For added insulation, metal doors require any installation of the seal.How to select and properly install a quality seal for metal doors tell this article.
- general concept and function of the seal to a metal door
- Species sealants for metal door
- rules for the selection of the seal metal door
- Installing seal on the metal door
- Mounting self-adhesive seal
- Overview manufacturers of sealants for metal door
general concept and function of the seal to a metal door
Seal - furniturny element metal door.The main function of the seal is to protect the premises from foreign sounds.Additional features of the seal:
- protection facilities from foreign odors;
- thermal protection - preventing the formation of drafts;
- seal - ensuring a snug fit of the door leaf to the door frame.
consider the basic requirements for the quality seal for metal doors:
- seal must ensure complete sealing, the door protects the room from getting extraneous noise, moisture, cold air, small particles of dust or noxious fumes;
- seal ensures reliable and smooth closing of the door;
- seal must meet the high standards that provide water and air tightness and excellent cushioning properties of the metal door;
- seal eliminates sharp unpleasant sounds, which publishes the metal door at closing, after the installation of the seal door closes smoothly and silently;
- sealer for metal doors must be resistant to extreme temperatures to avoid solidification or peeling;
- seal must interact well with the door closed when there should be no gaps;
- fire safety: the use of a rubber circuit to delay the cold smoke, the use of intumescent layer to fill gaps and to prevent the spread of fire.
Species sealants for metal door
Depending on the type of sealant material is divided into:
rubber seal for the metal door is characterized by durability and endurance.
Advantages of the rubber seal on the metal door:
- a high level of air and moisture-proof;
- resistance to prolonged exposure to atmospheric precipitation, temperature, UV;
- long life;
- low cost;
- no cracking.
rubber seals are made of oil-resistant, kislotnoupornoy rubber which offers food and high-tech quality.
not inferior rubber and silicone sealants, which are ideal for metal doors.The advantage of silicone sealant is that the silicone does not emit harmful substances and provides ecological security of the home.Silicone does not provoke the emergence of allergies, so these seals mounted on the metal door to the nursery or health care facilities.
polyurethane sealant can be easily attached to the door, as it has on one side adhesive tape.Plastic seals rarely mounted on metal doors, as well as foam.Although the cost of these seals is quite low, the quality characteristics do not allow to exploit these seals on the metal door for a long time.
in relation to the design and mounting type seals are divided into:
- magnetic seal for metal doors;
- seal with an additional clamping mechanism;
- sealer for metal doors self-adhesive.
magnetic seal appeared not so long ago, but is increasingly being used in the manufacture of metal doors from the manufacturer.Magnetic gaskets installed on the doors of the refrigerator or freezer.The principle of operation is based on pull-seal permanent magnets using a pole of attraction.On the metal door installed a triple loop magnetic seal.The first two circuits are arranged directly on the door, and the third - on a door frame.Magnetic seals have a disadvantage: if the strong attraction of the magnets, such a door is difficult to open a child or an elderly person, and in the presence of weak magnets - the door will not meet all the requirements of sealing and noise insulation.
establish better magnetic seal for metal doors, which do not have decorative elements, and consist of ordinary metal sheets.Magnetic seal has two components: the soft part and a magnetic insert.The soft part is made of thermoplastic elastomer.The benefits of using TPE:
- resistance to aging;
- operating temperature from -65 to +90 ° C;
- after use is made of this material recycling.
Recommendations regarding the selection of the seal to a metal door:
1. When choosing a self-adhesive seal sure to check the shelf life of the adhesive, which is applied to one side of the tape.
2. Do not use the foam seals for metal door.After all, as a rule, used metal door at the entrance to the room and has the greatest burden on the number of openings, the foam in this case, very quickly deteriorate.
3. Before you give preference to the seal, read the specific information materials, shelf life, and the technical features of the seal.
4. To check the tightness of the seal properties, it should be a little pressure on the seal, if the material is quickly regained form, provide a good seal tightness.
5. When selecting the seal, which requires an additional bonding, buy a good quality silicone sealant.
6. Pay attention to the color of the seal, in most cases it is a black, brown or white, but there are exceptions, and some companies allow you to choose the color of the color of the individual doors.
7. When choosing a seal for the front metal door should not focus on the variety of colors as well as paint a significant impact on the quality characteristics of the seal, it is better to choose the standard black seal.
8. The rubber gasket should be medium hard, too soft material quickly come into disrepair, and the seal is too tight will prevent the closing of the door.
