The fact that a humidifier is and what it is can be easily guessed from its name.Humidifier - a device that when excessive dryness of the air one way or another makes the air more humid and further support the required level of humidity.
Our article tells about why it is necessary to humidify the air and the problems that it will help to avoid;that you need to know to understand how best to choose a moisturizer;on types of humidifiers, their advantages and disadvantages;of companies producing these devices, as well as humidifier, air purifier and especially his choice.
- problems that can be caused by excessive dryness of the air
- Traditional moisturizers
- Pros and cons of traditional humidifiers
- Ultrasonic humidifiers
- Pros and cons of ultrasonic humidifiers
- Steam humidifiers
- Pros and cons of steam humidifiers
- humidifiers, air purifiers
problems that can be caused by excessive dryness of the air
comfortable for the human body is considered to be the level of humidity of 40 to 60 percent.If these figures are lower, it is fraught with the emergence of a few, sometimes very unpleasant problems.What kind of problems?
1. The most unfavorable dry air to the mucous membranes of nose, throat and respiratory tract as a whole, which, when drying of becoming more susceptible to viral respiratory diseases, and may also receive constant discomfort in the throat of a sore and increase susceptibility to allergens.
2. Dry air is unfavorable for skin that is dry, there is a feeling of tightness, flaking;may increase the resistance of such dry skin to allergens and irritation.
3. Very sensitive to low humidity our lips that dry can crack.None of lip balm does not help, but a man and do not know that it's not the lips themselves, and in low humidity environment.
4. Holders of sensitive eyes and people who use contact lenses, low humidity quickly will feel discomfort in the eyes, irritation, due to drying of the mucous membranes of the eyes.
Needless to say that even more may be exposed to all of these problems with the air-dried children, especially very young children?
us focus your attention to the fact that if the room is not used moisturizer, then lowered humidity in this room in the winter heating season is almost always, and summer in areas where active use of air conditioning.
That said, a natural question arises: what is a good buy a humidifier for use in the apartment?
To determine which is best to choose a humidifier, for starters, let's see what are the humidifiers.Depending on the operating principle, there are three main types of humidifiers: Traditional humidifiers, ultrasonic and steam.
principle of operation of this type of device is a moisturizing premises due to the natural evaporation of water.You can even find the name of data humidifiers as cold steam humidifiers, and compared them with a basin of water, from which water evaporates slowly.But a bowl of water at the same time, of course, no substitute for the work of the humidifier.
Water from the humidifier vaporizes this type using a built-in fan blowing it available filters designed to increase the evaporation area.
In traditional humidifier operation is absolutely simple, you will be asked only to fill water into the device and plug the power plug into the socket.
Pros and cons of a traditional humidifier
- big plus is that the air is the use of this device is virtually impossible waterlogged, because by increasing the level of humidity of air, water evaporates more slowly.
- not noisy.
- consumes little power (15 watts and above).
- There is a need to change the filters, which become clogged over time due to hard water sediment (by the way, where possible, it is recommended to fill the instrument with distilled water - just to extend the life of the filter).
- usually have greater dimensions, than other types of humidifiers.
Which is the best humidifier?On this question the people who had the opportunity to evaluate the use of different types of humidifiers, mostly answer: ultrasound.And are not unfounded, because at today - is, indeed, the most effective type of humidifier.
It works like this: the water enters the built-in membrane that due to high-frequency oscillations disperses water and turns it into a spray.Then, the dust is distributed throughout the room, and thus eliminates the dryness of the air.Because of this air is humidified quickly and efficiently.
Pros and cons of ultrasonic humidifier
- way to quickly and efficiently humidify the room, and then maintain moisture levels at the appropriate level.
- small in size.
- Works quietly.
Almost the only, but a fairly significant drawback is that when using such a damper on the surface of the furniture can form a white film, especially noticeable on dark furniture.This is due to water hardness, which contain various salts and, as formed by using a humidifier, a water dust settles on furniture when it is dry and the white coating.
Plaque easily wiped with a damp cloth or sponge.
order to virtually nullify the formation of such a raid, you can use special filters, water softening.But they need to be changed from time to time, but they are not cheap, which is also a disadvantage.
The principle of operation of the humidifier is simple - water device heated to a boil, forming a vapor, which, spreading throughout the room, it moisturizes.Typically, these humidifiers are equipped with humidistat - air moisture sensor, whereby the device when it reaches the desired moisture level of the air is turned off, otherwise there would be an opportunity to significantly waterlogged room.
Incidentally, it is this ability to create steam humidifier high humidity is effectively used in a variety of greenhouses for the benefit of some plants that are just in need of a moisture.
Do not worry about what will happen if the water boils away completely from the device if you forget to turn it off, or pour water.After a full boiling water device simply turns off automatically (like an electric kettle, in which too little water).
Pros and cons of steam humidifiers
- quickly moistens the air.
- often comes with a special nozzle for inhalation, ie in this case is both inhaler.
- ability to create high humidity if needed.
- small size.
- potential danger for children: the child can get burned.
- The device emits when working pretty loud gurgling sounds, that is noisy.
- not economical (relatively high level of energy consumption).
Thus, knowing the principle of the different types of humidifiers, as well as their pros and cons, will be much easier to identify with what to choose a humidifier.
If we talk about what company to choose a humidifier, the first thing you need to understand that there are moisturizers for different price categories.There are expensive devices, but there is a lower price category. Boneco, Air-O-Swiss , Venta - known manufacturers of humidifiers, the price of which can reach 400 USDAnd, for example, AEG, AirComfort, Cuckoo Liiot humidifiers produce more cheaply.There are very inexpensive (about $ 50) - Orion , Vitek , example.
If we talk about design humidifiers certain firms, some of them (Boneco, Venta, Air-O-Swiss) - tend to be discreet, ergonomic design, the other closer to the mean haytekovskogo style, or, on the contrary, it is very easy tolook.
There moisturizers for children's rooms in a variety of small animals: cat, turtle, dolphin, elephant, etc.
So definitely say which company is best humidifier difficult, here everyone chooses, based on their capabilities and needs.Naturally, in the higher price range humectants quality is generally higher.
Humidifier Air Purifier
Another device is a function of moisture the humidifier air purifier.Again as is evident from its name, its function is not only moisturizing, but primarily even - air purification.It is designed to clean the air of dust, various allergens, bacteria, microparticles animal hair, odors and smoke (tobacco, in particular).The air is cleaned by passing through different filters.
Moreover, such devices 2in1 and humidify the air more efficiently than a conventional humidifier, since due to its greater size can have powerful fans to better distribute humidify the air around the room.
To understand what a humidifier air purifier to choose, you need to know that the most important characteristic of this device is its performance, that is, what is the maximum amount of air it can clean up within an hour.Therefore, in order to decide which cleaner air humidifier is better to buy, you must correlate its performance to the volume of the room in which it is supposed to use it;the larger the volume, the respectively must be above the bandwidth of the device for air treatment.
For optimum selection of a cleaner-humidifier is set as the amount of the water tank, which is designed for further room humidification device.The tank is more, the less will have to refill it with water.For a relatively small room enough tank volume of about 5 liters for a large room - better and larger reservoir.