furnaces and fireplaces important issue so that the heat center organically fit into the design of modern interior.To construct the furnace in the house, it is important to refine and oblitsevat so that a finishing material to withstand high temperature load.The best option - a quality heat-resistant tiles for stoves or fireplaces, which compares favorably with a number of finishing materials index of thermal expansion.
- properties of heat-resistant coating materials
- Basic requirements for the heat-resistant tiles for fireplaces and stoves
- Chemical composition of refractory materials for heat resistant tiles
- Varieties of heat-resistant tiles
- heat-resistant adhesive for a heat-resistant tiles
- Features laying heat-resistant tiles
- care heat-resistant tiles
properties of heat-resistant coating materials
heat-resistant tiles - quality lining material which has the ability to withstand high temperature, refractory brick m
Heat-resistant interior materials have several varieties, but they are not very different in terms of functionality - the ability to withstand large temperature extremes without the threat of destruction.That is why the heat-resistant ceramic tiles prefer to use at the stage of finishing the lining of fireplaces, stoves and barbecues.It is molded of high strength, decorative, durable.
basic structure of any heat-resistant ceramics:
- refractory clay;
- stabilizing additives;
- glaze with pigment for decoration.
Basic requirements for the heat-resistant tiles for fireplaces and stoves
Given the high thermal load, which will be subjected to heat-resistant finishing tile (as it is called), it makes special demands:
- low porosity base, preventing a significant expansion during heating;
- high strength;
- resistance to mechanical stress and possible damage;
- good thermal stability;
- sufficient heat;
- environmental friendliness;
- increased standard thickness to peers.
Under this standardization covered several finishing materials that differ in production technology and appearance:
1. Refractory ceramic granite: very solid and durable material, which mimics many types of natural stone and other decorative materials.This new generation material having excellent characteristics, but has a feature - due to its high strength difficult to cut than other types of finishing tiles.
2. Tiles: very stylish and durable material as close as possible to natural.The oldest known to mankind facing materials, refers to highly fire-resistant varieties of tiles.It has a characteristic color, also used for shingles.
3. Clay tiles: an alternative to bricks, rather thick and spectacular.A wide palette - from milky white to chocolate, newly laying very beautiful combination of 2-3 similar hue.
4. Tiles: heat-resistant ceramic tiles for Russian stoves or fireplaces, characterized by distinctive patterns on the glaze.It has a characteristic shape with voids in the middle, so that a high heat-saving properties.
5. Chamotte tiles: a qualitative and rather expensive material of chamotte used mainly for decorating fireplaces.
6. Majolica: glazed tiles, imported from the island of Mallorca, which was made by the ancient secret technology.It is considered the elite finish.From local clay and doing the dishes.
heat resistant ceramic tiles, as well as other refractory materials, in the production process are single or double firing, respectively technology.The main condition - that the interior materials are not cracked or cracked by temperature changes, while maintaining the integrity of the structure or pattern on the frosting.It is equally important to use only natural materials of natural origin, that on heating the tiles do not emit toxic substances.
Tip: These finishing materials are used not only in the decoration and barbecue grills, fireplaces and barbecues area, but also to finish the surrounding walls, baseboards and floor - to ensure the overall fire.To give some shade temperature-resistant decorative materials, used different metal oxides.This tile is a universal material that has been successfully used for facades of town houses, fences landscape design, styling of various premises.
Chemical composition of refractory materials for heat resistant tiles
Fire clay, which goes for the manufacture of heat-resistant tiles, contains a certain proportion of specific minerals.As is known, various kinds of clay layers lie substantially at a predetermined level throughout the soil.This is a common sedimentary rock consisting of aluminum silicates.Color clay varies within wide limits, depending on the chemical components:
- oxides of iron, copper, aluminum;
- sodium and others.
not fully understood exactly what substances provide special clay refractory characteristics.But they, during firing at a high temperature ceramic materials provide sufficient strength and heat resistance.Important quality refractory surfacing materials - under the influence of heat does not melt and does not emit toxic components.
during production and the process of heat-resistant products in the raw batch of refractory clay and water are injected additives that alter the characteristics of the finished tiles and define its appearance.The percentage of ferrous oxides determines the color of the tile manufactured.
To get enough light ceramic materials in the raw material batch is introduced fragment additives fade under extreme temperatures.With this turn microscopic voids in the heat-resistant tiles for stoves, they provide sufficient heat transfer.For these purposes:
- fine sawdust;
- peat dust;
- organic baby;
- carbon powder;
- organic waste.
