glazing facades - a fashion trend of today.Due to the original cladding of external walls of the building looks almost airy and weightless.Glass facade - it is a complex structure, but due to the special beauty of appearance, it is worth it to put it into practice.Superior quality glass is that it has excellent light-transmitting ability.That is, using the structure of the glazing techniques, you can achieve maximum light and spacious interior.This article will talk about the types of facade glazing.
- types of facade glazing
- Closed mullion-transom facade glazing system
- Half-sheltered buildings mullion-transom glazing system
- structural facade glazing home
- spider facade glazing cottage
- Panoramic facade glazing
- Benefits facade glazing
for exterior glazing invented a lot of structures of various types.The most common is considered the glass facade using aluminum profiles.But this is not the only option, it can als
types of facade glazing
- Transparent facades can have a variety of variations, but the most common by far considered mullion-transom system .The main element of this design are the supporting uprights, which are fixed on the horizontal girders (beams, taking the brunt of the load).Due to such mounting system got its name.The main frame is glazed on the inside wall and externally almost imperceptible.
- facade This energy efficient, durable, reliable, comfortable, and most importantly, economical to maintain and operate.The main advantage of the system lies in the fact that, along with visual appeal and maximum light transmission, the design has a high-quality thermal insulation.Aluminium profiles can be connected to each other in several variations, such flexibility allows you to create a variety of design solutions.
- In cases where it is necessary to supplement the mullion and transom façade opening elements, then any type of permitted insertion of windows and doors, including casement and having hidden, i.e. which are not visible from the outside of the structure.
- system refers to the simplest version of the glazing of the facade of the buildings, it is easy to assemble and has a relatively small cost.These systems are of two basic types:
- closed system glazing;
- semi-closed glazing system.
Closed mullion-transom facade glazing system buildings
- This classic system, which consists of an aluminum inner frame (rack and crossbars) and external profile-clamps.The connection itself crossbars and racks between them is a different plan.The design is characterized in that its outer side there are special aluminum lining (cover).It is a decorative element that has a width of 5 cm and is necessary in order to cover basic clamps, fasteners for the glass employees.
- covers can be not only flat, but round and even almond-shaped, they also differ in color, which can be quite varied, depending on the requirements of registration.
- aluminum frame fitted with special rubber seals, which are tightly pressed glazed and do not let the cold and street noise into the room.The appearance of the aluminum facade glazing of the facade is almost solid glass, separated by narrow horizontal and vertical slats decorative purposes.These aluminum roof perfectly complement the composition and make it more harmonious.
Half-sheltered mullion-transom glazing system
- Such a system is considered to be a combination between the classic type of mullion-transom glazing and structural variants.That is, there is only one type of decorative covers - either horizontal or vertical slats.Instead clamps on lack of focus are special glazing beads, securely hold the glazing.
- From the outside, the facade looks like a single-piece construction.This effect was achieved through the use of special masking profiles, surrounded by glazed frame virtually invisible, but at the same time very strong.The presence of only horizontal or vertical slats gives the building a single direction (horizontal or vertical) and the additional volume.
- decorative cover, as well as in the previous embodiment, can have a variety of shapes and colors.The space between the slats is embedded masking seal or sealant.Such tools are resistant to all weather conditions and also provide good sound and heat insulation.Another advantage of this system is that the glazing can be mounted inside.
Along with mullion-rack system used in modern construction and glazing types such as structural , spider and panoramic .These species belong to the solid facade glazing.It is through it is possible to achieve light, visually spacious rooms, and a special attraction, as well as presentable exterior.In addition to direct forms, it became possible to create and curved lines and faceted façades.To understand what is the dignity of each species should be a closer look at all of the options listed solid facade glazing.
structural facade glazing home
- Structural called this type of glass, which does not use an aluminum profile (or any other) on the outer wall of the building.This type refers to a warm facade glazing.Hold glazed in a given plane makes a special type of adhesive sealant.That he is the main support element of the system and has a high durability and reliability.
- structural facade system sets itself apart from the post and crossbar, as in the device of this embodiment, the walls of the building from the outside looks light and uniform.Joints filled with sealant, usually not more than 3 cm, it is recommended to choose the color of the adhesive is identical to the hue window.
- Before installation design, the building itself must be prepared in a special way, to mount a special frame.This is due to the fact that the glazing has minimal clearances required to compensate for temperature fluctuations of adjacent glass units, and to compensate for the deflection of the floor slabs space remains.That is why this function and should take the frame of the building.In this facade elements are strengthened so that they are as rigid and had no sagging.
- glazing this design meets all safety requirements.Thus, the outer pane is here somewhat thicker than the internal addition, for the front system is applied only tempered glass.This helps to increase the strength and improve the carrying capacity of the glazing.
- as sealing means used silicone compounds that are not broken down by ultraviolet radiation, and are not afraid of moisture and temperature fluctuations.Sealant securely holds the outer pane in the structure, wherein the inner profile of the glass is retained.
main methods of fastening of glass in the facade glazing considered:
- bilateral support (installation fasteners vertically and horizontally mounted on the sealant only two parties);
- quadripartite mount (install fasteners at the corners, sealant mounted on all sides).
