harmonious combination of impeccable functionality and discreet design, the variety of color palettes and concise, reliable and cost-effective new view of the world - those few features that characterize modern dimmers.
- What is the dimmer
- Types dimmers
- Connect dimmer
- ways to use dimmers
- few important points and pitfalls of using dimmers
- a video on youtube
What is neededDimmer
Dimmer (dimmer) is a special device that is mounted in place of the switch and is used to control lighting devices and controlling the flow of light supply from the soft and muffled up to the maximum bright.
first device was developed in the 90s of the 19th century Granville Woods and was used for the slow dimming of artificial light in the theater.Modern dimmers, besides the traditional functions of the light source control and change its intensity, endowed with many additional useful features:
- automatic shut-off timer,
- voice or acoustic control,
- presence simulation,
- remote control,
- connection to the systemsmart House.
Thus, among the reasons for which the dimmer is installed in a room, there are several key:
- First, connect the dimmer allows you to create in a room atmosphere of coziness and comfort.For example, if you have planned a celebratory event with a variety of guests, then using a dimmer you can illuminate the room as much as possible, but if you suddenly want to stay in a calm atmosphere, disposing to rest quietly, the device will adjust the light, making it more pleasant and soft.
- Secondly, exclusive products of famous brands - dimmer Legrand (Legrand) or makel (Makel) - Transforming the interior of the house and create a unique style, choosing the right brightness of the light flux for different areas of the interior space.Thanks to the perfect harmony of color and form, function and practicality, they fit perfectly into any arhitekturupomescheniya regardless of fashion and time.
- Third, dimmers, light creating a pleasant atmosphere in the room, are considered to be energy-efficient design.Studies show that dimmers allow you to save electricity by 60%, and devices for incandescent and halogen lamps, due to the reduced voltage and favorable temperature conditions, extend the service life of the light sources used more than 20 times.
Undoubtedly, these characteristics dimmers so attractive that home craftsmen create their own and successfully combined with the style of the premises.
Depending on the capacity and type of the light source, to distinguish between three main types of modern dimmers:
- dimmer for incandescent and halogen lamps with the level of stress in 220 .In this case, it is the magnitude of the applied voltage determines the intensity of the glow filament lamp.
- Dimmer, designed for low-voltage halogen lamps powered through a transformer, which is responsible for converting the output voltage of the dimmer to the desired value.If the lamp rated at 12-24, the electronic transformer is needed, providing soft handling current source.
- LED Dimmer (dimmer led) and a dimmer for fluorescent lamps. reliable and uninterrupted operation of the devices will provide a part of the reactor design.Dimmer for LED task - to give the desired results quickly and smoothly adjust the force feeding of luminous fluxes.
So, first of all, when buying a dimmer, you should bear in mind, for which lamps it is intended and what is the total load, which he can bear.Experts recommend buy a dimmer, which has in any case a large reserve capacity.
Depending on the control method in a separate category emit sensor, rotary and push dimmers .The main difference sensor device (dimmer viko) is the ability to control the flow of light using a subtle touch of a button to a specific area.Such a perfect device can be equipped with an infrared receiver for the remote control.
It should be noted that certain models can simultaneously manage multiple independent light sources.Touch dimmers equipped with two keys, is used to control various types of lamps.In this light intensity regulation is carried out by means of two independent keys.
Rotary dimmer suggests a slight rotation of the rotary member, push dimmer - Multiple keystroke.
Connect dimmer dimmer
scheme, as well as its connection incredibly easy.As well as the standard switches, they are installed in the wiring box.The only important for the proper and safe connection is the need to connect the terminals to the phase and to the load.
Before the lamp lights, the triac should be let through current.And this will happen only if, between the electrodes G and A1 will be a certain tension.In the event of a positive wave of the capacitor is charged via the potentiometer R, the value of which determines the rate of charge.Upon reaching the set value voltage on the capacitor, sufficient to open dynistor and triac last opened.In other words, the resistance becomes relatively low, and the light will be lit until the end of the half-wave.
The same applies to the negative half-cycle.Since the triac and Deacon are symmetrical devices, there is no difference where the current flows.It turns out that in a resistive load stress like the successive "stumps" positive and negative half-waves with a frequency of 100 Hz.
Wiring dimmer does not require the use of special components and involves the application of any Triac, regardless of the power load.This voltage should not be less than 400 because the instantaneous mains voltage can be 350 V. The value of the resistors and capacitors is decisive for the start and end points of ignition, and the degree of reliability of the light source.
ways to use dimmers
Experts identify two ways of using a dimmer: single and group .
Single dimmer can be used as a single lamp, and a number of light sources combined into a common group.For example, using the remote control, you can change the brightness of several lamps.In this control dimmers centers are combined into one circuit, including from 2 to 6 zones.If you understand the intricacies and specifics of the process of connecting the dimmer, and you know how to adjust the light intensity from a single console, you can perform a self-light zoning of your property.
If you need to light just turned on and off, you can use dimmer switch .At the same functionality and convenience, as well as the smooth adjustment of light intensity to be achieved by passage of the dimmer.
addition, dimmers are used in practice for the creation of spectacular illumination on the background of the main light.Using a similar technique allows you to emphasize certain elements in the interior decor.For example, the dimmer will emphasize the outlines of your favorite pictures on the wall or zone with a luxurious outdoor vase, visually transforming the space.Impeccable functionality and thoughtful design, harmonious shapes and a palette of soft colors allow perfect fit dimmer in the modern concept of architecture.
few important points and pitfalls of using dimmers
1. Do not load dimmers with energy-saving lamps, otherwise you run the risk of incurring unnecessary costs.So, make the connection, you reduce maintenance period lamps up to 100 - 150 hours, and dimmer because of the constant overload will not work much longer.
Of course, every rule has exceptions.In this case, they include the lamp Polish producer Godiva: they run at 15% brightness, but their value fluctuates around 20 - 25 euros.And the cut-off phase devices used for such light sources, of course, available: dimmer Legrand, Jung, Gira and others, with the price they are also quite high.
2. Work connected with dimmers minimum load - up to 40 watts.Reducing the load caused by, for example, the failure of a light bulb may be accompanied by a twinkle load at up to 50 Hz.A more significant reduction in load leads to the activation of the protection device, and in critical situations - damage to the dimmer.
3. Dimmers quite critical of the temperature in the room.If the temperature exceeds 25 ° C, it is necessary to pay special attention to the device, as the dimmer when overheating can easily be damaged.You should not exceed the maximum load a particular device, in this case, experts advise to add amplifiers.
4. And another important point: use a dimmer exclusively with the type of load for which it is designed, and do not connect both capacitive and inductive load nature, it threatens to damage to the device!
a video youtube
roller podrobro tell that is a dimmer and what it meant.