Types of heat-resistant tiles
Ceramic heat-resistant tiles for fireplaces, barbecues and ovens differ:
- the front of the invoice;
- figure glaze;
- glossy or rough surface.
glassy glossy surface is more suitable for the finishing is not very hot surfaces, that is, where the refractory brick is laid out in 2-3 layers.This is due to the fact that the glass component worse tolerate temperature extremes, but even Peterhof furnace refractory lined tiled floors and white and blue pattern.
best option for installation experts believe the standard rectangular elements of the small size - the easiest way to lay them end to end, with a small gap for joints.Ceramic tiles, thick enough, it is more like a finishing brick, visually mimics quality brickwork.This variety has excellent technical characteristics.
However, it should be noted that any kind of heat-resistant tiles you can buy without fear that there will be problems with the fire resistance.Chosen by the consumer version of finishing barbecue stoves and fireplaces guarantees excellent technical performance and high quality masonry.
Tip: Noticed that correctly lined fireplaces and stoves only increase the heat transfer.Refractory ceramic tile - strong enough decorative material which is resistant to both rapid heating and natural cooling.Samples from the original surface may have high decorative properties, such as heat-resistant tiles for the fireplace, but frequent use and cleaning smooth surfaces more suitable.
heat-resistant adhesive for a heat-resistant tiles
When working with a furnace or fireplace facing clinker, chamotte or another heat-resistant finish, not suitable conventional materials, and only the heat-resistant tile adhesive.It is available as a dry mineral mixture has a specific chemical composition, so it does not lose properties when heated.Mixture refers to a group of eco-friendly building materials - does not emit toxic substances.It belongs to a group of silicate glue that is made on the basis of liquid glass, which added fire clay, kaolin and some binders.In fact, it is ready to use the material, it is easily applied to the prepared surface and well-grasped.
Features laying heat-resistant tiles
majority of coating materials tolerate temperature fluctuations, so apply not only heat, but also low.Therefore, heat-resistant tiles used for saunas, fireplaces indoors for outdoor decoration furnaces, barbecues and barbecue area.Tile after firing becomes waterproof and frost-resistant.However, it is important to observe the technology tile affecting the durability, appearance and quality of the lining - the video.
Chosen option heat-resistant tiles laid on the prepared surface layer on top of the anchor composition applied evenly.It is important to comply with the same interval to form a neat seam, which is filled after the installation.This will provide a high quality lining taking into account any material that expands when heated.Cutting fragments are placed at the end, and it is better to start from the outer corners and bring a wall right next to the inner corner, and then finish the rest of the wall.
stacked on metal reinforcement bar will be subjected to higher loads - due to the expansion of the metal when heated.Experts recommend to leave a gap of 1 cm between the brick wall and metal.Only under these subtleties resistant lining material will serve long and reliable.Upon completion of tiling it is important to wait until the adhesive is tightly adhered to start jointing seams - no earlier than 2 days.Use a stove or fireplace-label can be about 1.5-2 weeks after the final grouting.Heat-resistant cladding materials except glue during installation require a refractory grout - for the seams.
stepwise process of laying the heat-resistant tiles:
1. Prior to the cladding is not a new furnace or fireplace is required to perform internal and external cleaning, soot and trotted trust ventilation.Outside the wire brush treat all surfaces to obluschit all loose plaster, abrasive particles and dust.Apply seams clutch materials.
2. Treat the surface of the cement-sand mortar (1: 3 and diluted with water to desired consistency).Pre-lubricate dry surface wet paint brush.With the level and plumb, make sure that the surface is perfectly flat - it ensures a neat and beautiful brickwork.
3. The next layer - plaster with fine-mesh fiberglass mesh, which is easiest to fix construction nails.
4. Prepare adhesive mortar and crosses - to comply with the spacing between tiles.It fits with the first row, and how carefully and lie horizontally base will depend on the quality of the rest of the installation.
5. The adhesive composition is applied not fat on the back of each tile, and carefully remove the excess with a spatula.It is advisable to adjust the level of each fragment, after firmly pressed to the treated surface.Adjustment can not be done after drying glue.
6. fugovannoj or wipe the surface can then be completely dry adhesive (48 hours), the color is thought out in advance.Fill all joints, gently wash off all traces of the composition tiles with a damp sponge.After a week or two it will be possible to drown, but better 1st time not warm up the fireplace or stove at full power.
care heat-resistant tiles
1. The easiest way to wash the tiles with a smooth surface like an ordinary ceramics, but it can be done on the cooled surface of the furnace.
2. rough and textured tiles periodically cleaned with a brush and heavily soiled surfaces can be washed occasionally ordinary soapy water and dry it thoroughly.
3. In some areas refractory tiles soiled fat bloom, particularly if the stove is often cooked meat.
4. To remove fresh contaminants rather use of conventional means for washing dishes or cleaning, and dry abrasive particles is better not to apply.
5. The liquid alcohol-based stain remover can be used in extreme cases - when the spray hit the fat matte terracotta.