Walling plasterboard often become the only possibility of redevelopment areas.Furthermore, the material used for the alignment of walls and implement many architectural compositions.
walls and plasterboard partitions have a distinct advantage - they are easy to build yourself.It does not require assistance of highly qualified experts and the purchase of expensive equipment.It is enough to know the technology of installation and comply with certain nuances when working with sheets giposakrtona.
- Advantages and disadvantages of the wallsof plasterboard
- Tips for Choosing sheets gispokartona
- Mounting plasterboard walls with their hands
- necessary materials and tools
- preparatory work
- formation of a metal frame
- fastening sheets of plasterboard lining
- wiring, installation of switches and sockets
- final stage of construction of the walls
- Alignment plasterboard wall frameless way
Advantages and disadvantages of the walls of plasterboard
Gipsokraton - lightweight, flexible and easy to use and with which you can easily transform a roomand add interior houses or apartments originality.Drywall can be wall separating the room, set the partition unthinkable to build a complex shape or decorative designs.
Wall plasterboard has the following structure:
- frame wall.It is made of metal profiles or wooden slats.In recent years, increasingly preferred metal frame - it is considered more robust, affordable and less susceptible to external factors (humidity, mechanical stress).Metal profile is produced specifically for drywall.
- wall sheathing on both sides - sheets of plasterboard.Depending on the room where the wall or partition can use conventional, water-resistant and fire-resistant plasterboard sheets.
- Filling Seine.Between sheets of drywall stacked glass wool or mineral wool.
installation of plasterboard walls has a number of advantages:
- simple technology installation;
- opportunity to bend the material (pre drywall sheets need to be wetted with water);
- to work do not need expensive tools;
- can be placed inside the wall ducts, telephone and electric cables;
- plasterboard wall has a smooth surface;
- drywall suitable for different types of finishing (painting, paperhanging, tiling).
Options everything plasterboard walls: photos
The disadvantages of plasterboard walls include:
- by prolonged exposure to moisture plasterboard sheets can "swell" and the loss of the original appearance;
- low mechanical strength of the plasterboard (place hanging cornices, lighting, paintings elements necessary to strengthen the mortgage);
- place heavy objects on the plasterboard wall is impossible.
Tips for Choosing sheets gispokartona
durability and structural strength of plasterboard depends largely on the quality of the building material and its compliance with the performance characteristics of the room.
The basis of plasterboard is a gypsum core covered on both sides of the multilayer board.Depending on the characteristics of the constituent elements of plasterboard sheets (GCR) is divided into the following main categories:
- GCR - a standard gypsum board used to "trim" the premises with normal humidity.It has a low fire-retardant characteristics.The price of this material - the most accessible.
- GKLO - fire-resistant drywall.Gypsum filler comprises a reinforcement of fiberglass and cardboard impregnated with flame retardants, which reduce the flammability of the material.The glass prevents the spread of flames.
- gypsum plasterboard - water-resistant drywall is used for leveling walls and creating partitions in wet areas (bathroom, balcony).Cardboard GCR layer impregnated with hydrophobic compounds that minimizes the ability of a material to absorb moisture.
- GKLVO - combined form of drywall, which combines waterproof, fireproof properties.This is the most expensive type of GCR.
Select the thickness of the drywall is made depending on its application:
- suitable for wall cladding wall thickness GCR - 12.5 mm;
- ceiling - a ceiling GCR 9.5 mm;
- to create curved structures - arched GCR to 7.5-8 mm.
Before buying drywall need to inspect for defects - must not be damaged or cardboard core raskoshennoy
Mounting plasterboard walls with their hands
foundations of the wall of plasterboard can be wooden crate or metal frame.Wooden structures are made of softwood and metal - galvanized profiles.
use of wooden crates is only permitted in a dry and warm room in which excluded significant temperature differences
Consider mounting technology GCR walls with a metal frame, because this kind of design - is more reliable and easy to install.
necessary materials and tools
metal crates to create a profile for plasterboard wall is available in two sizes:
- W - is the general framework for the construction of the wall (larger profile);
- D - used for arranging the plane, followed by fixing plasterboard.
Each size has a guide (U) and the support (C) profile.
guide profile (UD, UW) - U-shape with smooth walls, the reference profile (CD, CW) - also has a U-shape, its walls - ribbed.
to create barriers with a width of 50-100 mm in profile UW (50 * 40 75 * 40 or 100 * 40 mm) and CW (50 * 50, 50 * 75 or 50 * 100 mm).For walls thicker, with the necessity of laying communications, mounted on two rails on each side wall of CD (60 * 27 mm) and installed batten profile UD (28 * 27 mm)
Besides profiles and sheets of drywall will need:
- suspension of direct and "crab" (universal connector);
- plastic dowels with screws;
- sealing tape;
- metal corners;
- wooden beams to strengthen the door and window openings;
- mineral wool.
For work you need the following tools:
- hammer drill with concrete (6 mm);
- reversible drill or screwdriver PH2 with a bat and a magnetic nozzle;
- tin snips;
- Bulgarian disc of iron;
- handsaw, plane, knife for cleaning the edges of the sheet or grater for drywall;
- level (120 cm, 80 cm);
- rope, fishing line;
Before you make a wall of plasterboard, it is necessary to carry out preparatory work:
- Adjacent walls and floors must be leveled and prepared for finishing.
