Experienced owners are thinking about decorating walls, know that to give room respectability and underlined splendor is most advantageous to use wood and MDF, but the use of these materials is often limited to their essential value.The era of technology has allowed to find a cheaper alternative to wood and MDF panels to make repairs available to everyone.And the alternative - laminate.
- laminate walls: the main advantages
- Disadvantages of laminate, limiting its application
- main parameters that need to be guided in choosing laminate
- main varieties of laminate
- Mounting methods laminated panels
- laminate installation on the wall: the sequence of work
laminate walls: the main advantages
To call in question the practicality of the laminate as the material for the walls does not make sense, since it took a long time test of strength as the floor coverings.
previously used as a cheaper alternative to the usual tree and wa
The main advantages of the laminate as the material for the walls:
- high environmental friendliness due to the wood components of the composition of the laminated panels;
- Durability - an important advantage of the laminate, the current under normal usage;
- wide range of textures and colors - an advantage laminated panels, giving life the most daring design ideas etc.;
- Easy installation allows the finish of the walls without the help of experts;
- Easy operation and high practicality make it easy to carry out wet cleaning is not afraid to spoil the laminated panels.
Disadvantages of laminate, limiting its application
Despite the large number of advantages, laminated panels and inherent flaws that prevent their use as a finishing material in any premises.
This is mainly due to the low resistance of the material to changes in temperature and humidity, precluding its use in the bathroom and kitchen.
To finish the hall with the help of the laminate is not peculiar to any restrictions, as the possible variations of these micro-climatic factors in this room are of short duration.
main parameters that need to be guided in choosing laminate
Before turning to trim laminate walls, it is important to choose the right material, focusing not only on its low cost, but also act on his operational factors.
Therefore, when choosing the material you need to focus on the following parameters:
- possible level of abrasion and mechanical impact.This factor is important to consider when selecting the material thickness.Frequent cleaning and constant exposure to sharp claws of animals - a reason to give up excessively thin panels;
- installation method - perhaps the most fundamental factor in determining the choice of material.Actually the opposite statement - a kind of laminate material determines the method of attachment to the wall.
main varieties of laminate
Given this, there are the following kinds of laminate, that should be read before answering the question: "How to fix the laminate on the wall?»
- adhesive laminate, characterized by smoothmargins and lack of locks.Attaching such panels is performed by liquid nails;
- tongue and groove laminate is characterized by a tongue and groove lock.Laying laminate on the wall involves the use of glue sizing without locks.In the case of the dry method of fastening material, the strip-like lining small nails fastened into the groove of the tongue;
- Clicks laminate is a more modern modification of sheet panels.His fixation can be carried out using an adhesive to the crate out of wood.
Mounting methods laminated panels
thus distinguish fundamentally different from each other mounting options laminate on the wall:
- first method: direct mounting to the wall by means of a laminate of liquid nails or glue, allows you to easily combinetexture and color design panels.However, the walls in this case require additional training, as should be characterized by a perfectly flat surface;
- second method involves laying laminate on a wooden crate, which had previously been collected from the rails and is secured to the wall.Despite the obvious advantages of being able to more sound insulation, the owners often refuse this option attachment since the dimensions of the room, in this case decrease.
Installing laminate on the wall: the sequence of work
first stage of finishing work is to calculate the required amount of material.Given that the laminate is made to mount a flat surface, to calculate is not difficult.For this purpose the width of the walls multiplied by the height, and the resultant number is added an additional 10% of the material required for fitting.To rationalize the use of laminated panels, experts advise to choose the strips, the most suitable size.
Before you answer the question: "How to strengthen the laminate on the wall?" Is necessary to clarify that the mandatory step of finishing the preparation of events considered to be a working surface.
In the case of adhesive laminate, special measures are not required, it is sufficient that the wall surface is flat and dry.For laminate, features that imply its mount on a carcass basis, it is necessary to prepare a wooden crate.
for its manufacture wooden slats recommend using an average diameter of 30 mm, which is fixed by means of screws at a distance of 40 mm.The installation is carried out exactly perpendicular rails to future panels.It is desirable to use the building level.
further defined with the choice of starting point.It primarily depends on the spatial orientation of the panels, which can be located both vertically and horizontally.Horizontal stacking, in turn, is directly dependent on the paneling of the wall that is also different and can be either full or partial.
If you plan to complete the wall paneling or only its upper part, mount the panels starting from the ceiling and carried out from top to bottom.Otherwise, wall produced in the opposite direction, starting from the floor.
In the case of the vertical orientation of the panels, finishes and designs laminate walls start from the corner of the wall from left to right.To trim angles does not spoil the appearance of the room, experts recommend to keep expansion gap of 15-20 mm from the wall angle.
Method of attachment of the laminate also depends on its variety: when attaching the adhesive laminate rear surface of the wall panels and coat with glue, followed by fixing brackets to the wall using a level.
mount the second row is performed in a similar manner, but before you fix the bar with glue, it is inserted into the lock of the previous panel.To achieve additional fixation lock secured with nails or staples.In the case of wall decoration using a sheet laminate and its attachment to a batten performed using klyaymerov fixing the panel at the top and bottom.
After strengthening the laminate on the wall, a photo of the room after the finish can be seen below, should not be left in its original form sections of the wall in contact with the plane of the floor and ceiling.
Masters recommend the use of a plinth and corners, hiding all the imperfections, which can be tailored to match the laminate panels or contrast with them.