Earlier tilers were made solutions for ceramic tile yourself.The composition of the kneaded immediately before the start of work on the lining, carefully measuring out the ingredients "to the eye."The quality of this material depended on the skills of the master: was able to withstand the dosage - tiles will last several decades, pour cement or sand - will have to redo the work very soon.But today, tilers have an excellent alternative to this - mixes for ceramic tiles.
- concept of dry mixes
- features dry mixes for ceramic
- Advantages of dry mixes for tile
- Laying ceramic tiles on the dry mixture
- Preparation of the dry mixture
- Preparation of the base for laying tiles
- laying tilewith a dry mixture
concept of dry mixes
first dry mix in our country there were only ten years ago.The basic range at the time was presented the products of Western companies, over time, it joined and domestic brands.Today you can find on the s
Mortars are a group of materials which are interconnected by only one common feature - they are in the original state in the form of mass or dry powder which consists of a plurality of components, and the properties inherent in it finds only by adding water to it and furthersolidification.
basis of all such substances is a mixture of gypsum and cement in various dosages, as can be seen in the photograph blends for ceramic tiles.As a special polymer additives, adhesives ability to regulate the composition, act retarders or accelerators of hardening, water-repellent additives and colorings.It is the builders are able to make a composition suitable for the performance of certain works.They reduce the strength of the porous substance to increase the adhesion and give frost.
Dry mixes vary according to the method of application, and there are such types:
- Leveling - used to align the ceilings, walls and floors;
- adhesive - designed for bonding cladding materials (insulation material, ceramic tiles);
- remediation - are needed to restore the damage on the surface of different constructions;
- Spackling - used for the purpose of sealing the defects that are placed on the rough surface of the wall, and to prepare them for the commission of finishing;
- Universal - used for a wide range of activities;
- Exterior - needed for outdoor decorative walls and facades of buildings.
features dry mixes for ceramic
All dry mixtures are intended for the installation of ceramic tiles on concrete, brick, cement, sand or cement-lime solid and undeformed surface inside and outside buildings, in both wet and dry conditions.The dry mixture is allowed to fix pottery on horizontal or vertical surfaces.They are suitable for large size tiles and mosaics for installation.
Such compositions can be used as an independent mortar or as an additive to an existing solution, in order to improve its characteristics.There mixtures which allow to mount the tile on the surface without removing the old ceramic, i.e. according to the procedure "tile on a tile" except for facing the glazed surface, and the deformable surface (underfloor heating).
Some mortars effective when the lining of tanks and pools, the grounds, which are subject to constant weathering (terraces, pedestals, operated by roof, balconies), floor surfaces with heavy.The sale represented a mixture that have a high resistance to mechanical stress, for example, for laying tiles on the stairs.
Currently, perhaps the most common way of laying ceramic tile installation performs with dry mixes, manufactured cement-based.Also, there is the following classification of dry mixes for ceramic tiles: for normal work, wet areas and difficult areas.In our market, these compounds are represented by such products:
- Standard mixtures for internal works with classic floor and wall tiles;
- universal membership for laying tiles in difficult conditions (higher temperature, humidity) - in showers, saunas and on the streets;
- shrinkproofing mixture for use in surface finishing of small mosaics and tiles;
- Special mixture for facing fireplaces and stoves.
Advantages of dry mixes for tile
Dry mixes for ceramics from different manufacturers differ in formulation, operational properties, used items, but they all share common universal characteristics.Let's consider them:
- Simplicity and ease of use.In the manufacture of such a composition achieves a high level of consistency of final weight and no lumps are formed, which often arise in the creation of the classical mixture of cement and sand.Moreover, the composition does not drip when laying!A high fixing ability of the adhesive mixture is allowed to do without spacers between the tiles to ensure that the seams of equal width.
- No need for special equipment.To prepare a solution of dry mix for ceramic tiles, there is no need for special equipment, you just take an electric drill and a special nozzle.Mixing the composition with these tools, you can easily get a solution for ceramics desired consistency.
- stability of the mixture.Any amount of adhesive keeps the full desired properties, it is possible thanks to the precise dosage and careful preparation of all of the components of the mixture.
- Excellent specifications.Prepare a solution inherent in a good performance acoustic and thermal insulation, as well as a high degree of plasticity, which allows it to apply to any surface, and sliding in vertical stacking.Also noteworthy is water-retentive properties of the mixture that is to protect the finished composition against the formation of cracks and premature drying.
- high adhesive properties.The adhesive that is mixed from ready dry blends having enhanced performance with ratchet treated with a base, whereby a ceramic tile holding up well on any surface, and less exposed to mechanical damage.
- significant shelf life.Dry mixes for ceramic tiles can be stored in dry form for a long time, and their operating characteristics will not vary.The dry mixture can be transported and kept at low temperature.
- economy.The use of dry mixes for ceramic tiles can achieve significant savings in time and funds invested in finishing facilities.Thanks to the ready-made solution to apply a thin layer of material is consumed optimally, so the price of ceramic tiles goes by the wayside.
