not a quality repair can be made without the walls of plaster works.The treated surface appears solid foundation for all subsequent finishing.Plastering is performed indoors and outdoors, regardless of the characteristics of buildings and destination.This article will discuss the types of cement plaster on the rules and work with it.
- Types of cement mortar for plastering walls
- Cement-sand plaster: the composition and characteristics of
- Varieties of cement-sand plaster
- cement-lime plasters: the composition and characteristics of
- technical parameters of cement plaster
- main producers of cement plaster and prices
- Self preparation cement plaster
- Cement plaster walls with their hands
- plastering beacons
plaster layer plays the role of sanitary and aesthetic, it is necessary to align the surface and to protect the walls fromdamage, and also performs thermal insulation and sound-absorbing function.
Manufacturers of modern building materials offer a huge selection of plaster mixtures, but the most popular are still dry mineral plaster, the main component of which - cement.
Cement is made on the basis of finely ground gypsum and clinker - a substance produced in the process of firing a mixture of limestone and calcium silicate clay.Gypsum composition needed for more rapid curing of the finished solution.
Types mortars for plaster walls
Cement plaster wall has two main subspecies:
- cement-sand mixture;
- cement-lime mixture.
As the name suggests, they differ from one another composition.In one case it does not reinforced and comprises classical ingredients, and the other as an additional component serves lime.
Cement-sand plaster: the composition and characteristics of
- most popular type of cement plaster is a traditional cement-sand mixture, which is of particular strength and durability, in addition, it is not exposed to moisture, and therefore can be used for decoration of facades,bathrooms, loggias and balconies, that is, in any wet areas or those with no heating.
- main element (binder) cement plaster acts of different brands (M150-M500).Figures labeling denote how much pressure can bear in kilograms solution of 1 cm3.Typically, plaster labeled M150 or M200 are used for interior decoration, and the products labeled M300 and up are used for facade work.
- The filler is used river or quarry sand, the quality of which depends on the strength and reliability of the final solution.Manufacturers offer compositions with different ratios of components are generally maintained a proportion of 1 part cement and 3 parts sand or 4.But depending on the particular ingredients and the desired strength of the product, the ratio may vary.
- for applying the plaster layer of the main grains of sand should be of medium size, if small fraction is used as a part of the sand, it is likely that after drying on the surface can be formed cracks.Fine sand can only be used for the finish coat (the last layer) to achieve the effect of "mirror".When using krupnofraktsionnogo sand is impossible to get perfectly smooth texture and such a mixture is used only for rough facades.
- in addition to the main component composition may include various additives that increase ductility.Products manufactured in factory conditions, contains substances such as copolymers and redispersible polymer powders (sometimes indicated in the title, that is polymer-plaster).Additives can achieve increasing characteristics such as:
- resistance to stress;
- abrasion resistance;
Types of cement-sand plaster
There are several types of mixtures that differ in composition and application.
- Simple - involves the application of two approaches (scratch coat and primer) does not require Beacon guides and nakryvnogo layer.Such products are often used in areas where there is no need for a perfectly flat and smooth surfaces, such as walls and ceilings in basements, cellars, barns or attics.Its main purpose - to seal holes, cracks, chips or any other defects, as well as hygienic (anti-bacterial) processing.
- Improved - involves applying three or more sets (scratch coat, primer, finish coat), the last applied layer spread with a special float or trowel.It is considered one of the most popular types of mixtures used in the plastering of the walls inside the premises and facades of residential and public buildings.The application form a flat, smooth superficiality, with right angles.
- High - requires the installation of lighthouses and causing at least five layers (scratch coat, 2-3 layers of soil and finish coat).Iron cement finish coat is recommended to improve waterproofing and strength properties of the finished surface.The solution is used for interior and exterior repairs that require the maximum quality.
cement-lime plasters: the composition and characteristics of
- main disadvantage of cement plaster in her big weight, to reduce this parameter of the started adding slaked lime.
- with preparing the lump lime is recommended to maintain after the extinction of at least 1-2 weeks to plastering on the surface do not appear blisters, which, firstly, spoil the look, and, secondly, to violate the integrity of the structure.
