Warming door contributes not only to minimize the heat loss, but also improve the sound insulation.In order to insulate the door leaf, you need to find high-quality insulation material and insulation circuit of the door frame will depend on its original design and the material from which it is made.This article will look at how warm the front door with your hands.
- insulation materials for doors
- How warm iron door
- How to eliminate the gap
- Warming doors from a single sheet of metal
- How to insulate wooden door
- Creating insulation double doors
insulation materials for doors
Modern building market is replete with a variety of thermal insulation materials - from mineral wool to polypropylene plates used for insulation door business - class.
- Mineral wool - a material that provides excellent sound insulation and heat indicators.Among its undisputed advantages is cheap and harmless.Furthermore, it is moisture resistant and is not exposed to temperature extremes.Among the few drawbacks of this material can be distinguished its looseness, which contributes to the appearance of thermal bridges in some places the door.To avoid such defects in insulation installed special rails that protect the material from sagging.
- Corrugated - is the second most popular material used in insulated doors for the home.He has sufficient rigidity due to the design in the form of a honeycomb, and good resistance.Also, as mineral wool, corrugated cardboard has a low cost and low weight.This method of insulation doors promotes an efficient and sound insulation significantly reduces heat loss.
- foam - a heater for the door, which is also used for the manufacturing economy - the class.Due to its low cost, high-density foam and durability in great demand as a material for thermal insulation of doors.It has a low thermal conductivity, comparable to the expensive vacuum insulation.These valuable properties are ensured by a uniform structure having no open pores.The only serious disadvantage of foam - is his inability to resist fire.
- use polyurethane foam as insulating material has a lot of advantages.Polyurethane is lightweight, sufficient rigidity and safety.The high cost of the material pays for itself by excellent heat and sound insulation properties.And, unlike the cheaper heaters, it moisture-proof, able to withstand strong shock and fire.Such high performance is achieved thanks to the special structure of the polyurethane, composed of minute cells.
- for expensive thermal insulation of doors most commonly used penopropilenovye panel .Of these heaters they show the best characteristics of moisture resistance and sound insulation, as well as a minimum percentage of the thermal conductivity.Plates penopropilena have the ability to counter tension and compression.
- Wood fiber - another modern insulation material.It is made from wood of coniferous trees.In the manufacturing process for this material is added special substances which ensure its high-temperature strength.Wood fiber is of sufficient density, so has a good sound insulation.The material has hardness and strength.After mounting such panels do not shrink.It is harmless to human health and is environmentally safe.When installing the wood fiber in a metal door is not necessary to apply the vapor barrier film.Wood fiber has a special ability to absorb moisture from the premises, if the percentage of humidity increased, and when to give it moisture reduction.The only downside of wood plates - a high price because of the complexity of the material production technology.
Tip: for warming wooden door is best to use foam or izolon.
- Foam. His most significant plus as a heater - it is a good thermal, hydro and sound insulation.Foam is also often used for insulating metal door panels as a substitute for mineral wool.It is sufficiently flexible and resilient material.Among the main drawbacks of foam recovered his fragility.Term of operation is not more than 3 years.Moreover, during its manufacture using a toxic raw material, because of which it is easily ignited and combustion emits pollutants.
- Izolon has a higher value than the foam, but its performance figures are much higher.For example, this criteria insulation material mineral wool exceeds more than 10 times.Izolon humidity resistant and contributes to effective sound insulation.This material is not exposed to extremes of temperature, able to withstand chemical attack.It is completely harmless to human health.
Thus, when choosing insulation material for the door should be guided by its operational properties.No need to chase the low cost insulation, as high levels of thermal and acoustic insulation is often directly proportional to its price.
How warm iron door
method of warming the metal door depends on its design.Removable door frames are usually assembled from armored plates and sheet cladding.They are bonded to each other by means of metal supports and stiffeners.
To create an insulated front door is necessary to prepare the following materials and tools:
- thermally insulating material (to choose from - mineral wool, polystyrene, cardboard, polyurethane);
- liquid nails;
- Before performing insulation works, remove the door from its hinges.Because the metal frame removed paneling and armored plate, gently twisting the screws.
- In between the ribs is laid insulation and strengthen it with liquid nails.
- joints between the insulation material and the ribs are filled with foam.When using mineral wool vapor barrier film spread on top.
- sheet metal bolted into place and the door leaf is hung back in the loop.
- After work, check the clearance between the door and the opening.
How to eliminate the gap
Often, even insulated doors continue to miss the heat outside.This is due to the presence of small cracks in the ground connections and the opening door leaf.
- Their wool plug and tamped with a screwdriver, and then cover the surface of the cement.
- better to fill large gaps with foam and putty.
- For more dense contiguity door to the opening using special seals (rubber or foam).This material provides a reliable seal of the door leaf.This provides a minimum percentage of heat loss.
Warming doors from a single sheet of metal
Tools and materials for:
- 2 fiberboard (or wooden lining);
- screwdriver (or a screwdriver);
- wooden slats or metal proftruby;
- thermal insulation film;
- liquid nails.
- In order to secure the insulation material on the door frame are made of a special wooden slats.The resulting frame is fixed on the perimeter of the door frame with screws and an additional set of three cross rails dividing the area of the door into equal parts.
- After installing the wooden frame around the place screws cleaned, coated with plaster and oil paint.
- Instead wooden frame can be used a metal frame made of four rectangular shaped tubes.They are welded, sanded and stained.
- 2 sheets of hardboard metered in accordance with the size of the door, drill a hole for the eye and door hardware.
- then placed heat-insulating material and fix it with liquid nails.Joints with foam and closed at the end to spread insulation vapor barrier film.
- on insulated doors are placed sheets of fibreboard, fixed and fixed with screws.
- screws inserted from the front side of the door frame to fiberboard panels adjoined smoother.
- Insert peephole, sealed it and put the valve sealant.
- door suspended on hinges, if necessary, bonded seals around the perimeter of the opening.
How to insulate wooden door
entrance wooden door gives way to the metal in its performance characteristics.If it is not warm, the apartment owners have to suffer from drafts and heat loss.Also, do not insulated wooden door has a low sound insulation.
- nails or screws;
- wooden slats;
- textile fabric harvested along the perimeter of the door with an allowance of 10 cm (in advance on the fabric can be applied decorative motif);
- decorative nails.
- wooden door frame is removed from the loop, remove the bolt and peephole.
- for its thermal insulation is also necessary to make a wooden frame from reek.It should match the size of the cell heater.You can make them more often, but we should remember that they create cold bridges.
- It is inserted into the insulation (preferably foil izolon).
- fabric cloth prepared in advance is applied to the door and fix nails.
- final stage of the work will be decoration leaf decorative nails that nailed on the planned scheme.Next door is set into place.
- As with the installation of metal doors, the gaps between the door leaf and the opening is eliminated by seals affixed around the perimeter.
Creating insulation double doors
- If the apartment has two doors, one of which is metal, the other of wood, insulation will be enough leaf of metal.
- wooden door frames at will decorate artificial leather as insulation will be achieved by creating an air space between the doors.
- It would also significantly reduce noise and sounds.
- double doors reduce the risk of freezing the metal door at very low temperatures.
Thus, high-quality thermal insulation material, properly mounted in a wooden or metal door, ensure minimal heat loss, protection against drafts and comfortable accommodation.