As an indispensable element of any interior, interior doors have not only operational, but also a decorative function.Structural and functional features framed doors allow them to successfully combine the two directions, thereby paneled doors are not only reliable, but also an attractive element of the interior.However, their popularity is due not only to double-functional, but also a host of other virtues that distinguish paneled design from other varieties of interior doors that will be discussed in this paper.If you prefer paneled doors, it is not necessary to acquire the factory design - simply make their own.It should be noted that the self-made model has certain advantages which are not characteristic for factory products.Advantages improvised models as well as features and step by step instructions for their production are also the subject of this article.
- Paneled doors: definition and brief history
- Design features paneled doors.Types of panels
- Popular materials for the manufacture of paneled doors and their advantages
- Manufacturing paneled doors of pine forest: the nuances and peculiarities
- advantages of panel doors made with their own hands
- materials and tools for making panel doors
- Step by step instructions for the manufacture of interiorpaneled doors
- Finishing panel doors as the main component of its long-term operation
Paneled doors: definition and brief history
becoming the first models appeared in the Russian market of interior doors, panel doors quickly gained popularity among consumers dueundoubtedly the best value for money.In the 90 years of the most popular models have become white paneled doors made of MDF and have demonstrated their effectiveness and durability.
What is the panel?Ushakov's Dictionary gives the following definition of the term "infill is a thin plywood or board, which is inserted into a frame made of any material."
Accordingly, it can be concluded that the panel doors - a door, the construction of which implies the presence of the frame, often wooden, and acting as the carrier element, as well as inserts - panels.It should be noted that in the present paneled door insert may be not only of wood.But most of the panels are made of solid wood or composite materials, which include MDF and solid pine.
Design features paneled doors.Types of panels
Paneled doors almost impossible to confuse with any other species of interior doors.Their structural features are similar to those for conventional windows, so as the latter, composed of the visible frame that acts as a frame, and inserts a thin-panels.Thus, the main structural elements of panel doors are the following items:
- wooden frame, also called strapping, is the main structural element, which is subsequently attached to the remaining parts of the door.Its manufacturing is carried out in solid wood and laminated veneer lumber.In most cases, the frame is made of four parts linked together.To increase the structural strength of the lower part of the frame make slightly wider side and top.A more recent approach to increase the strength of paneled doors is to strengthen the entire bottom structure, which sheathe sheet metal, such as aluminum or galvanized steel.However, it is worth noting that the use of such techniques to enhance the actual design only input panel doors;
- middle peasants, who are horizontally arranged rails, fix the middle part of the web;
- panels, which can be made of different materials and fixed in the door frame.Often, they are the main decorative element of the doors.They are decorated with paintings and give them the most bizarre form.For their production used a variety of materials, most commonly glass, chipboard, MDF or plywood.The fragments inserted into the grooves, and then fix them with the decorative glazing beads (often shtapiki with overlap, which are so called because they often come to the door of the plane. These features provide ease of mounting replacing the damaged fragments, such as broken glass, andalso allow you to dramatically change the look of an interior door.
main varieties panels
- Traditional smooth panels made from identical strips with a smooth surface. They can be used for the manufacture of both input and interior doors;
- Figareynyepanels, the distinguishing feature is the presence of the convex middle portion gradually becomes thinner towards the edge;
- Pontoon panels, which are used for the manufacture of the board of the same thickness as the framework for the production;
- In addition, there are double and single panels.To build single-use strips, arranged in one row, whereas double made of two rows of strips separated by a layer of insulating material or an air gap.
Paneled doors photo
Popular materials for the manufacture of paneled doors and their advantages
often manufacturing panel doors made of solid wood file.As used in this case, the breed can be very diverse: from those that commonly occur on the territory of Central Russia, to exotic species brought from the most remote corners of the planet.Selecting a breed has a significant impact on the value of the finished product, and often in terms of its production, which can be quite variable.For the manufacture of paneled doors use only selective, carefully dried wood.Wide demand not only breed of low price category, such as pine, birch or spruce, but srednedorogie, but at the same time more durable hornbeam, oak and beech, which, if correct operation, will serve for decades.
most common material for framed doors is pine boards, the distinctive feature of which is a nice honey color, texture and attractive ease of processing, and natural antiseptics, within the structure of wood, allow the material for a long time to maintain its original characteristics.Unique features allow you to set the door of the material made of solid pine, it can be installed not only as an interior, and exterior doors.This is due to their high strength and wear resistance, which positively influence the service life of the door leaf.Thus, the popularity of wooden framed doors made from pine array, due to the following advantages of:
- made of natural ecologically clean raw materials , which is in the process of operation does not pollute the atmosphere of harmful vapors, thus absolutely safe for human health.Despite the fact that the array is pine pictures belonging to a low-cost, durability and leaves no doubt at this optimum is in relation to cost.During regular operation, they not only serve for decades, but never lose their original characteristics;
- mechanical resistance allows doors made from this material, maintain strength and resistance to mechanical damage.Especially important is the fact that the pine array remains stable to changes in humidity and temperature, which leads to the ability to install panel doors made of pine as the front doors;
- aesthetic and decorative properties also difficult to ignore.Pine has an attractive array of texture and color, making paneled doors can become an ornament of any interior and exterior of their counterparts, and considerably embellish the exterior of any home;
- And, of course, very reasonable cost , which can not go unnoticed.It is due to moderate price policy, you get high quality and reliable door at a low price.