- quality cement mortar has a high degree of strength and water vapor permeability.
The composition of products prepared in the factory includes:
- hydrated lime (slaked with water);
- quartz sand (small and middle fractions);
- water-retaining additives;
- fibrovolokno polypropylene.
recommended to be used for plastering surfaces indoors, but can be used for finishing the external walls of buildings.Applied manually or mechanized.Manufacturers produce not only a plaster in the form of a dry blend, but also as a ready-to-use solution.The dry mixture should be diluted with water according to the instructions clearly, because an excess of fluid can not avoid reducing the strength performance.
main advantages of cement-lime plaster:
- applies to most of the known surfaces (brick, concrete, wood, concrete blocks);
- good adhesion to the substrate;
- different antibacterial composition (lime does not develop mold, fungi and bacteria);
- increased plasticity for a long time;
- long "viability" of the solution after dilution;
- creates a unique microclimate and maintains a comfortable level of humidity in the room;
- forms a durable layer that is resistant to abrasion and mechanical stress.
- slight decrease in compressive strength and tensile;
- price is a little higher than the cement-sand mixture.
Technical parameters cement plasters
Regardless of manufacturer and composition, almost all cement plasters have the following characteristics.
- color dry powder and ready-made solution - gray.
- compressive strength, that is the value at which the violation of the integrity of the plaster layer: 6-12 MPa.
- brand of cement used is: M100 - M500.
- peel adhesion, ie the ability to stay on the surface: 0.3-0.4 MPa.
- Possible thickness to be applied in one pass: 5 mm - 4 cm.
- solids flow when applied to a surface area of 1 m2 in layer 1 cm: 12-19 kg.
- consumption of water per 1 kg of dry powder: 150-400 ml.
- Viability mixing the solution (ie, the time for which you want to use the prepared plaster): 30 minutes.- 6 hours. (Depending on the composition, with the addition of lime slurry has a longer time to use).
- Frost resistance: up to 50 cycles of freezing / thawing.
- Application temperature (inside and the surface): not less than 5 and not more than 30 degrees.
- spackling and painting the plastered surface: in 14 days.
- Bonding tiles: after 3 days.
- Shelf life 1 year.
To prolong the shelf life of plaster products should not be to pour the product box.Under the right conditions, it can be stored up to 2 years.It is important to protect the dry powder from moisture, including moisture from the air.If the plaster is sold in a paper bag, then it should be sealed in plastic wrap.Unpacked goods is desirable to use within six months.
main producers of cement plaster and prices
|Manufacturer / Brand||Description||Packing / Price|
| Volma / AKVAPLAST |
|Made on a cement base with the addition of lightweight aggregate, chemical and polymer additives to improve adhesion.Used for manual alignment with the internal and external operations.It is used for the subsequent application of putty, paint and varnishes, or gluing tiles.Resistant to cracking, permissible thickness in one pass: 1-3 cm.||25 kg / 200-206 rubles.|
|Volma / Akvasloy||based on Portland cement, fillers, mineral and polymer additives.Used for manual alignment with the internal and external operations.The proportions of liquid and solids are: 300 ml / 1 kg.When a large amount of fluid can occur peeling from the surface.Viability solution for 2 hours.With facade work is necessary to protect the finished layer of precipitation, frost and drying for 72 hours.||25 kg / 250-255 rubles.|
|Volma / Cap||based on Portland cement and modified mineral supplements.It is used when the manual method of applying external and internal works can be used for plastering the basement and plinth structures.In the future, may be sticking granite and tile, as well as the application of decorative facings.To prepare the solution mixture ratio of water and 200 ml / 1 kg.Allowed drying plaster using heat guns or heaters.||25 kg / 235-244 rubles.|
| Hercules / Cement-sand |
|is used for leveling of brick, stone and concrete surfaces.It has high moisture resistance, good strength and adhesion.Consumption of dry matter and 15 kg / m2, the maximum thickness of one to two cm. Plastering recommended cellular concrete applied in a single pass at least 8 mm.||25 kg / 140-150 rubles.|
|Hercules / lime-cement||On the basis of cement and lime.Designed for walls indoors.The layer thickness of 8 mm and not more than 2 cm. If there is a need for increasing the thickness of, the solution is applied in several steps, prosushivaya previous layer is not less than 24 hours.Flow of dry mix - 12 kg / m2, viability up to 6 hours.|| 12 kg / 110-115 rubles. |
25 kg / 200-210 rubles.
