Fixtures how important element of landscape design are intended not only to create comfortable living conditions and quality of life, which can be achieved through the organization of optimal lighting area, but also to make the site more attractive and romantic notes of thatwill be visible at night and in the evening.Today landscaping crossed a certain threshold of development that can be clearly traced back to the desire to optimize and decorate lighting system.Currently, landscaping stepped into a stage of development when the lights ceased to perform a utilitarian function, and took pride of place in the huge list of small architectural forms that became a kind of bell-ringing, a certificate of completion of those times when to illuminate the area on a pole or porchsecured a simple light bulb.We can not ignore the fact that the organization of lighting in the garden - it's not just the privilege of landscape designers, but also a difficult techn
- requirements that must be followed when selecting outdoor luminaires
- Basic classification of street lighting devices
- Classification lamps in accordance with a light source
- Actual species streetlights
- Outdoor LED lighting: the way to innovative technologies
- FlashlightsSolar revolution in the world of lighting
requirements that must be followed when selecting outdoor luminaires
Unlike interior lighting to outdoor certain requirements that must be considered when choosing lamps and installation of lighting systems.This is due to dramatic differences street lighting design of the internal as well as certain technical characteristics and methods of installation used.As the landscape lighting is not only for lighting of territory, but also to perform certain functions of design, it presented a number of demands:
- Street lighting should be as protected from the corrosive effects of natural factors as moisture, dust,sudden changes in temperature and other climatic aggressors;
- Before you buy lighting equipment, you must carefully examine its specifications and pick up the one safety index is not less than IP44;
- choosing the future location of the lamp, it is necessary to calculate the voltage that occurs in the electrical network in case of operation of the appliance.Given the fact that most meet the requirements of safety lamps with a maximum voltage of 12-24 V, lighting, operates on 220 V, experts advise to install using a step-down transformer;
- attributes of landscape design, such as ladders, trees and bushes, it is necessary to highlight using fixtures installed at a height of 50-100 cm, while the lighting fixtures can be used both mobile and stationary;
- Requirements to harness to power street lamps involve mobility necessitated by the possible transfer of fixtures from one place to another.
Basic classification of street lighting devices
Experts offer classify street lighting equipment in accordance with several features, the main ones are:
- style (the most popular are still the classic, oriental, modern and ethnicstyles);
- number of shades (both single and multiple);
- form of shades (at the present stage of development of design experts offer fixtures with spherical, hemispherical, cylindrical, conical and pyramidal even shades);
- material that was used for the manufacture of the lamp (despite the fact that do not pass the position of classical copper, aluminum and stainless steel, the market appears in lighting fixtures, made of modern materials such as polyamide, and others);
- way to install the device (another important feature, often used for drawing up the classifications of street lamps, according to the release parameter torshernye, suspended, recessed and wall-mounted lighting apparatus);
- light source - a sign that in most cases prefer specialists who are interested in the technical side of the issue.Under this heading would be important to identify instruments, in which the light source is incandescent, energy saving lamps, LED lamps, and finally, solar panels, is recognized as one of the most advanced light sources.
Classification lamps in accordance with a light source
Considering the most common options and types of street lamps, you first need to get acquainted with the classification of luminaires based on the use of different light sources, which is especially important in terms of innovative technologies.Sure, every modern man understands that the bulb - is not the only source of light, as the technology is not standing still, and today there are plenty of other light sources, including energy saving and operating not only on electricity.Consider the most popular light sources:
- bulb - one of the least appropriate options for the organization of street lighting, since high energy consumption.There are incandescent bulbs, the principle of which is based on heating the filament in an inert gas to high temperatures and halogen lamps, which are added to the structure of the buffer gas, extending the life of the lamp;
- Energy-saving light bulbs, which cost slightly higher than the previous ones, but their life is quite justified costs;
- LED lamps - one of the most suitable options for the organization of lighting, because in addition to efficiency and longer operating, their use on the site allows you to create a mass of decorative effects that have become popular in the organization of lighting suburban area;
- Solar - another cost-effective option when installing street lighting, widely used among the owners of summer cottages, preferring the ease at little financial cost.Ease of use solar-powered lamps due to the lack of need of special skills by connecting the lamp to a power source.
Actual species streetlights
Developing the lighting project of a garden site and the selection of lamps as one of its main steps, you must decide with the style of lighting that is necessary in order to lights, being one of the elements of landscapeDesign area does not fall out of the total stylistic concept of the site.
