In order to save funds for the replacement and purchase of the new window, it becomes more and more popular Swedish technology warming.There is a statement that after this procedure, the old wooden windows can operate for several years.The cost of materials is available to almost everyone.The fact that so try to understand it further.
- Features of Swedish insulation windows
- Winterizing windows of Swedish technology: features and benefits
- Swedish Technology insulation wooden windows: general recommendations
- technology insulation of windows with their hands, the characteristic seal
- Variety windows allowed for warmingby Swedish technology
- How quickly warm window for Swede technology
insulation windows insulation windows Swedish technology got its name from the materials used in the process of its implementation.Rubber gaskets are fabricated in Sweden, they are of high quality and durability.At the reque
process performance insulation on Swedish technology is quite complex, for quality work, need to have skills to work with a specific tool.As such, in order to seal a well fixed on the surface of the window it needs to build a slotted portion, and for this it is necessary to work with the cutter.
If we turn to the services of professionals, it will have to pay a lot of money for this process.Warming of the standard windows cost about $ 20.This list of work includes:
- removal of the valves;
- training slots for the installation of the seal;
- seal installation;
- fitting the valves;
- sealing glass portions.
If necessary, the replacement of old hardware or repair window boxes need to further invest.
Tip: To save money when hiring a professional, with insulation box with two frames, insulation is recommended only one of them - the interior.
But hiring professionals for the repair and insulation of windows on the Swedish technology is extremely disadvantageous because the amount of repairs will be equal to the cost of conventional plastic windows.You do not need to spend time and energy restoration.If you wish to save, all work should be done by hand, and if it is good to study all the recommendations, it is quite possible to do this.Before
host windows is a difficult choice between buying new windows or insulation of old.The first option will enable the selection of the new window, more modern and improved, and in the second version, it will get old, but well renovated window.The choice is of course for the master.
If all the details of the whole window and not damaged by rot or fungus, it is preferable to choose a Swedish technology insulation, which differs only positive feedback.If a window is damaged wood, it is better to give preference to purchasing a new glass.
Winterizing windows on the Swedish technology: features and benefits
This technology was developed by the Swedes in order to save energy for heating in winter.After its development, it is really justified, and has become quite popular throughout the world.
If you compare this technology with ordinary gluing windows, its advantages are obvious.Since it allows you to freely conduct room ventilation even in winter.
to carry out the procedure of warming will need to have:
- rubber seal;
- silicone sealant.
to start filming the dismantling of the window and made his wings.Next, using a pencil and a ruler, you raschertit place where will be located a niche for the seal.It is installed around the perimeter frame.
To cut a niche will be an excellent assistant router.Thereafter, it is inserted into the seal.But the work does not end, it is necessary to check the flatness of the window corresponds to all corners, pull the loop and replace, if necessary accessories.To seal the joints between the glass and the window frame using silicone sealant.If he gets on the glass surface, do not remove it immediately and allow to fully dry and use a razor blade to remove the solidified mixture.
Note that Swedish seals are available in different sizes.Selection of material is carried out in accordance with the size of the gap which must be sealed.Dimensions of the seal are between five and twelve millimeters.
After installing window box comes complete sealing of all joints.Besides possible staining of the window.
Benefits insulation of windows on the Swedish technology:
- significant reduction of heat loss, which is a positive impact on heating costs;
- environmentally friendly and harmless materials used does not cause allergic reactions;
- the speed of a process that lasts about 180 minutes;
- no need for constant frame sticking up in the winter season;
- no dust and dirt during operation;
- after the restoration of the window will last several years;
- eliminates condensate mass between the two panes of a wooden box;
- no drafts improve indoor comfort and help avoid disease;
- insulation of windows on the Swedish technology allows you to increase the room temperature by 3-5 degrees;
- improved sound insulation properties of windows - no street noise and the sound of cars;
- general appearance of the window remains the same, warmer practically invisible.
Swedish Technology insulation wooden windows: general recommendations
1. Before the beginning of work, wash your windows.
2. Check all the parts of the window to correct their work.Inspect the locking mechanism and valves.
3. Remove the leaf from its hinges, so as not to dilute the dirt in an apartment or in a house better than they make out.
