with maintenance or construction work on their final stage has to do plaster walls.Align wall putty is needed if you want to get smooth and beautiful walls for painting or wallpapering.All work is carried out in several stages, each of which can fulfill even the novice.Of course, not having practical experience leveling wall putty, can not do without flaws.But adhering to the recommendations set out below, the error can be reduced to a minimum.
- Types fillers
- Tools and additional materials
- Recommendations on leveling wall putty
- cleaning the walls of the old coating
- Priming the base before spackling
- Leveling putty walls with their hands Align
- wall putty: video lesson
are going to do the alignment of the wall with spackling are requested to determine the type of filler.The choice of one or another type of filler affects materials for finishing, the original quality of the surface of walls, as well as the purpos
Today you can find a variety of fillers from different manufacturers.But fillers can be divided into dry and ready.The principal difference between them is the need to prepare the place dry putty.In other respects they are similar.But it should be noted that the finished fillers tend to a higher quality, as they are prepared strictly according to the technology directly to enterprises.
choosing putty, you must pay special attention to its type.There is a starting (leveling), and a universal finishing putty.Each of them is designed for a specific type of work on alignment of the walls.
- So starting putty properly used to address the deep irregularities.This type of fillers can be applied to a thick layer of 10 mm to 30 mm, with no fear of cracking the surface.
- Unlike starting putty finishing Apply a thin layer to 10 mm and have a finer granularity.
- Universal putty have durability starting putty, but the fine-grained and can be used to finishing alignment.
defined the type of putty, choose her look.This can be plaster, resin, cement or lime plaster.Each of the fillers used according to the final topcoat and purpose of the room.Let us consider each of them in detail:
- Gypsum plaster .Suitable for any finishing finishing materials.Almost does not shrink.Layer may be applied more than 2 mm.But the main drawback - a ban on the use in areas with high humidity and sudden changes in temperature.It is therefore not applicable for external operations and for finishing in the bathroom, the bathroom and kitchen.
- Polymer putty .Apply for any finishing finishing materials.Not shrinks.You can apply a thin layer.It does not depend on temperature changes.The disadvantages of these fillers is a very high price and the high risk of purchasing defective putty.
- cement plaster .These fillers are suitable for any finishing finishing materials.Most often this type of fillers used for rooms with high humidity.Unfortunately, the main drawback is the surface cracking, low elasticity, an extended period of solidification and high shrinkage.Thereby requiring re-puttying.
- Lime putty .These fillers in its composition have both sieved quicklime or cement, or various polymers, therefore, have all the advantages and disadvantages of cement putty.Most commonly used for facades and walls plastered with lime plaster.This kind of putty is recommended for finishing lime paints.
Important!Lime and cement plastering the only ones that are suitable for painting lime paint.This is due to the fact that they are alkaline, can provide the "breathing" walls, especially if used for finishing aerated vapor-permeable walls.Plaster on the contrary are acidic and can be used to finishing concrete walls, plasterboard, etc..
should be noted that the alignment of walls putty value of all work in the long run depends on the amount of filler used and its price.To save on this point estimate, you must carefully read the brand bought putty and learn its consumption per 1 m2.Of course, we have to pay for quality, but if the budget is too small, it will have to seek a compromise on the issue of price / quality.
Regarding volume consumed filler, the average area of the wall 9 - 10 m2 takes about 15 kg of putty.The thickness of the layer is from 2 to 5 mm.At the same time after the first coat has dried, you may need additional luting individual sites, and it is still a couple of kilos putty.Application of a second layer of putty for the final alignment is particularly important when preparing walls for painting.
Tools and additional materials
to perform all work on leveling wall putty need a specific tool and additional materials.Everything you need can be freely bought in any hardware store.Because the tool is required:
- trowel 15 - 20 cm;
- trowel 45 - 60 cm;
- corner trowel;
- a mixing of putty;
- drill and mixer attachment;
- grater with fastening to sandpaper and the paper itself small and medium grain.Here you can add petals to protect from dust.
Of the additional materials required priming and rollers for its application.Also, do not be amiss to polyethylene film on the floor to protect it from accidentally falling putty.
Recommendations on leveling wall putty
work on leveling wall putty starts with the preparation of the wall surface.There are no special secrets is not here.If you need to putty the walls of brick newly constructed home, then do it best after plastering.For concrete walls plastering is not so important.
cleaning the walls of the old coating
The house where the walls had any topcoat have to remove it first.An example of the preparation of such walls can serve the following photos showing the cleaning of the walls of the old vodoemulsionku and plaster.
The process of cleaning the walls is pretty simple.As is the case with the removal of old wallpaper, painted surface vodoemulsionkoy wall with old plaster is moistened with a little water, then scraped with a spatula.But unlike the removal of wallpaper, moisten with water best a small portion.
A few minutes later, as soon as the plaster absorbs water, it can be scrubbed.
