plastic panels today are considered a universal material for decorating wall surfaces.This finish can be installed in almost any room - with high humidity, low temperature, high traffic, and so on. E., The choice of locations for the installation of huge.In addition, each time there is an opportunity to create a totally unique interior, thanks to the widest range of goods.This article will talk about finishing the walls with plastic hands.
- Choosing plastic panels
- Types of plastic panels for walls
- Accessories for plastic panels
- what to look for when buying a plastic panels
- calculation of the amount of material
- methods of installation of plastic panels
- Installationto crate
- Mounting directly on the wall with glue
Wall panels made of plastic - a product made by extrusion of polyvinyl chloride (PVC).The process consists in the fact that the molten mass of dense material using special equipment is extruded through a
- There are two standard panel thickness - 5 mm and 8-10 mm.The second embodiment is different sizes and even a few millimeters of each other, is still considered as one, since it produced the same hardware elements, such as moldings.
- width plastic sheet for walls can vary from 20 to 37 cm. The standard height of the product - 260, 270 and 300 cm. Also, there is a kind of like a plastic lining which size 10h300 cm sheet option, up to 120 cm and a heightup to 245 cm and a panel in the form of a square or rectangular tiles, with dimensions 30x30 cm, 30x60 cm or 90x90 cm.
Choosing plastic panels
Before proceeding to the immediate installation of products, they need to buy in the first place, in the right quantityand secondly, in the high quality.In order to make the right choice, you should take into account the characteristics of different types of plastic panels.
- For example, planning finish plastic wall in the bathroom, the kitchen or in the hallway, it is worth giving preference to products moisture resistant, with high strength and do not have protruding elements or ornaments.
- balconies suitable for panel resistant to sudden changes in temperature, as well as resistance to mechanical stress, because of the small space does not prevent frequent collisions with the surface of the plastic.
- long life;
- good moisture resistance, and thanks to a reliable connection between panels and the water does not fall between seams;
- material has higher sound insulation properties;
- resistance to mechanical impact and abrasion;
- have insulating properties due to the internal cellular structure, moreover, possible to install an additional layer of insulation under the panel;
- diversity of design solutions, including simulation of different surfaces (wood, ceramics, leather);
- easy installation does not require special equipment and specific knowledge, in addition, when working with products practically does not produce dust and dirt;
- easy maintenance, it is enough to wipe with a damp cloth or a cleaning cloth decorated walls once a month, and when heavily soiled wash with warm soapy water, do not use abrasive detergents or solvents;
- is possible to install on any surface, regardless of its degree of flatness and smoothness (due to installation of framing crates), and almost no matter what is used to facing it;
- may be used as a decoration in unheated areas (for example, to the loggia or balcony), as well as in areas with high temperature (interior decoration, saunas);
- increased fire resistance (can withstand temperatures up to 400 degrees);
- during operation does not emit harmful substances;
- low price of plastic for the walls.
Of course, there are also disadvantages, and the most important thing can be called a ban on the use of the ground intended for the evacuation of people in case of fire, as when burning plastic emits acrid smoke and strong substance.These places are mostly staircases and platforms.
Types of plastic panels for walls
top layer of PVC panels can be made in one of three basic ways.
- Lamination .The method involves gluing using a two-component adhesive on the surface of the plastic panels, a special film that is due to the special texture can simulate a lot of natural materials - wood, marble, leather.The film is resistant to moisture, light and abrasion, so that even when a long operation of the product look like new.
- Offset printing .For the decoration is applied two-step printer.The first step involves printing a pattern using ink, and the second stage panel covered antistatic paint.Most often applied by this method patterns imitating marble surface.The main advantage of the offset method is that the resulting product is moisture-resistant, resistant to the effects of physical and chemical means.
- on transfer / thermal. displacements on the surface of figures and patterns with the fuser, which is pressed against the pane, and then hot-rolled roll of silicone.The temperature at which the process is in the range of 150-180 degrees, under the action of heat on the film being colored pigment and varnish transferred to the PVC preform.The film becomes transparent and wound onto spools for subsequent use.Such a method does not provide an additional protective layer of lacquer.At the same time, the resulting surface is resistant to external influences, UV rays, has an intense color and original design.
Accessories for plastic panels
- starting strap;
- final plank;
- profile for the inner corner;
- Profile for external corner;
- connecting rod;
- plinth ceiling and floor;
- area soft universal (for internal and external angle).
To install moldings (accessories) use galvanized nails or self-tapping screws.From the edge of the element back down at least 5 mm.Buy accessories should be the color of the panels.Such elements are easy to cut conventional construction cutter.Exterior accessories are simply pasted on the wall tiles, it does not push the product is too much to each other, as this may damage the plastic and formed dent, which is almost impossible to remove.
what to look for when buying a plastic panels
- appearance .It is best to purchase products from one party and if possible to check products in various boxes on the line colors.The paint should be applied to smooth uninterrupted layer and the surface is smooth, without damage.
- condition ribs and their number .The more partitions inside the product, so it is more durable when it stiffeners must not be deformed or damaged in product quality, and often they are disposed flat.If it is difficult to visually determine the number of internal baffles, it is possible to rely on the weight of one panel - it should be large enough, but not too heavy.
- interlocks .The crest and the groove must match exactly to each other and not connected to form gaps or irregularities, and also to easily connect, without putting superpower.
