The domestic market is saturated with a variety of materials for finishing the ceiling, offering consumers a variety of options.It may be plastic, wood, metal panels or suspension and tensioning system, in any case, each covering, anyway, carries out its decorative function.However, there is a material that combines environmental friendliness, ease of installation, low cost and durability.It's about the ceiling panels of foam, which recently returned to its former popularity.
- production ceiling panels from foam
- Advantages and disadvantages of the ceiling panels from foam
- How to choose a ceiling panels from foam
- Calculating the number of panels on the ceiling
- choice of adhesive
- method of disposing of the ceiling panelsfoam photo
- Installation of ceiling panels from foam
Polystyrene products are widely used in construction, thanks to its high technical and operational characteristics.From it produced elements fo
production ceiling panels from foam
Immediately it should be noted that the ceiling panels of foam often produced a square shape with dimensions 30x30 or 50x50 cm, at least in the construction market offers a rectangular plate.As manufacturing technology can be divided into 3 types.
- There used stamps, which are laid in the prepared foam plates.Form is passed through a press to form print on the front side of the relief pattern.With this method of manufacturing a particulate material is stored.Output is possible only in white.
- After mounting plates can be given any color, covering them with water-dispersion paint diluted caramel hue desired.Constructed in this manner the panels can be laminated in any color palette.
- This technology enables the product with precise geometric parameters, therefore, the ceiling surface is obtained almost perfect.Plates due to the porous structure and the thickness (up to 8 mm) have a decent heat and noise insulation properties.
- With this method, the main raw material is subjected to heat treatment.The foam melted and then from the resulting mass produced band, which later by the vacuum thermal forming turns in the tile.
- In the process, melting the material can be added to the dye, which allows production of these products in any color.
- low porosity makes this ceiling panel stronger.However, it should be noted that in this production equipment must be adjusted as closely as possible.Otherwise, the product may turn out to deviations in size.What will undoubtedly create difficulties during installation.
- These products output have a glossy surface.They are manufactured in a wide variety of embossed patterns, with clear relief pattern, with a complex, sometimes voluminous decor.Caring for such panels is very easy.
- After gluing extrusion plates - the seam between the elements is quite noticeable.Moreover, such products can not be added to paint, as their surface is not able to absorb the colorant.
- This method of manufacture involves steaming the main raw material, embedded in a mold.As a result, the cast slab leaves white 9-14 mm thick, has a higher quality.
- valuable properties of ceiling panels made by this method are water-repellent and noise absorbing properties, allowing them to be mounted in wet rooms (bath, kitchen) and rooms with thin walls.
- This type of tile has a regular geometric shape, a deep and clear texture.When installing the material forms a single fabric without any visible seams.
Advantages and disadvantages of the ceiling panels from foam
- Despite the different technology, the weight of the tiles does not exceed 200 g. / M, which greatly facilitates the transportation, storage and assembly of products.
- Polystyrene plates during manufacture processed retardant components which reduce the combustibility of the material.With this flame is kept not more than 4 seconds.Moreover, during combustion foam allocates 8 times less heat than wood.
- For articles manufactured by extrusion, characterized by resistance to the alkali alcohol solution and brine, building mixes based on gypsum, lime and cement.That allows them to perform installation on the surface of any material.
- however, should not be allowed contact with organic solvents, such as gasoline, turpentine, kerosene, acetone.Paints, oil-based products can lead to deformation and melting of the foam panels.
- It should be noted, and the safety of the material in environmental terms, where the toxicity index is less than 0.027 mg / m³, which fully complies with the existing standards.
- Polystyrene panels do not rot and mold, can withstand a wide temperature range.The coefficient of thermal insulation exceeds the woodwork, not to mention such materials like brick or concrete.
- Mount similar products can be in almost all areas for any purpose, but only if there is a reliable ventilation system.
- A significant advantage of the foam ceiling panels is their low price and a large assortment.
- The only drawback of the cladding material is its unsuitability for expensive interiors or rooms are decorated in a very modern style.Although today the producers try to maximize the range of manufactured products, where each user can acquire the taste panel.
How to choose a ceiling panels from foam
- First of all, when you buy should examine the geometrical shape of the product.Corners must be strictly 90 °, edges of plates - flat, without curls, and rounding.These conditions allow the choice to perform the installation, where the junction of the edges to be invisible.
- density and thickness of the roof panel should be the same across the surface.Crumbling edges unacceptable.If the acquired molds, then take it for a corner and gently shake, if it is not broke down, it means that the production technology has not been broken.
- Relief on the plate should be the same, and the pattern (figure) clearly without blurring.
- Of course, the products made by extrusion, look more attractive.However, during the operation of their gloss can be very intrusive, such a product is fully capable to "divert" attention from the main elements of the situation.
- owners of small kitchen area with caution in choosing the material, especially if poor ventilation in the room and also no extractor fan.In this case, the warm air coming from the plate, the ceiling will stagnate, leading to the penetration of fat into the porous surface of the ceiling panel.After a while, the product will turn yellow and lose its shape.
Calculating the number of panels on the ceiling
Calculation of material can be produced in two ways.
- On paper drawn surface areas intended for pasting of panels.It certainly saved scale.Since the foam ceiling panels are usually mounted on the middle of the ceiling, then first we must hold diagonally.Next, with the greatest care "place" material from the central part to the edges of the room.