- On the floor it is necessary to apply the layout of the future wall, taking into account such aspects:
- angles in rooms are rarely perfect (90 °), especially in older buildings, so when marking the plasterboard wall is necessary to become attached to two parallel walls;
- if you plan to not only install new walls and lining of the GCR and the adjacent walls, the first output crate under a covering, and then - the future framework of the wall;
- line marking will be equal to the guide profile, then added to the mark of the thickness of the drywall, plastering and finishing;
- on the floor it is necessary to note the location of the doors.
- draw a line on the floor layout is transferred to the walls and ceiling.For the accuracy of notation should be used or a plumb laser level.
Forming metal frame
consider gradually creating the framework for a plasterboard wall thickness up to 100 mm:
- dowels and screws to attach the shock UW profile (sent) to the ceiling and floor, leaving a free space for the door.
- support legs CW are set on the edges of the guide.The same rack must be set for the formation of a door or window opening.CW profile is first mounted to the lower track, and then vertically (level) - to the top.
- At arrangement of openings CW profile face mounted inside a window or doorway.
- support legs are attached to the rails by means of screws.
- stands on the perimeter of the openings must be strengthened with wooden bars.
- The entire length of the wall of the future need to set the vertical supports - profile CW:
- first profile is mounted at a distance of 55 cm from the adjacent wall;
- the distance between the other vertical profiles - 60cm;
- check level vertically mounted profiles.
- indicating the horizontal faces of windows and doorways using UW profiles:
- piece profile it is necessary to cut the length of 30 cm more than the opening;
- at the edges of the profile at a distance of 15 cm make a mark (distance between the marks = opening width);
- undercut sidewall profile angle of 45 °;
- bend the edge of the profile - should get a U-shaped design;
- workpiece is put on the opening side support sinks and rises;
- attach UW profile to the posts with screws.
Fastening drywall sheets
plasterboard sheets have standard size: 1200 * 2000mm, 1200 * 2500mm, 1200 * 3000mm.Most often, the ceilings in the rooms have a height of 2.75 m and more, so one sheet may not be enough and will have to add strips of GCR.
for cutting drywall, you can use a regular knife construction.
Cutting drywall occurs in the following sequence:
- sheet put on a solid, flat surface.
- Mark the cutting line with a pencil.
- top layer of cardboard carefully cut with a knife.
- Sheets shift support to the edge of the cut line, and fracture.
- sheet and turn the incision on the other side of a layer of cardboard.
- GCR Move to the edge of the support and finally it chipped.
The cut edge of the sheet should have a beveled angle of approximately 22 ° - it will improve the quality of finishing of the future wall
procedure for fixing plasterboard to the wall:
- remove the sheet from the first side facet - cut a strip width of 50 mm.
- Fastening sheets begins with the adjacent wall with the bottom edge.
- Offset from the floor to the GFC must be 10-15 mm.
- sheet attached to the metal sheathing screws 3.5 * 35 mm.We must start with the edges of the sheet, and then - to strengthen the middle.The distance between the screws should not exceed 25 cm. Hats screws need to go a little further in the GCR.
- Measure out the remaining distance to the ceiling and cut a piece of drywall to size.
- chamfer formed on the sheet.
- attach to the frame.
- Subsequent sheets are mounted in a staggered manner without cutting bevel.Thus, the next sheet in full will be attached to the ceiling, and the missing part - to the floor.
- sheathe GCR one side of the wall.
Wiring, installation of switches and sockets
If there is a need to conduct electrical or telephone wires in the wall, it must be done before the second side of the wall cladding with plasterboard.
For the wires in the vertical profiles are made of 35 mm diameter hole at the desired height.Wiring must be placed in the corrugated tube, and then to have a wall.
cardboard-gypsum sheets in advance is necessary to provide holes for outlets and switches.
final stage of construction of the walls
Drywall Walls desirable soundproof.For this fit the roll of mineral wool thickness of 600 mm or 1200 (depending on the width of the wall).Vata is necessary to firmly lay between the vertical profiles, further consolidate the material is not necessary.
After communications and sound insulation wall construction can sheathe plasterboard on the second side.
Processing finished walls of the FCL:
- glue joints between sheets of mesh serpyanka.
- Wall treat Homepage putty.
- Process wall finishing putty, leveling all the places of fastening screws.
- layer plastering trowel abrasive mesh.
- now on the wall can be applied to any finishes - paint, wallpaper paste or lay ceramic tiles.
Mounting plasterboard walls: Video
Alignment plasterboard wall frameless way
Gypsum is often used for leveling walls.Here are two basic methods:
- GCR mounted on the crate (technology similar to the construction of the wall of plasterboard);
- GCR is glued directly on the wall (the way for a more or less straight walls).
consider the second option - frameless method finishing plasterboard walls.In this case, installation of drywall on the wall comes with a special adhesive Perlfiks.
- Prepare wall:
- determine the degree of curvature of the wall;
- clear the wall from grease stains, debris, remove visible irregularities;
- primed surface of the wall.
- defined with arrangement of leaves on the wall, apply the appropriate markup.
- The sheets make holes for switches and sockets.
- in the side plates, in places adjoining to the side walls, it is necessary to chamfer.
- glue diluted with water in the right proportions.Stir the glue mixer construction.
- adhesive applied along the perimeter and in the middle of the sheet of drywall.
- sheet pressed against the wall, smooth and level to check the rule vertically arranged drywall.
If the wall is loaded with additional constructions (lamps, shelves, paintings), the adhesive should be applied over the entire area of the sheet
As you can see, working with drywall does not cause too much trouble, and the partition of the GCR to build and align the wallunder the force of even beginners building skill.