modern world offers a huge assortment of various building materials to decorate the surface of the walls and ceilings.An inexperienced user is difficult to make a choice in favor of one particular product, because every product has its drawbacks, advantages and application technique.This article will talk about ways of applying textured plaster.
- Benefits textured plaster
- Variety textured plaster by the presence of a binder
- silicone textured plaster
- mineral textured plaster
- acrylic textured plaster
- Silicate textured plaster
- Variety in texture textured plasterand a method for applying
- Texture "bark beetle»
- Stages applying textured plaster pitted his hands
- Texture "Lamb»
- Stages for applying textured plaster "lamb»
- Texture "Shuba»
- step of applyingtextured plaster "coat" with their hands
- Texture "bark beetle»
- Key Features textured plaster
course, of great importance played by personal views and financial positi
- now very popular material such as textured plaster, which is permitted to use both indoors and outdoors.It is safe to say that it is a universal type of finish that is ideal for the repair of the bathroom, hallway, kitchen, living room or front, it also looks good in public buildings, for example, as a wall decoration in theaters, restaurants, banks, offices and sohereinafter.
- This plaster is able to easily transform the interior, to emphasize style features, bring a sense of comfort.In addition it has mass and other advantages.
Benefits textured plaster
plaster, creating a surface texture, suitable for decoration almost any room, in addition, it is considered ideal for isolating and emphasizing all elements of the interior: the niches, built-in cabinets, columns,false fireplaces and many others.
The main positive qualities of this material include:
- good sound absorption;
- moisture resistance - allowed to use even in areas with high humidity;
- strength and durability;
- plasticity - the material during operation is able to stretch in the range of 5-7 mm, which is very important in the decoration of new buildings, where the probability of a small shrinkage;
- affordable price;
- imitation of various surfaces, including exotic (the skins of wild animals, reptile skin, sand dunes, tree bark, stone, etc.);
- unique and diverse design - even a wizard can not create two completely identical surface, and by all sorts of techniques and application of staining appear many new variations;
- attractive appearance;
- plastering is possible without the involvement of expensive specialists and without professional equipment, sometimes quite spatula and trowel, to cope with which afford even inexperienced repairmen;
- resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage, as well as any weather events;
- light and easy care, can even be washed or vacuumed plastered surface;
- of the mixture consists of only environmentally friendly components.
Of course, all the advantages of plaster are shown in full on the condition that it carried out the correct application and was selected a quality product.
Variety textured plaster by the presence of a binder
textured plaster - a common name for several different materials, each of which has its own characteristics, you must consider before opting for a particular product.
- Despite the fact that plaster, create texture, have many common features and properties (e.g., they form a textured surface upon drying and are composed of a special granular additive), yet there are differences between them.First of all, the material is produced varies in texture and the presence in the composition of those components.
- binder - a substance that retains the structure into a single mass, that is a major component that influences the positive and negative qualities of plaster.
silicone textured plaster
- This kind of mixture is made on the basis of synthetic (silicone) resin.Available only in finished form, ie does not require further dilution prior to use of any liquid.Used on all surfaces of the mineral - stone, brick, concrete and so on, as well as old coatings, indoors and outdoors.
- Among the advantages can be called a long life, flexibility, vapor permeability, moisture resistance and high resistance to external adverse factors, ie plastered surface practically does not stick dirt, dust and moisture.If you choose this type of plaster should consider that it is only applied over the silicone primer.
mineral textured plaster
- This type is also called a mixture of cement and mineral, as it acts as a cement binder.As additives, various plasticizers, making the solution more elastic.As a rule, the goods are delivered in the form of dry matter, which was before the work should be diluted with water.It can be applied on mineral surfaces on the interior walls and facades.
- main advantages is considered non-combustibility and good water vapor permeability of the finished layer, and moreover, it is the most affordable product.The disadvantages include the fact that the finished plastered surfaces are recommended to be painted, even when there is no need for a color change, especially in the case of facade work, since the plaster has low resistance to moisture, and may eventually begin to "dust".
acrylic textured plaster
- This mixture, made on the basis of acrylic resins.It supplied ready-made and does not require further dilution.It is recommended to be applied to mineral surfaces, but also can finish any old coating.Due to the excellent resistance to almost any climatic phenomena, it is used for finishing the external walls of the buildings, but it is necessary to consider its low water vapor permeability.
- To give the finished layer of the desired hue to be added to the dye solution and mixed well, further staining the plastered surfaces is required - by a particular color is obtained more resistant, including abrasion and fading.
Silicate textured plaster
- It is a product based on an aqueous dispersion of a potassium silicate, such a solution is called soluble or liquid glass.This product comes in a ready state, ie when working with it, it is not necessary to add a part of any substance or liquid.Suitable for plastering almost any surface, but it is important to treat the foundation before applying silicone primer.
- main advantages are considered parameters such as excellent water vapor permeability, resistance to weather conditions and, therefore, it is possible to apply and facades, and resistance to dirt, or in other words, a self-cleaning layer is formed.The disadvantage is the high content of alkali, which is considered extremely harmful, and in some European countries, such compositions are even forbidden to use, in addition, silicate plaster is classified as rather expensive products.
choosing one or the other subspecies of stucco should be based on the type of surface as well as on the kind of matter used for insulation.