| base / Bigvell T-22 leveling |
|Composition: cement, sand fraction and additives that increase the adhesion.The thickness of the coating ranges from 5 mm to 2 cm. Water consumption per 1 kg of dry matter of 150 ml.Pot life - 2 hours.||25 kg / 205-210 rubles.|
|Basics / T-21 Startvell||Composition: cement, lime and sand fraction (fraction less than 0.6 mm).It is used for leveling the surface, it has a high paropronitsiaemostyu, moisture, heat and sound insulation.25 kg dry matter was added 4 liters.||25 kg / 192-200 rubles.|
|Basics / T-23 Slimvell||based plaster and cement small fraction of sand.Is used to seal small cracks, can be applied to the base and cap, as well as on the surface of any moisture in the premises.The minimum thickness of 2 mm.The ratio of water and the mixture is as follows: 1 kg dry substance 160 ml of water.||25 kg / 215-220 rubles.|
|Basics / T-24 Flayvell||On the basis of cement, sand and fractional lightweight filler.It can be used on almost all surfaces.It has good sound and heat insulation.Economical consumption - 10 kg of dry matter per 1 m2.When mixing with water stand proportions: 1 kg / 300 ml.Pot life: 3 hours.||20 kg / 190-195 rubles.|
| Prospectors / Cement-sand |
|On the basis of cement grade M-500 and fractional sand.It has a high ductility and economical consumption (12 kg / m 2).1 kg of dry matter is added to 250 ml of water.Pot life 1, 5 hours.Apply recommended beacons.||25 kg / 170-175 rubles.|
|Prospectors / Cement-sand universal||Composition: cement, sand and special fillers.It has flexibility, vapor permeability and frost resistance.Maximum thickness of the coating in a single pass - 3 cm. For the mixing proportioning: 30 kg / 9 liters of water.||30 kg / 235-245 rubles.|
|Prospectors / MIXTER||As part of cement, gypsum, sand and special additives.It is used for high-quality equalization surfaces indoors.The maximum thickness of 6 cm. Dilute with water in a ratio of 1 kg / 400 ml.Pot life 40 min.To get a perfectly smooth surface is recommended half an hour after the treatment go on plaster sponge float and smooth down with a spatula.||30 kg / 312-320 rubles.|
| Eunice / Silin Front |
|Composition: cement, sand fraction and chemical additives.It is used for facade work and inside unheated rooms with high humidity.Applied without reinforcing mesh layer up to 3 cm. It has a frost resistance, resistance to weathering and good water quality.||25 kg / 270-275 rubles.|
|Eunice / Silin for interior||On the basis of cement, sand and fractional additional additives.It is used for interior work in areas with high humidity, may be applied without reinforcing mesh.It does not shrink, hardy.1 kg of dry matter was added 200 ml of water.Viability: - 2 hours.||25 kg / 230-235 rubles.|
| Ceresit / CR 61 |
|is used for alignment of stone and masonry, as well as the restoration of buildings and monuments.To prepare 25 kg of a dry powder using 6.70 L of water.||25 kg / 1100-1150 rubles.|
|Ceresit / CT 29||cement-based micro and special additives.It can be used as filler.The thickness of one layer is not more than 2 cm. It has good water vapor permeability and resistance to various weather conditions.To prepare the solution in 5 liters of water is added to 25 kg of dry matter.Follow-facing work carried out 72 hours after the last coat.||25 kg / 400-410 rubles.|
|Ceresit / CT24 for cellular concrete|| Composition: cement, cementing components.
Posted by in Walls