wooden houses, baths, saunas and garden have an important advantage - they are completely environmentally friendly, as made from natural materials.Wooden houses - "live", it "breathes", shrinks and ages, that is, live their lives.The house is made of natural wood provides air circulation, simultaneously cleans it and gives healing properties, thanks phytoncides and resinous substances of natural pine.These features of the structure of lightly processed wood creates some difficulties.For example, when installing windows in the wooden house and door openings, as well as finishing subside walls, but subject to installation technology, all these problems can be solved.
- which windows are suitable for wooden walls
- What is important to know about the technology installation
- General conditions of use obsady
- main problems during the installation of doors and windows in the wooden house
- processing instruction window opening
- phased implementation of mountingwindows
- The installation of plastic windows in the wooden house
which windows are suitable for wooden walls
walls of the houses from the array tend to be in a movement.To this effect the year, seasonal changes, humidity and the environment - frame swells or rassyhaetsya, sitting down.Some of the usual standards for the installation of windows and doors are suitable for log home, so there need another recess for the frame structure known as obsada.It allows to minimize movement of the wooden walls of houses, bath houses and other residential buildings of logs.
However, not all that difficult, as there is a major shrinkage of the first 3 years - under its own weight space between the timber is sealed and there is a natural drying of wood.Sometimes during this time frame sags by 10-15 cm, respectively, decreases of windows and doorways.It is logical that the new structure of natural wood are more suitable glass windows in the wooden house, and for older homes - plastic, then they will be less prone to excessive pressure and deformation.
When building a house being more than a year, step by step, even unprepared "live" wood during this time will sit, and the installation of windows in the wooden house made of wood will not be a problem.In an extreme case, you can set a time frame with the film, preventing the penetration of precipitation into the opening window.And in time you can put a wooden frame windows with double glazing to protect against adverse weather conditions.It could be the frame of specially prepared dry wood, and for the citizens of the usual plastic.
laminated under natural wood, modern plastic windows are organically fit into the design of a log house, increasing the thermal insulation of the house.Previous fitters from Finland indicates that a plastic window in the wooden house or double wooden frame without problems in okosyachku inserted, thus it is possible to combine different materials for window frames.
What is important to know about the technology installation
today from a bar made prestigious two-storey houses of different types.They are built in ecological style of the traditions of their ancestors and the projects of modern architects and designers.Increasingly they began to offer wooden houses and saunas for Finnish type, in stylized fashion of country houses at Russian Terem.No less interesting and large estates in the Scandinavian style - made of wood and glass.It does not matter, will pompous building or a small hut with his own hands made of wood - a technology installation of wooden windows in the wooden house about the same.
course, wet wood is not very suitable for the construction of the wall of the wooden house.Finns are used to export houses only dried and specially prepared timber and develop specific technology for homes that are quickly collected.According to the technology, window boxes are not put in the frame, at least six months after the assembly prepared designs, and "live" timber - more later.But in this case, to consider some shrinkage - do not leave the building without windows.
holding time required for the shrinkage and the final formation of the log wooden walls and in about a year will gain frame close to the maximum shrinkage parameters.However, it is impossible to pinpoint specifications shrinkage (in percentage or in millimeters), as it depends on the kind of wood and the moisture content.
Today worked out several options for installing windows in a frame:
1. The most reliable method - mounting box casing (obsady), which is inserted into the window.Obsada - rectangular one-piece design of an array of up to 40 mm thick, which forms the bottom bracket sill and trim are attached to the ends.For a long time they were made of solid wood, giving the desired shape, which are formed grooves for a window box.Today obsada done much smarter and look more aesthetically pleasing, and its production goes adhesive timber.Ready-made design obsady quite expensive, so often use more technology available mounting window frame that is mounted to the cranial bars.
2. There is another option - the window frame is attached directly to the beam by special fastening straps.Simple methods are used most often in the baths and saunas log cabins, and houses - more sophisticated and reliable.Using a builder's level, the window frame is exposed in compliance with distances and zapenivaetsya sealant.However, the method of installation with sealing walls in new homes is not applicable.The foam is recommended for use for the purpose of sealing the bottom of the frame and sill - this plane is less susceptible to deformation when shrinkage of wooden windows in the wooden house.
3. Often used special (cranial) strips inserted into grooves that are moving freely in the ends of the window opening.It resists jamming shrinkage without the formation of cracks.Cranial slats can slide in the grooves, by the structure, so the window will not feel the pressure of the shrinkage.Unlike the method - in mounting obsady to cranial bar rather than directly into the opening.
Tip: Keep in mind that after the primary seal shrinkage log wooden walls continue for some time.With significant precipitation and in a climate with high levels of humidity the basis of log will continue to absorb water, increasing the volume in the blockhouse.In the hot and dry summer tree gives moisture, giving a significant shrinkage.That is natural variation in the amount of log, e.g., pine will be apparent to 5 cm, but this figure varies depending on the time log.Installation of windows on special technology reduces the possibility of skew offset base and seizing leaflets and reducing heat loss.
General conditions of use obsady
1. Obsada log allows you to prepare the installation of windows in the formed carton that minimizes pressure log window frame through the natural process of drying wood.
2. Properly made obsada log prevents distortions in the form of shrinkage effects.
3. Above the frame should be a small gap of about 50 mm, and insulated with lateral clearance.
4. Simplified obsada may be made of planks at a thickness of about 20 mm, which will be secured form the slopes, and the lower board forms the windowsill.