Manufacturing paneled doors of pine forest: the nuances and peculiarities
Currently, there are several ways of manufacturing paneled doors from the array.Manufacturers offer a few basic modes of production:
- Manufacturing paneled door panels with laminated pine timber;
- Doors production from natural pine, which excludes the use of certain other substances.
For each of these methods are characterized by its advantages and disadvantages.As regards the first method, in practice it occurs quite easily.Doors made of laminated veneer lumber, have undoubted strength and resistance to aggressive environmental influences, as in the process of bonding the bars firmly attached to each other and they are almost impossible to tear apart.By carrying out bonding bars blocked thoroughly dried, and then coated with lacquer, which contributes not only to improving their strength and aesthetic characteristics.Due to their high strength, paneled doors, made of laminated board, is set as the external;
If we consider the second method, it may be noted that the production of panel doors made of natural pine forest presents certain difficulties in mind that in most cases, these doors are made to order, and the cost of the event is often quite high.
advantages of panel doors made with their own hands
If you decide to install the panel doors, is not necessarily an option to purchase prefabricated.If you have little experience and skills DIY, for you will not be difficulties to make panel doors with their hands, the more so in this article we present a step by step instructions for its manufacture.Consider the main benefits paneled doors, made independently:
- Lower cost of home-made doors, in contrast to their factory counterparts;
- self-assembly panel doors on certain standards eliminates the need to fit them to the size of the doorway;
- Given the specific features of the manufacture of home-made panel doors have a lower susceptibility to external influences, and therefore, they are less exposed to degradation caused by temperature changes.
materials and tools for making panel doors
Before you make a paneled door, please be very modest set of tools.
- Hacksaw for wood;
- chisel and screwdriver;
- pencil and tape measure;
- Sandpaper with small and large grain;
originally defined materials for the manufacture of paneled doors.In order to produce reliable and robust frame, you must select the type of wood with high strength characteristics and resistance to changes in the external environment and micro-climatic parameters.So better to stop the choice on the most durable wood species such as oak or ash.Pine is also a durable material, characterized by an optimal price-performance ratio.She, like the previous species, resistant to changes in microclimatic parameters such as humidity and temperature.
As materials for the manufacture of chipboard panels is better to choose or plywood that will make construction easier and, at the same time, inexpensive.If you want to make the door more massive and solid, use the more expensive solid wood.To improve the fine characteristics of the door, is often used in the glass paste that can be opaque or transparent and decorated with a wide variety of patterns.Very expensive and looks solid doors with stained glass inserts.
Since the present design stained glass - enjoy more than an expensive, often use decorative painting on glass, which makes two-way fully to create the effect of stained glass.
- For the manufacture of the frame, we need thick boards with a width of 50 mm or 3 bar, 2 of which will be used for the production of the vertical portion and 1 to create a transverse top;
- be reserved for the manufacture of panels with plywood or particle board, according to your wishes can be replaced by glass.If you plan to produce panels of glass, further prepare the fillet;
- In addition, we need the glue and screws;
- Door fittings (hinges and handles);
- as well as materials for the final finishing of the door (various specialized coatings, paints and varnishes).
Step by step instructions for the manufacture of interior paneled doors
initial installation step is to install the door opening.It must be so constructed to be easy to eliminate any distortions and differences width and height.After manufacturing of the door frame you can start assembling panel doors with their hands;
start its production by developing a better sketch that is created to suit your personal preferences.However, the novice master, experts advise to start with the installation of the door with six panels.By creating a rough sketch of the door, its detail, say it all the dimensions, and then buy the necessary materials selected according to size;
Then start manufacturing of the frame.To do this with a tape measure the width of the doorway.
It should be noted that the size of the door will be 4-6 mm smaller than the size of the door frame.
Given the size of the timber obtained is made the basis for the door.To do this on a bar devoid of mechanical damage and irregularities, mark the required length of a pencil.Saw off the excess part of the jigsaw.As a result, there should be 2 main uprights and 2 cross, which are fixed at the bottom and the top of the structure, as well as internal cross rails that serve to increase structural strength.
to tightly seal the parts together, in the right places are made grooves and spikes, ideal size.To improve the strength of the details of fasteners coat with joiner's glue, and in places of fastening of panels made the bevel.
Having made the frame, proceed to the installation panels.If you use wood, it is better to stop your choice on the array board - this will avoid creating a team chamfer.In accordance with the size of the bevel, from an array of ready-cut part and she saw cut edges do that will tightly seal the item with a chamfer.
If you can not create a panel from a single array, but you still want to use wood, manufacture of pieces of wood slats, fastened them together by a system of grooves and spikes, and further the joints promazyvaya carpenter's glue.After the produce infill pieces of wood, do by e saw cut edges chamfered for fixing.
Posted by in Doors