Radiators are more than 50 years, but at the same time, their outer coating will last much less.Coverage can and should be restored.Make it yourself or call the master - it's up to you.The fastest and easiest way to "put beauty" - to paint the radiators.
loft-style cast-iron battery harmoniously act element of the interior.Paint in this case, you must pick up the bronze or brass.When choosing colors to draw attention to its technical and operational characteristics.
When painting is worth remembering that some compositions increase (oil paints), and some decrease (paints that contain metal - aluminum, lead) heat sink.
- Preparation radiators video
- How to choose paint for the battery?
- Staining radiators Video
most common radiators in the Soviet era were cast-iron battery.Perhaps the life of these radiators equals lifetime apartment.But for them, as for any thing, need care.They are not capricious in opera
preliminary stage is to clean the battery from the remnants of dust, rust and previous coatings.The treatment should be carried out in several ways:
- mechanical - scrape the dust paint and rust with a stiff brush with metal bristles and sandpaper, you can use the tool to facilitate the task;
- chemical - specific solvents that soften the paint, but also need to use a corrosion inhibitor.
After cleaning the surface of the heater it is necessary to degrease.You can use 1% solution of ammonia, soda solution or household detergents.
surface iron battery quite often rough and chipped to be primed and align the filler, and then primed again.Primers for metal should be used from the same manufacturer, which you will use the paint.
How to choose paint for the battery?
main criterion when choosing paint for radiators is its thermal stability.Most modern high-quality materials withstand temperatures up to +80 ° C.For radiators, this parameter should not be less than 100 ° C.Such paints are specially marked.At the same time, the paint must have a greater wear resistance and does not emit toxic substances when heated.
For painting heaters produce:
- acrylic enamel - manufactured polyacrylate.They have a glossy structure are under 20 years.
- alkyd enamel - paint polyol.Enjoy a great range of colors.The service life of 3-5 years.The main drawback is the enamel solvent evaporation, which are toxic and have an unpleasant odor.
- water-dispersion paints - developed water-based paint for the batteries is odorless, dries well.Apply water-dispersion paints should be based on mineral.Lifetime coverage - up to 10 years.
- silicate paints - are based on a suspension of pigments, hardeners, silicates and water glass.They have high heat resistance and durability.The service life of 20 years.
Each material has its own pros and cons.What paint for better battery life - up to you.In accommodation better to use paints, which solvent is water, they are completely non-toxic and odorless.
optimal time for painting batteries - while repairs in the apartment.It is advisable to paint the battery after the completion of the heating season.If the paint during the heating season, you must close the inlet valve or the radiator thermal head and wait until it cools down.If you paint a hot battery will paint streaks uneven layer can also be formed wrinkling of the surface of the film as a consequence of excessively fast drying solvent.Dye can be hot radiators special structures, but they are much more expensive.
Before you start painting you must take action to protect the floor and walls of the random splashes of paint.To do this, use disposable paper or cloth.If such material is not found in the household, you must purchase a building plastic wrap.If staining is done with spray gun or using, it is recommended to hide or move the nearby interior.
The color of the radiator is necessary to start with hard to reach places and different grooves.To do this, use the special brush with curved handle.
Apply a thin layer of paint is, you should follow the rule: two thin layers are better than one thick.The next layer is applied to the previous recommended after complete drying.
Using decoupage art, cast-iron radiators become a pretty subject of interior decoration of the room.Decoupage technique will allow to realize the most daring and incredible ideas.
Answering the question - how much it costs to paint the battery?- The answer is simple and concise - a little time and desire.
Remember that regular updating of the protective coating on the heat sink extends the battery life and the life of the entire heating system.