freeze even in the most severe frosts.Often these systems are installed glazing increased thickness (3 to 5 air chambers), whereby manufacturers achieve maximum thermal insulation and good sound absorption.These window constructions are the best option for homes, they fit perfectly into the interior of the apartment or office.
addition profile is different and the very design of the window.So they are:
- deaf, that is, the design has no elements with an opening;
- swing, which, in turn, can be:
- folding (open only the upper part, often used for outbuildings - closets, bathrooms rooms, landings, etc.);
- Sliding (available leaved leaf, as well as the ability to open as a method of tilting the sash, and the method of sliding the side);
- sliding aluminum windows (frames apart with special runners, such designs most often installed on a balcony or loggia, that is, in those areas where space is limited, but you need to open the windows completely);
- rotary (open in the same plane);
- swing-out (combines the capabilities of folding and rotary systems are considered to be the most functional option);
- combined, that is deaf flaps integrated into a single system with the opening frames.It is this type of window is the most common.
So, sort out the design features and configuration, it is important to know what to look for when ordering aluminum window systems.
What are indicators there is a price for aluminum window
Before you buy an aluminum box, you need to understand how is the price of a particular product.
- The first thing that draws attention - a profile thickness than the thickness of the profile, the better the process of heat saving, but also the cost is increased.It also affects the installation depth of the window, that is, by its width, which ranges from 5.8 to 7.5 cm.
- The second important point - is installed fittings and seals.The high-quality components, so they are more expensive, or if the seals on the frame used multiloop - then and the price will be higher.Leaders in manufacturing accessories deemed reliable countries such as Germany («Roto») and Italy («Giesse»).
- next moment - is glazed.It is necessary to pay attention to the number of cameras, and the fact there is any coverage that best buy windows with energy-saving (low-e) layer.You should also check the quality of sizing glass.
- Ordering windows, you need to pay attention to a company's reputation, it is best to see the real objects, which already assembles the windows of the firm.Examining a sample, attention is paid to the quality of assembly corner joints and the geometry of the profile.It is important that the guarantee applies to all elements of the window system.
How to choose a handle for aluminum window
be aware that handles windows can have different configurations:
- a blocker - that is to protect the leaf in the open position from accidentally tipping;
- with - helps avoid opening without permission;