9. When choosing a self-adhesive seal the sticky side should be covered with small particles of glass.
rules for the selection of the seal metal door
Before you buy a sealer for metal doors, determine the shape and type of seal.Sealers sold in a roll form with an average length of 600 cm tape for the standard door of the seal will suffice.
To select the right seal is necessary to measure the gaps of a metal door.For this procedure, take the clay to be wrapped in plastic and insert it into the slot, with the door closed.With a tape measure or ruler, measure the length of the gap.For
slit which is 1 to 3 mm, a foam, polyethylene foam, polyvinylchloride or rectangular seal.
For gaps which exceed 3 mm using rubber seals, which are divided into:
- seals with the profile of the C-shaped, C-shaped or E-shaped - is used trehmillimetrovyh gaps;
- P-shaped or V-shaped seal is used to eliminate the gap thickness of 3 to 5 mm;
- in gaps that exceed 5 mm mounted seal O-shaped or D-shaped.
When making a work on the replacement of the seal should tear off a piece of the old sealant and pick up in store the most similar in size new seal.
To determine the size of the required seal, decide the number of layers, and then measure the size of the metal door, and define the perimeter of the door frame, multiply that number by the number of layers.It is best to purchase a sealant with a margin.
Setting the seal on a metal door
1. When replacing seal should be thoroughly cleaned of the old door seal with fine sandpaper and a good wash doors acetone or alcohol solution.
2. Metal doors used at the entrance to the room, so it is advisable to install two or three layers of sealant, to ensure more reliable sealing.
3. When setting the seal on the front door of the apartment, which does not go into the street, install two layers of sealant.Place the first layer on the outside of the door leaf, and the second - set on the door frame.
4. If the seal is mounted on the metal door, which opens directly onto the street, the better to put three layers of sealant.The first and second loop mounted on the door frame and the inside of the door, and the third - on the outer surface of the door.Requirements for external seals for metal doors: resistance to temperature changes, UV radiation, moisture, precipitation, having a good dimensional stability and tightness.
5. When buying branded doors from the manufacturer of the seal on the door there.If you have a porch, double door seal is located on each narthex.
6. Install rubber seal is made with silicone adhesive.For this seal coat with an adhesive gradually and applied to a surface of the door.
7. When you install the seal on the painted metal door, since the dye must be at least twenty days.
Mounting self-adhesive seal
Before replacing the seal surface should be cleaned from the remnants of the old sealant and clean the door atsetonosoderzhaschim misalignment.
Self-adhesive seal is even easier to install than rubber.To install, you need to gradually remove the tape to stick the seal around the perimeter of the door leaf.If the seal eventually begins to stick bad - use for bonding adhesive or sealant.When replacing the seal or use separate pieces, as there is a risk of poor performance gasket sealing function.Pay attention to seal the corners, as in these places possible shrinkage or poor adhesion of the seal.After complete bonding seal trim remnants of scissors.
Overview manufacturers of sealants for metal door
1. Deventer (Germany)
- use of environmentally friendly materials for manufacturing the seal;
- certificate of compliance with international standards;
- excellent recovery properties after compression seal;
- use of a thermoplastic elastomer, which prevents aging of the seal as a consequence of exposure to UV light.
2. Stomil Sanok (Poland)
- a high level of durability;
- additional loop seal;
- manufacturing rubber seal made of special foam rubber;
- resistance to temperature from -44 to +66 ° C;
- softness and high elasticity of the seal;
- lifespan of seven to ten years;
- seal ensures quiet closing metal door.
3. Accord (Turkey)
- service life of 5 years and above;
- harmless and environmentally friendly;
- warning hit the premises of dust, sound, or extraneous odors;
- reasonable price.
4. Welless (Germany)
- variety of colors: black, beige, transparent, white, brown, dark brown;
- ensure maximum density and silent closing metal door;
- high performance with changes in temperature;
- resistance to chemical effects;
- antitoxic, involves the use of a sealant in medical institutions.
5. Varnamo (Sweden)
- use of foam rubber for the manufacture of self-adhesive seal;
- diversity of seals: K-shaped, P-shaped and D-shaped;
- minimum service life of seven years;
- lightness and ease of installation of the seal;
- rolls are sold in convenient packaging of 6, 16, 24 and 100 meters.
6. Cyclone (Switzerland)
- water- and windproof;
- thermal resistance from -40 to +60 ° C;
- good adhesion self-adhesive seal;
- provides excellent sealing and silent door closing.