- If the location of the wall remained a gap of less than half of the plate, then one piece will cover two similar plot.If the gap is more than 25 cm, then you should know that the flow will go the whole tiles;
- Counting can be performed in a mathematical way, where the length and width of the room divided by the size of plates.For example, there is a room with a width of 4.5 m and 3.8 m Dina, your product has a size of 50x50 cm. That means 4.5: 0.5 = 9 tiles, 3.8: 0.5 = 7.6 boards.The results are multiplied and the result is the final amount of material - as many as 68 pieces.
- No matter what method had been calculated to acquire the material to be 10-15% more.This is necessary in case of accidental cutting or deformation of the product, because the run to the store, leaving the repair, not very much and want.In addition, if after acquisition some time has passed, it may well be that this collection will already be absent.
choice of adhesive
Before you attach the ceiling panels of foam, it is important to choose the right glue.
- These works can be performed using known polyvinyl acetate glue "Bustilat" or such as "PVA".They do not have a repulsive smell, but unfortunately for a long time to dry.If for some reason chose to such adhesives, while not to stand for 10 minutes, gently supporting the ceiling tiles, it is recommended to use safety pins, sticking them neatly diagonally into the corners of the product.
- can be used and universal adhesives such as "Titan", "Master" or "Eco-naset."The polymer, which is part of the options presented, gives a pretty good adhesive properties, but the setting is fairly long.
- Against this background favorably "Moment", which fully corresponds to its name - instant glues.Of course, it is a bit more expensive and it is necessary to purchase a building gun, but it is worth it.
- thick consistency "liquid nails" is ideal for this purpose, especially if the surface is not ideal.There must read composition, among the components should not be a solvent.
- adhesive should mix you can prepare yourself.This will require a polymer coating (preferably an acrylic-based), which is diluted with water, as long until you get thick as sour cream.At the stage of the batch is added a little PVA.Kneading such a solution it is recommended in small portions, so he did not have time to harden in the course of work.
- It is said that the product adheres more easily stamped tiles made by extrusion.
method of disposing of the foam ceiling panels with photos
Sticker foam slabs can be derived from the angle - a way relevant to areas with ideal settings, which in itself is a rarity.If work is carried out in a standard apartment, it is likely that the longitudinal seams of tiles will be displaced and will be well "visible" from the front door.
- Accommodation can be diagonal.This option is preferable, because this location allows you to visually enlarge the room.In addition, all the flaws, cut off part of the wedge-shaped plates will go to the wall.
- If someone is snow white ceiling seems too boring and mundane, it can be pasted colored plates.For the combination selected pair of the combined colors, or, conversely, held a "game" in contrasts.Selected items are stacked in a serpentine or checkerboard.
- to create an individual project, the panels are painted acrylic or latex paint diluted color scheme.You can paint the entire ceiling surface or just the selected items in the desired order.
- Sometimes panels are glued to the frame made of wood or metal, this method is more suitable for curved surfaces.The design allows you to hide or run ceiling communication complex shapes.
Installation of ceiling panels from foam
- Designers are advised in any case to start laying the facing material from the chandeliers, thereby obtaining a clear picture built in the central part of the ceiling.To do this, from any angle to draw a straight line through the point at which is the main lighting fixture.Usually this fixture and usually it is not centered on the premises.
- second line should be held perpendicular to the first.In this way a surface divided into 4 segments.
- But before that held the standard arrangements for the preparation of the ceiling, including the clearing of the previous coat or flaking fillings.Remember, if you were selected thin tiles, the dark spots will be seen through them.Therefore it is better to plaster surface of at least 1 time to give a uniform white color.
- Compulsory produced a primer, which inhibits the growth of mold and mildew, remove dust from the surface of the building, which greatly improves the adhesion.
- further performed ceiling markings which are held perpendicular to the diagonal serving guide for masonry panels.Carefully check the accuracy of angles and the evenness of the lines you can start a label.
you need a minimum set of tools:
- assembly, clerical or ordinary sharp-edged knife;
- pencil, tape measure;
- soft tissue;
- itself tiles and glue.
- matter how will be stacking plates: parallel walls, that is, the angle or from the central part of the ceiling on the diagonal, remember the first 2-3 panels define the appearance of the surface.Therefore, you should pay particular attention to the correct location foam products - according to the markings.
- Note the arrows or embossed inscription on the reverse side of the plate.They indicate the direction in which should be done laying.If none, then immediately on opening the package, you have to put down their own, such as a pencil, but in no case can not use the token.Besides there are 2 reasons, first - in daylight panel to differ materially shades - from white to deep gray.Especially this sin smooth product.Secondly, there are often boards where one of the parties may differ to a millimeter, like much, but when laying 10 elements "accumulates" up to 0.5 cm. There is no doubt that in the latter speak of perfectly flat seams do not have to.Consequently, if the glue foam panel strongly in one direction, the difference will be noticeable in the audio, or the final result.
- Typically, the adhesive is applied in dot perimeter panels for a more secure fixing of the adhesive composition may be noted and the diagonal product.When you need to wait a few minutes and only then glue the plate.
- material itself is quite thin, so the press should be done not with your fingers and palm.Excess glue carefully cleaned with a cloth immediately after installation plate.Then checked the location of the plate, it should be strictly parallel to the marked line.If necessary, the adjustment of the placement of the ceiling panels.
- Likewise mounted and the subsequent panel.When installing the product from the corner - made rows of sticky.