Liquid wallpaper quickly rushed to the market of finishing materials and also quickly won the hearts of millions of housewives around the world.They are amazingly beautiful, practical and environmentally friendly.They are easy to glue, of course, if that word can be applied to a method of applying liquid wallpaper on the walls, just look for them.In general, this material deserves a huge amount of praises in his address.However, many are afraid to mess with liquid wallpaper.And why?Because few know about them and have the more do not know how to glue liquid wallpaper.But everything is much easier than it might seem.
- liquid wallpaper What is?
- advantages of liquid wallpaper
- liquid wallpaper How to paste liquid wallpaper?
- Preparing walls
- Application of liquid wallpaper on the walls
liquid wallpaper What is?
Before you learn how to properly glue liquid wallpaper is worth a closer look at their co
Liquid wallpaper - is a plastic material of the structure is very similar to the flakes or chips.It is sold in clear plastic bags weighing 1 kilogram.The composition of the coating material include natural cellulose or cotton fibers, acrylic components, the adhesive composition and colorants.In addition, the package can be found, and other "ingredients": glitter, mica, silk fibers, silica fume, gold and silver threads.
After drying, the composition turns into something resembling the texture of his hard foam: surface of the walls is the same rough, soft and warm.
There are several types of liquid wallpaper, with special differences they have, except that the thickness of the finished layer can conclude what type of material was used in the repair.Some are thin and smooth, with dense but not too textured surface, the other volume with clearly visible "vyscherblinami" - more like a fabric.
advantages of liquid wallpaper
- As a part of liquid wallpaper only natural ingredients that have a neutral electrical charge, they have excellent antistatic properties.What does it mean?This means that such wallpaper does not become a dust collector and will create a favorable atmosphere in the room.
- Liquid wallpaper universal.They can be used to furnish the living room, bedroom, children's room, kitchen, hallway and even the bathroom.
- Such finishing material perfectly hides minor defects of the walls, cracks, crevices in places adjoining skirting boards, architraves, frames, switches and sockets.Moreover, they do not have seams and therefore, the surface of the walls is always and under any weather looks perfectly flat.
- Liquid wallpaper, you can decorate the walls of the new apartments and are not afraid of shrinkage.They are not deformed, which allows not to wait 3-4 years until the house "foundations", and immediately proceed to the full repair.
- Liquid wallpaper can be glued on almost all surfaces: concrete, drywall, wood, putty, plaster, chipboard, plywood, MDF, paint and even metal.
- These wallpapers are easily facelift: they do not need to tear off entirely from the wall enough to soak the damaged or contaminated area with water and remove the mixture with a spatula.In place of the old coating applied a new, smooth wall and again will delight you with beauty and perfection.
- Liquid wallpaper breathe, they provide heat and sound insulation properties of your walls, in general, this material is ideal from all points of view.
Disadvantages of liquid wallpaper
Unfortunately, this wonderful cover has flaws, however, only two of them, and they can be classified as non-essential.
Liquid wallpaper quickly washed away by water, so if you decide to decorate their bathroom or want to periodically wipe them with a damp cloth (for cleanliness), then you have to protect the surface of the wall with a colorless varnish.Beauty finishes thus maintained, but the effect of "breathing" of the walls will disappear forever.
The second disadvantage - the high price, but if you talk globally, beauty is much more expensive than 200 rubles per kilogram, so you can safely delete the cost of liquid wallpaper from the list of vices.
How to glue the liquid wallpaper?
naturally need to start with the preparation of the walls.To do this, remove the remnants of old wallpaper and paint, and the presence on the surface of the walls of metal items (hats, nails, bolts, etc.) of white enamel paint or vodoemulsionkoy.
If the walls have an intense color, it is best to get rid of him, too, with special coatings, enamels, oil paint or latex paint white.In older homes, such stalinok or Khrushchev, the walls do not differ a great smoothness and do not understand what they are made, so they should be impregnated with a solution or a conventional FG impregnation.The surface of the walls is necessary to paint with latex paint in two layers - it will protect against the appearance of yellow spots - the crafty old satellites apartments.
Plasterboard have putty completely, not just the joints.What?Just after drying liquid wallpaper white stripes fillings become noticeable.In addition, it will need to further cover the walls vodoemulsionkoy as shptalevki not waterproof and can be melted during the application of liquid wallpaper.If you use stucco, the paint can be added to the PVA glue in a ratio of 3: 1 - it will strengthen the surface of the wall and will not give it to absorb moisture.
Wood surfaces can also absorb moisture, so before applying liquid wallpaper on them, make sure they are not too thin (thinner than a sheet, the more it is deformed).To protect these surfaces is used either oil-based paint, or FG 2-3 layers, followed by painting vodoemulsionkoy.
Pour into a suitable container with warm water and gradually (in small portions), add the dry composition in the vessel, while stirring the solution with a drill-mixer.As a result, you should have a mixture of its consistency similar to a thick-thick cream.All major nepromeshannye better to remove particles - when applied to the wall, these lumps will create you problems.
After mixing, the solution should be 15-20 minutes to leave alone, and then again in the same building promeshat mixer.To achieve a uniform shade, prepare a mixture of several packages and knead required amount of material in advance as all the prepared surface will need to cover in one go.Not two days, and in one!
Application of liquid wallpaper on the walls
If you do not know how to glue the liquid wallpaper, video story about this process will help you to understand all its subtleties.And after watching carefully read our instructions.
So, for you will need:
- large capacity for cultivation of dry mixture
- trowel or roller for leveling wallpaper
- spray - if there is such a possibility
- roller-knurled textured relief - if you are willing to give the surfacesome texture
- colorless nail topcoat
Take a little of the mixture and spread it over the surface of the wall with a spatula or a roller.Wallpaper should fit the base cover, no bald spots, bulges and cavities should not be.When finished with the first portion and the first portion of the mixture, go to the second, but watch out for, so that is already rolled out between neighboring sections had no particular boundaries - they should flow smoothly into each other.
If you do not like something (lump formed, unevenness, bald spots), it can be a little wet wallpaper and remove the defective portion, and then fill it with the mixture and smooth.Just do not get involved in much adjustments - wet already deposited on the walls of wallpaper can be no more than 3 times.
If you have a special gun hopper for applying liquid wallpaper, the rate of application of the composition will increase several times, however, such a device is quite expensive.It can be rented, if the time repairs have limited.Price hire approximately 300-400 rubles, but the gun will have to take even a compressor that will create pressure inside the device.In this case, the rental fees will increase to 600-700 rubles per day.
In general, application of liquid wallpaper on the walls - the process is not difficult, but requires care and attention.This coating dries from 12 hours to 3 days depending on the humidity and temperature conditions.Cover the wallpaper with varnish only need their complete drying, or the coating can be deformed.
Liquid wallpaper - the universal finishing material, with which you can create interesting interior solutions.They are well combined with each other, allowing to translate into reality the most daring fantasies: stripes and flowers, geometric shapes and patterns.Create and show their creative abilities with them is not a problem.
And if you're still afraid to use a new type of modern finishing materials, the vain, because to create a cosiness in the apartment with the help of liquid wallpaper is easy and simple.