Currently, the most popular are the following types of street lamps:
- Street Lights, lights torshernogo type is the classic form of outdoor lighting fixtures and are rack equipped with canopy located on top.On the lighting market, a large number of design variations of this model - the classic ceiling mounted on a rack, to modern models of different height and number of lampshades.Luminous flux in the lamps of this type aimed straight up, so that they are not recommended for use in the territory of small areas
- Wall lamp, whose name speaks for itself and means of their non-standard method of attachment.They, like the previous model, affect the diversity of its design and technical solutions: here and Wall Street lamps - Spotlights, originally developed for the implementation of security features and intended for lighting large areas, and decorative patterns, often used to create lighting garden paths.The first play the role of a mast fixed on the wall and its elements, the second - because of its decorative purpose, often installed along the tracks, near the ponds and other important decorative elements requiring placement right accents;
- Pendant lights, the design of which resembles room chandelier, some adapted to aggressive environmental influences.In most cases, represent a ceiling on a chain fixed on the roof of the gazebo or terrace;
- ground luminaires are members of one of the most low-budget groups and lighting.Design features Data lighting devices due to important principles of their installation - and therefore, an integral part of them are different kind of decorative grilles, as well as protective visors and rings.This group of designers developed together with engineers and is designed for installation directly into the ground at the roadside, or embed in its canvas.The purpose of this installation - light plants, garden paths or small architectural forms.Their installation is made directly into the ground, almost invisible as long as you do not connect to a power source.
- Floating lights, often called floating balls in mind mainly spherical shape ceiling, lighting devices are impermeable to water.The scope of their use is limited to the organization of landscape lighting reservoirs (most pools and ponds).Especially attractive look balloons made of glass, which float on the surface of the pond, creating an enchanting atmosphere around the mystery and inner strength.Often, designers have resorted to the use of analogues of underwater floating balls that helps create the effect of an inner glow;
- Embedded street lights - one of the most popular innovation landscape lighting.Popularity recessed luminaires obvious - virtually invisible during the day, they not only become an original accent light in the dark, but also do not have a blinding effect that is their obvious advantage.Being hidden from prying eyes, they successfully cope with its original task, highlighting the exquisitely powerful trunks of trees and shrubs crown, small architectural forms and other important landscape composition, needs to attract attention through a competitive arrangement required lighting accents.
Originally built in lamps designed for indoor installation (embedded) in the horizontally and vertically oriented surface.Features of the installation implies the existence of special lattices in which the lamp is installed in such a way that the eye remains accessible only its front side, which is a window or overhead grille.At the same luminous flux recessed luminaires directed perpendicular to the lower dome.Choosing recessed to create a landscape lighting, consumers are often guided by the geometry and dimensions of the ceiling, as well as the decoration of the front of the lamp, that basically becomes a decisive factor when choosing recessed luminaires.
on this role in the arena of embedded luminaires landscape lighting does not end there.They can be used to create an estimated road lighting, lawn soil or steps.Lighting built into the road surface, is not so much intended for its lighting, but for the creation of the orientation of the light flux required for the safe movement within the area.To illuminate stairs, recessed set not in step, and under them.To reduce glare, which is especially palpable when climbing up the stairs lit, built-in lights protect matte shades and specialized reflectors.
Outdoor LED lighting: the way to innovative technologies
innovative technology was not spared and the market of lighting products.Currently, LED lighting firmly taken its niche in the market and are not going to give up their positions the next few decades.Outdoor LED luminaires won the location of consumers due to its long service life and the possibility of significant savings in energy use.
becoming a competitive alternative to traditional incandescent lamps, they are characterized by one of the highest rates of productivity and profitability.However, they do not cease to be subject to the successful modernization: in connection with the introduction of new innovation experts had the opportunity to improve the optical part led street lamps, which is made of rugged polycarbonate that contributes to greater uniformity of illumination and safety of use.
If properly direct the light beam, led street light will illuminate only the desired object, which helps conserve power and, in turn, electricity.
Increased durability due to LED street lamps using in the course of their production profile developed in accordance with the specialized technology that contributes to effective heat dissipation and high security devices.
similar design features to optimize the effect of heating on batteries and other electronic components of the device, which significantly prolongs the life of a street lamp.For efficient use of electricity as a power source of LED lamps using an updated driver, which has a four-protection system and allows you to protect your device from high voltage network, as well as from its extremes.
With regard to the control LED street light, it is only optional, allowing for remote switching on and off of the appliance.In addition, we must not forget about the popularity of LED street lighting fixtures with motion sensor, the principles of operation are also aimed at energy savings, especially since the design of these appliances mean availability of a specialized instrument, fixing the appearance of a person within a radius of its action, which ultimately causes the automatic switchingelectricity.The principle of operation of the motion sensor it is the definition of intensity in the infrared light beam, which are formed by the movement of a person.
Solar-powered lights: a revolution in the world of lighting
Since the features Lighting suburban area or a suburban area involve periodic accommodation owners out of town, and safe accommodation without lighting - it is not feasible, without night lighting is necessary.
Posted by in Lighting