- Price range .It is not necessary to purchase products at the lowest price, high quality out of her just will not work, which means that in the near future it will need replacement and as a consequence of the overpayment of funds.You should not give preference too expensive goods are likely included in the price supplement for the brand.Most of the panels produced less known European producers are decent quality / price ratio.
- Raw.If possible, find out chalk content in manufactured goods, as if it too much, then the product will be flexing its mark, and sometimes dents.
calculation of the amount of material
In order to repair a problematic passed minimum purchase required material should be made on the basis of calculations.
calculation profile for crates
- make calculations in several ways, the simplest is considered on the example of the wall height 245 cm and 400 cm in length. The optimum the distance between the profiles is 30-50 cm. Keep in mindfurring strips that are fixed perpendicular to the panels, that is, the horizontal arrangement of the panel strips installed vertically and vice versa.
- defined the position of the lining is possible to calculate the required number of profiles.To know how much need for a vertical rack arrangement lathing, wall length must be divided by the distance between the uprights and add one extreme profile, i.e. 400/50 + 1 = 9. This means that it is necessary to acquire 9 racks length 2.45 m.
- Do not forget that the crate is on the perimeter, respectively, we add at least two rails, the length of which corresponds to the length of the surface to be decorated.Thus, it is possible to know the overall length of the desired profile.To this figure should be sure to add 5-10% to take into account all undercuts or error.
- In horizontal battens, calculations are made based on the height of the ceilings.In addition, it is necessary to consider door and window openings, if any, their area is subtracted from the resulting numbers.
- installing furring on concrete or brick walls need to calculate the number of dowel-nails.The calculation is made based on the total length of the wall.For every 50 cm 1 spent dowel-nail.You should also add a few percent of the reserve.
- If the installation is carried out by means of capping, it is recommended to use a 1 m2 20 pieces fasteners, producers generally supply them in packs of 100 or 200 pieces.
Calculation PVC panels
- to start defined length of the wall (in the example 400 cm), and then the resulting figure is divided by the width of the strip (for example, 20 cm), that is 400/20 = 20 pieceswhose height corresponds to the height of the ceiling.This amount of material required for facing the wall by mounting panels vertically.
- When installing panels in the form of individual tiles is easier to conduct calculation of square meters, not forgetting each time to add to the amount of material of 5-10%.Calculation around windows and doorways is best done separately by deducting the amount from the total figures.
calculation of parts and accessories
- As a rule, the majority of components corresponds to the length of 3 m. If the installation angle profiles are used, it is necessary to calculate the angles occurring on the surface to be decorated, and that is the number of componentsnot buy.
- Calculation of roof and floor skirting is conducted based on the perimeter of the room, the size of which is divided by the length of the plinth (3 m), and is rounded.
- Also, do not forget about connecting the inner and outer corners of the baseboards, which are calculated based on the number of angles.
methods of installation of plastic panels
Virtually none of the construction process is complete without the application of any tools, installation of plastic panels will be no exception.
Materials and tools:
- PVC panels;
- solid crate or cage (depending on the selected option may be needed: pieces of wood, rails, metal profiles, particleboard or fiberboard);
- components for plastic panels;
- insulating material (if you plan to arrange an additional layer of thermal and acoustic insulation);
- glue, screws, nails or staples (depending on the chosen method of attachment);
- measuring tape, building level;ruler, pencil;
- screwdriver, a hammer, a hacksaw with fine teeth;
- screwdriver, hammer, construction stapler.
There are several different ways to install plastic panels.Each has its advantages and features.In some cases, you can choose the most simple and less time consuming, and in other cases, no such choice and assemble the product is only one particular method.
Mounting on crate
- This phase involves collection of measurements and applying markers for subsequent mounting battens.You should also make sure that all required materials are available in the proper amounts.Can be prepared frame profiles, but should be numbered each bar, it is not always the height or length of the wall can be the same in each position.If the plastic panels have just been acquired, it is necessary to allow them to lie down for 12 hours unpacked.
- When installing panels on profiles or wooden planks are not supposed to sweep the walls, but if there are serious surface damage, mold or fungus, you have to treat it properly.
- If you plan the installation of a wooden frame in wet areas, all parts should be treated with special compounds that prevent the development of bacteria and rotting wood.
Crate necessary in the case where the wall has great differences in height and unevenness between the wall and the panels can be laid an additional layer of insulation.It can be carried out in three main ways: from wooden slats of plastic profiles and metal rails.In general, the difference between them is only in the method of fixing them facing.
Tip: when fixing the panels in the vertical plane, lathing is done in a horizontal direction.The shorter the distance between the guides, the stronger the whole structure.The best is a step in the 30-50 cm.
- for mounting a wooden frame used bars with a cross section of 4x4 cm or 4h2,5 see. Reiki can be attached to the base for screws or dowels.
- With vertical installation of panels installation batten starts with the installation of the right and left guide.Then, set between the horizontal cross member, subject to the same distance between them.
- For greater rigidity can be installed additional vertical racks.Each bar set is checked using level to whole batten arrangement has been in the same plane.
- This type of wooden crates slightly more expensive, but it is considered the most reliable and durable.The profiles are made of aluminum.
- first set U-shaped profile starting from the ceiling, then the same set in the floor.They are fixed perforated rails on which the panel to be fixed.