4. Make adjustment flaps, remove excess paint from them.
5. Proceed with cutting out a groove for the seal.
6. Install the seal, follow the density of its fit to the window.
7. A number of insulation works on the inside and outside of the window sashes.
8. Set the sash in place.
9. Proceed to replace the hardware.
10. Check the system for drafts.To do this, bring to a window of a sheet of paper or a lit match.
technology insulation of windows with their hands, the characteristic seal
as sealing windows with insulation on the Swedish technology uses a material having a tubular shape, called EuroStrip.It is based on silicone rubber, made in Sweden.It is this material is characterized by the following advantages:
- resistant to temperature changes;
- resistance to the influence of chemical and paints and varnishes;
- duration of operation for more than 15 years.
offer acquainted with the main varieties of insulation EuroStrip, used in the process:
1. Seal silicone based - has a soft and elastic texture, has good shrinkage.Resistant to the impact on alkyd paints or acrylic.Used to seal the largest gaps.
2. Sealant rubber base - hard and rough to the touch.Good seals only identical to the width of the slit.Not resistant to paints, characterized by a low cost, compared with a silicone sealant.
3. The seal as termoelatoplasta - unstable to temperature changes, but the cheapest.
to work on weatherization of windows independent of the presence of Swedish technology will need:
- large construction stapler;
- sealant based on silicone;
- roller with a handle, which will help set the seal;
- vacuum cleaner;
- stationery knife.
Clean the valves from mold, paint residues and old gasket.Replace the hardware.If necessary, replace the glass.Remove the flap from its hinges.At work in the winter, take care of installing the shield to prevent heat loss from the room.
With mill cut a groove depth of less than half a centimeter and a width of up to three millimeters.When approach the areas on which the loops leave between them and the slot gap length and a half centimeters.
Install seal with a special roller, pumping it with this tool.When rolling is recommended to return the movement to prevent strong stringing material and its deterioration.
Set sash in place and make her painting if necessary.With the hot-melt adhesive seal the cracks in the wooden parts of the window.
Variety windows allowed for warming by Swedish technology
1. Windows pre-revolutionary period characterized by pomp, large size, the presence of a beautiful carving and high cost.The presence of such windows in his house ennobles, but almost all types of data windows in need of repair.In most cases, such windows have upper portions made as an arch or stationary fragmuta.Their insulation involves setting the seal on the perimeter fragmuta, if glasses on putty, they are removed and installed using silicone sealant.When a hardware malfunction beautiful forged parts, it is necessary to replace the ordinary metal locks.Of course, the full restoration of the windows, the variant manufacturing fitting elements of the order, but this procedure will cost dearly.The flaps on the wings of no seam, so the seal is made directly on the perimeter of the box.If necessary, seal the joints between the wall and the window, use the mounting foam.
2. Winterizing windows Stalinist period requires caution and care.This type of windows is particularly robust and high quality.During their manufacture the best quality timber was used.As the locking mechanism of the window used bolt, wherein the reliability of locking.They are replaced by alternatives in the form of locks.To fix the stack used putty made of natural linseed oil and metal powders.It is recommended to replace these more modern glass.Installation of the seal occurs along the perimeter of the box.
3. Restoration of the windows sparok Khrushchev era involves a collapsible design consisting of several parts, similar to the modern double-glazed windows.The seal is installed around the perimeter of the leaflets, which are alternately removed from the window.
How quickly insulate windows on the Swede technology
There is another costly option mene insulation windows, which involves sticking a silicone sealant to the surface of the leaf.
Before you become familiar with this technique, we propose to consider the advantages of silicone seals to their peers:
- resistant to mechanical stress;
- low abrasion;
- good insulating qualities;
- resistance to ultraviolet radiation;
- softness and elasticity;
- duration of operation;
- on its surface is formed mold and fungus;
- can be used at temperatures from -70 to +150.
If skills are no cutter or some reason to make a niche for it is impossible to seal, there is an easier way to insulation of windows.There are two variations of it:
- setting the seal using a stapler;
- fixing the seal on the surface of the door frame with a special adhesive;
- use self-adhesive sealant.
All these methods are less costly than the previous ones and help to achieve the effect of warming is only for a certain time, from one to two heating seasons.
So, before you select the method of insulation of windows on the Swedish technology should weigh all options and think about whether to do it or cheaper and more practical to buy a new window.