5. Obsadu fastened with screws to the skull board, insulated by a gap frames.
6. Obsada from the outside looks quite compact and neat, and you can put in another frame.
7. Proper use of technology allows installation obsady oppose unsealing window.
8. Mounting the external casings allows the use of synthetic sealants, including rubber, to prevent the penetration of moisture into the window space.
9. In the event of difficulties and problems - how to insert a window frame, it is recommended to address to experts.
main problems during the installation of doors and windows in the wooden house
1. In the experience of the installation of houses made of natural wood, even the structure of the specially prepared and well dried material in the 1st year will shrink to 5 cm. With stable rainy weatherhome again swell."Live" or unseasoned wood with a large percentage of moisture in a year gives a much greater amplitude.
2. Installation of windows or doors in the wooden frame - a technologically simple process, and experts there is no problem.However, the complexity and problems with unprofessional approach arise much later, when windows in the bath or in the house begin to warp due to the pressure in natural wood desiccation.That is much worse when problems loom during operation of the building.
3. Increased humidity can lead to the fact that the window sash or window leaves do not open because of the swelling of wood at increased pressure shrinkable logs.Sometimes quite a bit podstrugat adjacent plane wings, and worse, if the window can not be open for the entire period of operation.It is important for this small gap in obsade or correct sliding design - in order to avoid such trouble.
Tip: It is important to use dry and high-quality timber, preferably from softwood.Before the window openings cut out, it is important to strengthen the sides of the board, so as not to have parted.
processing instruction window opening
to perform the work required chain saw, nails, bolts, beams, edged board, square, plumb bob and foam.
1. On the wall of the log are marked outline of the window (door) opening, using 4 strips.At the same time it is important to note the lower part of the window - about 80 cm from the floor.
2. Boards are chosen slightly greater than the height of the opening to secure the pins with washers.
3. Make the corners of the scheduled opening holes in the uncut crowns, and similarly in the fixing boards.
4. Noting the level of vertical and parked it on the board, which connects to the beams using pins and detaching the board.
5. Metal washers placed under the nuts to prevent insertion nuts boards, fasten the two sides mark.
6. Then you can go directly to the cutting process of opening the chain saw from the top of the log.You can also use another tool.
7. proceeds to sawn timber and seal the edges together with jumpers.
8. Form a window block of jumpers and stocks in pairs and forming the outside groove to the size of the spikes.
9. Window unit begin forming a mounting stocks, nailing a jumper connect with grip logs.
10. To check the right angles, use the square, which can be formed to the final fixing of the block.
Tip: To dispel any doubts, it is desirable to view a video about installing okosyachki, and only then proceed to installation.
phased implementation of the installation of windows
Today, there are several ways of mounting frame windows, but we will look at the very simple example.
First you need to visualize in the slice looks like a window in the wooden house - scheme of installation of the window frame is shown in the figure below.
This casing box with slots, the gap shrunk to under seal, the outer and inner casing, a spike with a seal, window tint, the lower mezhventsovogo seal.
Okosyachka done after the formation of the opening:
- prepare timber 150h40 at the top of the window opening, it should be the width of the opening, at both ends of Saw 2 rectangular cutout preformed crest;
- board set over the bar carriage, fixing screws;
- opening 3-5 cm more height do inserted windows, filling or foaming bottom seal;
- gap between the salary of logs and boards in the window opening should be about 5 cm (under shrinkage), which is filled with insulation;
- when the window is inserted and secured on okosyachku casing attached to the aesthetic appearance of the construction had;
- be sure to check before installing the casings and final assembly of the two vertical lines on the window frame plumb and horizontal - on the level, as it will be impossible to continue to fix;
- must be impregnated with an antiseptic all wood surfaces to counteract the destruction of timber.
The installation of plastic windows in the wooden house
phased process of installing PVC windows looks about the same as in the example of the natural wood:
- form the window opening;
- set okosyachku;
- complete the installation of plastic windows okosyachku technology.
optimum distance of the sill from the floor - 80-90 cm, and in the interior design if you plan to use the windowsill as table tops, such as in the kitchen or in the room of a teenager, his design and installation of better to think in advance.
Tip: Remember that the wooden frames, too peculiar partial shrinkage, and the windows are made of PVC rigid and stable basis - they can not be put in a fresh carcass and okosyachku use mandatory.It will provide an opportunity to maintain sufficient autonomy from the log glass, so installation of the foam without kosyachki in this case is unacceptable!
okosyachki two varieties:
1. Simple design - at the end of the opening is formed by a groove 50x50 mm bar (not suitable for the installation of PVC windows).
2. More reliable option, when in end logs on the window openings formed comb, which give further base frame with a groove, otherwise known as "gun carriage", and then shrinkage is achieved by directing movement without deformation.This design of timber 100x150 mm, which is larger than the window 5-6 cm, the center of which is selected in the groove 50x50 mm carriage attached to the ridge.
Next okosyachku collect from 150h40 board, as described above, respectively, saw out the slots in it, which put on a crest - it is the upper part of the opening, which put the PVC window.Trims necessarily overlaid tow (rolls) and secure the carriages, and the upper limit okosyachki fasten screws to the gun carriage.
Once verified angles, vertical and horizontal lines in the doorway, framed okosyachka, proceeds to the installation of plastic windows.Watch out for fastening and tightness, so as not to disturb the thermal insulation of windows in the wooden house.All stages make for instructions supplied with PVC windows.When buying a plastic window note the mount that is mounted on the end.Rama put on the level and mounted fixtures to okosyachke, do not forget about a place for foam under the sill.It is necessary to hang the sash and put cashing.
Tip: Notice how the box is screwed to the board - in any case, not to the ridge, otherwise defeats the purpose of fixing the movable window to counteract the shrinkage.