Laying ceramic tiles on the dry mixture
Each mixture of ceramic tiles on the packaging contains instructions for use, which consists solely in the breeding composition of the water in the correct proportions.However, we still consider how to mix a solution of the dry mixture and place on a ceramic tile.
Preparation of the dry mixture
dry adhesive mixture should be mixed with clean, cold water (temperature 15 to 20 degrees above zero), according to the proportions that are specified in the technical data.The substance is gradually added to the water and prevent over 5 minutes.Stir until until a homogeneous mass without lumps.Stirring is carried out manually with a stirrer or slow-speed drill with a special attachment.Controlled to the rotational speed of the mixer was 400-600 rpm.
While stirring Avoid foaming.The resulting solution is let stand for 5 minutes to mix mortar ripe, evaluate it and bring mobility to the mass specified by the consistency.The mobility of the mortar that starts to harden, you can raise by an additional mixing, but is prohibited in the mortar mix add water.
Before using direct weight again mixed, according to the technology mixes for ceramic tiles.A feature of these compounds is considered to be fast drying, so manufacturers and recommend dry adhesive mixture is diluted at the rate of operation of 20 minutes - 2 hours, after which the plant will need to have a new batch of the composition.
During the preparation of the solution of the dry mix is necessary to use a clean container and observe safety rules.In connection with the increased dust formation it is recommended to protect the eyes and the respiratory tract.The mixture, which contains cement, water addition gives an alkaline environment.In case of eye solution should be quickly rinsed with clean water, a one percent solution of boric acid and be sure to consult your doctor for help.
Preparation of the base for laying tiles
Before laying the tiles must be removed the old plumbing, remove all unnecessary accommodation.Then grab a hammer and chisel, and you can begin to dismantle the old tiles - tap it.Do not forget to take precautions: Wear gloves that sharp edges do not cut your hands and wear sunglasses to eyes damaged tile pieces flying off.
When you discourage all the old tiles, remove any convenient tool dissolves the old adhesive.If the plaster is crumbling, when the spend on her finger, and sometimes swell - will again take up a chisel and a hammer and the surface cleaned up to the brickwork.Gypsum substrates and bases with high water absorption must be pre-primed.
Basis for laying ceramic tiles on the prepared solution of the final mixture should be dry, solid and free of glue, dust, dirt, oil spots, sagging and other substances that reduce adhesion to the substrate solution.All uneven and fragile areas of the base must be removed and then align the adhesive mixture the day before the start of work.
If the surface is strong, you can go to the measurements - measure its geometrical parameters with the help of a plumb.You also need to check the walls and on the vertical.In case of exceeding the norm deviation from vertical wall (more than a few millimeters), it is necessary to align with plaster, as in the case of a deviation perpendicular to the wall (check a square).
Then you should use the spirit level to check the walls for convexity and concavity.Also in this case between the walls can pull good old cord.If a length of 1 meter would be in a couple of millimeters deviations walls better align.
Laying tiles with a dry mixture
device works on a mixture of ceramic tiles must be performed when the substrate temperature is from 5 to 30 degrees above zero.The amount of mixing water must be chosen so that after you pressed tile, mix covering not less than 65% of the mounting surface.Temperature should be 20 ° C and humidity - 60%.Other conditions may change during okorkovaniya, setting and hardening of the prepared solution.
mortar mixture should be applied on the veneering surface with a spatula, trowel or spatula a thin layer and aligned in the same spatula or notched trowel.The teeth should be in the form of a square and be the size of the tiles: for example, when the amount of the material 15 to 15 centimeters depth and width of the tooth should be 6 millimeters, with a rate of 30 to 30 centimeters - 10 millimeters.Spatula to keep an angle of about 40 - 60 degrees.
tiles can not be laid end to end.Seam width will depend on the operating conditions and the tile size and should be greater than 2 millimeters.The maximum thickness of the mixture under the tiles must not exceed 10 millimeters.In operation outside buildings using combined method: applied mortar mixture on the basis of a thickness that corresponds to the size of the tooth floats, as well as on the tiles, the thickness of about 1 millimeter, evenly covering the entire surface.
tiles need to be laid on a layer of mortar and press.Remember that you can not pre-moisten the tiles!Under normal climatic conditions the tiles should be laid no later than twenty minutes after applying the solution on the base.In windy weather and the summer when performing work outside the building during installation is reduced to 10 minutes.
10 minutes after the installation of ceramic tiles, you can adjust its position.The remains of the mixture must be removed before it is hardened with water.Rasshivku normally must be done on the day after.On grounds with expansion joints is to seal their elastic sealants.
When facing pools need to do waterproofing foundation, given the characteristics of the base and the usage environment.Lining the water tank should embroider special waterproof compounds.When using the material in conditions that are not considered in the specification of dry mix concrete, it is recommended to conduct their own pilot test.
And finally, remember that during the laying of ceramics and during the first days of hardening the composition to avoid contact with the surface of the water, avoid exposure to sunlight, wind or strong drafts.