Tip: this method involves a glass works from the bottom up, and before you start full operation, you must endure at least one day the adhesive composition and only after the necessary strength can be set to remove the clips and sutures to close up completely.
- Qualitative characteristics of structural glazing are not inferior to the classic version, the system is able to reliably protect the room from damp, cold and noise differs durability, strength.This type is recommended for installation in the design of complex structures.Also the advantages of the system include the fact that the external negative effect on the structure is reduced to a minimum, since only the exposed contact elements such as glass and sealant, which is a very resistant material to most environmental factors.
- And, of course, for fans of purity will be interested to know that the facades with solid structural glazing resistant to dirt, since virtually no gaps in which could clog the dust and dirt.
spider facade glazing cottage
- This type of glazing in which the glass is attached to the spiders.Spider-called special fasteners (mainly made of high-alloy steel, ie its composition are special elements that increase the strength characteristics of the material), the main purpose of their joining together double-glazed windows and fix them to the support structure.They have high strength and are able to last for many years.Outwardly resembles a bracket legs spider (why was so named because from English «spider» translated as "spider").Originally it was carried out in the form of crosses, ie had four branches, but now it is possible to find articles containing two or more "feet".
- Such findings may have several choices of color solutions (matt chrome, mirrored or painted in any color using the method of polymer deposition)."Spider" combines glass sheets with a support by means of special clamping elements.To compensate for the thermal expansion between the clamp and the set-point glass layer and the fastening to the supporting structure is fixed rigidly as possible, without the use of additional components.
- The whole structure consists of the following elements:
- carrying metal construction;
- mount type "Spider";
- glass panel (or glazing);
- hinge pins.
- glazing made from special hardened glass or laminated glass (ie laminated glass that is glued together into a single structure, with a special film by pressing).For a warmer option can be used sufficiently strong double-glazed windows, which are able to withstand heavy loads and mechanical impact.
- fasteners easy to install and also easy to dismantle, it is very useful in case of repairs or replacing damaged sections.Spider glazing is also called a point or a planar (surface).This is a fairly reliable form of fastening with virtually no metal frame parts.
- bearing structure is carried out in the form of metal girders, beams, arches or domes, or use existing ceiling and columns.It is also very often used strong cables and metal rods.Spiders are fixed to the frame via anchor bolts or the hinge, for fixing may sometimes use welding, but this method is considered less reliable.That is, the glass panels are based on the fasteners rather than metal structure.Once installed glazing, all the gaps between the panes are filled with silicone sealant that is not afraid of the impact of external factors and serves as a reliable protection from moisture and frost.
Panoramic facade glazing
Panoramic call this type of glazing, where the glass itself is located on the ceiling to the floor, that is the full height of the room.Of course, a simple, unprepared in a special way, glass can not be used here.For this type of facade systems approach only the following types of glass:
- coated metallized film.
Panoramic glazing is used not only on the facades, but also as a window on the loggia or a balcony.Thanks to this solution the room filled with light, and it seems that space becomes much more.
- Externally panoramic facade systems look like a solid wall of glass, in which there is not even the slightest hints of a connection.In high-rise buildings in the outer walls are used as construction of aluminum and glass for the facade of balconies and loggias in a panoramic version, the most commonly used PVC profiles.Due to sufficient light profiles have the opportunity not only to fully mount glass facades, but also make them mobile, that is, with an opening.
- glazing as a pan used for a long time, many private homes and cottages boast a design of this type.This helps to expand the internal borders of the room and make the walls virtually invisible, their presence is very easy to simply forget.
- course, making out the walls in panoramic style must clearly comply with all the requirements of technology, and only then can we ensure reliable and durable glazing, which will keep the heat inside the building and at the same time protect it from overheating, and prevent the penetration of noise from the street.
- When assembling a panoramic glass facade to consider a number of important factors that must be met glass:
- excellent resistance to wind and dynamic loads;
- protection from cold and noise;
- high strength;
- enhanced security;
- fire protection.
- With the construction of the panoramic walls of glass should only choose the material that the destruction may not injure a human being, that is, the pieces should not have sharp edges, and thus should be small enough to not have much weight.
- complexity panoramic glazing type is that it is necessary to plan at the stage of creating the project.Thus, the batteries need to be embedded in the floor and not mounted on the wall.Those portions of windows that are blind, i.e. do not open, inserted in the supporting structures of the building.
- course, permitted for non-breaking glass, but in this case it would be difficult to ventilate the room.
choosing a design, the greatest attention is paid to the rigidity of the profile, as it is from this figure depends on the life of the product.It is also important to book quality windows, since they are protected from the winter cold, summer heat, resist bad weather and the sounds of the street.
Today, there are two main varieties of the panoramic sliding structures.
- Frame sliding systems , which are different types of frames:
- profile of aluminum:
- wooden frames;
- combination of wood and aluminum.
- frameless sliding systems , ie without glazing frame, all glazed sections are made of a large single sheet.Such structures are fixed on top of roller mechanisms and rails have bottom.Lower rail mounted below floor level and is slid almost completely possible to make the wall open.
Posted by in Windows