In cases where the walls were painted with acrylic paint or alkyd paint, everything is more complicated.First you need to remove the paint itself with a special wash.Of course, this is not the most pleasant way to clean, especially in confined areas.Therefore, you can just bring down the paint on the wall with a hammer.
Priming the base before spackling
cleared the wall, you can proceed to the second stage of training - covering it with primer.This is a required step and they should not be neglected.Primers, deep penetration will not only enhance the adhesion of the surface but also penetrate deep into the wall, filling in cracks and partially removing minor damage.Apply primer is quite simple.Initially, it is poured into a special container in which poppy brush or roller and then rolled along the wall.To enhance the effect of adhesion primer may be applied in two layers.After application of the primer to dry wall reserve for 6 - 10 hours.After that, you can start leveling wall putty.
But first you need to learn a few simple guidelines that will efficiently and without any problems poshpaklevat wall.
- Perform puttying walls is better at once.This is dictated by necessity rather than by any rules.The thing is that the plaster dries out fairly quickly, and after 20 - 30 minutes, it will be impossible to put on a quality wall.Therefore, you should make some small test batches to determine the speed at which you develop them.
- If you had to make a long break, before embarking on further spackling should drench edge of putty and then continue puttying.
- If necessary, align the walls with the application of several layers of filler, for the first layer can be used universally or starting putty.And on the last layer put the finishing putty.
Leveling putty walls with their hands
completing the preparation of the walls, you can proceed directly to the leveling wall putty.All work will take place in a specific pattern.The algorithm is the next action.
1. Before you start kneading the putty, you need to check the evenness of the walls .To do this, take the rule and applying it to the wall at different angles.Vertically, horizontally and diagonally.Applying therefore a rule, you can see all the irregularities of the wall.Where there is a gap between the rule and the wall, there is the need to fill it with putty.
Important!After checking for the presence of the wall roughness and noting these places for yourself, consider the following.If most of the projections is positioned vertically, the plaster should be applied from the bottom up.If horizontal, right to left or vice versa.
2. After checking for irregularities of the walls, begin to knead the putty .As already mentioned, the first two or three mixing is necessary to make a trial, slowly increasing the amount of filler.For convenience, a set of dry putty out of the bag, you can use special plaster scoop.
On average, more or less uniform development solution rookie need 4 - 5 Kovshikov putty.The amount of water for one batch is necessary to look at the packaging.Different manufacturers, it may be different.
Knead the solution using a drill and attachments "mixer."We would like a solution to the consistency of thick cream.So that plaster can be easily removed with a spatula, and at the same time not slipping or dripping from it herself.When mixing is necessary to achieve monotonous putty solution without lumps.If any, we try to break them and mixed.
3. With narrow spatula putty impose a wide .We try to evenly distribute the filler along the edge of a spatula.Then putting a spatula to the wall at an angle of 50 - 60 degrees and stretch the putty on its surface.Keep the trowel in various ways.An example of how this can be done is shown in the photo.
main thing is that the spatula is firmly fixed in his hand, and when applying putty was accompanied by sufficient efforts to smear the putty on the surface.Putty start from the corner of the room.To create smooth and accurate slopes and angles use a special trowel corner.
4. Having developed the first spatula, repeat the entire procedure with a set of putty and applying it to the wall.But do it in a new section of the wall, next to the already applied layer of putty.This partially stepping on it, as if continuing the previous layer.We remember the uneven walls and causes putty accordingly.
5. After processing section of the wall area of about half a meter, take the rule and applying it at an angle to the wall.Then, with a little effort we perform along, removing excess filler.
6. Repeat the entire algorithm spackling work out until the whole batch.Then repeat it.
after being poshpaklevany wall, leave them to dry for two days.After drying can be more thoroughly evaluate all the shortcomings and flaws in the first shpaklevanii.Again, putting a rule to the wall and find the irregularities, if any.Then you can go two ways.
first - fill a new layer of filler recess. second - raze projections using a grater, and then, if necessary, apply a finishing layer of putty.Consider the second option, as it will allow more qualitatively align walls finishing putty.
- Take the grater with fixed on her pieces of sandpaper.
- Gently rock in a circular motion to clean off any excess putty in areas where formed nodules or bumps.
- After anchoring zero grain sandpaper and tested again by the bare places.
- Upon completion check the surface of the wall and need to apply the finishing layer of putty.Before applying the topcoat wall must be wetted with water or primed to soften the previous layer and improve adhesion.The final coat should be applied with great care, so that it is as small as possible flaws.
Align wall putty: video lesson
work on leveling wall putty - one of the most simple and easy to build.Of course, no experience will be difficult the first time to make a perfectly smooth wall, but a little practice will give a positive result quickly.If you are not handy with tools or do not want to get dirty, you can find a good master for a very reasonable price.Especially because at leveling wall putty price is not high in the region of 125 - 130 rubles per m2.That in comparison with, for example, plaster pretty cheap.