- example, for walls of cellular concrete, the main characteristic of the plaster it would be a good vapor permeability, because blocks of aerated concrete or foam sufficiently porous in structure and, therefore, can absorb moisture, which, finding no way out, will start to accumulatebetween the plaster and the wall and destroy both surfaces.
- second important point can be used by a heater, for example, the foam may be applied almost any mortar, but if you are using mineral wool, then apply the acrylic plaster should not be, but perfectly suited silicone or silicate compounds
Variety textured plaster in texture and application method
main subspecies here are the three types, which differ in the size of the filler and the main components as well as technology textured plaster coating on the substrate.
Texture "bark beetle»
When facing such kind of plaster surface becomes grooved texture and appearance resemble labyrinths, tunnels left by drevotochaschimi beetles in the wood.When this takes the whole wall texture, it looks quirky and quite beautiful.
- plaster "bark beetle" comes with the addition of the filler of various fractions from 1.5 to 3.5 mm.With finer grain, as a rule, used in interior design, and large grain it is perfect for facing facades.It should be borne in mind that as the size of the filler is increased and the consumption of material.
- manufactures products in two forms: an acrylic-based (ready for use) and cement-gypsum, a mineral that is based on the (dry powder).Depending on the manufacturer in the mixture may be different components, but often used as granules of marble or granite chips.Grain replaces sand in the composition, and due to the fact that the added polymer fillers, the solution itself gets enough light.
- By main advantages of the variety textured plaster may include the following:
- resistance to temperature extremes (from -50 to +60 degrees);
- resistance to UV radiation;
- pazharoustoychivost, and when exposed to fire is no emission of harmful and dangerous emissions;
- durability and strength;
- moisture (water or allowed to wash the coat room with high humidity);
- on the finished layer and it does not appear under the mold, bacteria or fungi;
- resistance to chemicals;
- resistance to abrasion and mechanical stress;
- surface can be colored in any color (two ways staining: after the drying layer and the addition of the dye in solution);
- affordable price.
- Job Application textured plaster "bark beetle" consists of 3 main steps: priming, plastering and grout surface.
Tip: Facing best to choose a clear day with mild temperatures, as fluctuations in temperature and humidity can lead to uneven drying of the applied layer, which has a negative impact on the result.
Tools , which will be needed for:
- or plastic containers for dilution of silicone plaster and building mixer for mixing (if the plaster has the form of a dry powder);
- trowel and float to apply the mixture;
- roller and tray for primer.
Stages applying textured plaster pitted his hands
- The first surface is cleaned and primed after the primer is completely dry, you can begin the work.Breeding dry mixture should be strictly according to instructions, but do not for one time to mix all the packaging, as is usually the viability of the solution is not more than 2-3 hours.It is better to do it gradually, thus it is necessary to make sure that the applied layer has not had time to dry out, otherwise the transition will be very prominent.
- solution is distributed evenly over the surface with a spatula.Layer should not exceed the amount of granules present in the composition.Apply textured plaster best vertical or horizontal rows, capturing in a single pass the entire width or height of the base.If the surface is too large, then the pre-outlined borders, which will be convenient to apply the mixture.
- After applying the "bark" is necessary to leave the surface for 15-20 minutes, for easy setting and then proceed to the grout, which, depending on the desired pattern will have a different direction.So drawing a "rain" is vertically downward or simultaneously in two directions.It is also possible and floating circular or wave-like movements, it all depends on the imagination of the master.For a smooth transition from one band to the other joints may be slightly moistened with water.
- Painting textured plaster "bark beetle" is produced by dry layer using a roller or brush, or dyes are added to the solution, and has already applied to the surface of colored mixture.
Application textured plaster woodworm video
- This texture when applied to the surface resembles a twisted rings wool lamb, that is, it turns out rough, granular layer.The most common product is available in a dry mix cement-based.Also, the variety of plasticizers are added, but the main component that creates the texture is marble or quartz grit size of 2.5 mm.
- Due to the coarse fraction is usually "lamb" is used on the facades of buildings, but can also be used for finishing interior walls and ceilings in rooms with high humidity or high load, for example, in the bathroom, in the kitchen,hallway, balcony, in the lobby, the walls in the office, etc.
- basis for facing can be virtually any.It is best manifested in the mineral surfaces such as clay, concrete, cement-lime, brick or plaster may also be applied to the drywall.
- By main advantages are the following qualities:
- ductility and elasticity;
- resistance to abrasion and mechanical stress;
- does not absorb moisture;
- ease of application solution, and care for the tiled surface;
- resistance to weather events, including UV;
- long retains the original appearance;
- a wide choice of colors.
Stages for applying textured plaster "lamb»
- to correctly and most importantly qualitatively applied plaster "lamb" is important to carefully prepare the foundation to achieve perfect flatness and smoothness, as well as to take carethe surface is clean and dry.First of all, should be exempt from the wall or ceiling of the old coat, repaired all the irregularities, cracks, dents, it can be done any screed.
- In new walls can be oil or bitumen spots, which also should be cleaned and degreased.