decorative moldings performs not only a decorative function, visually separating the wall from the ceiling, but also can hide under a crossroads of different finishing materials of the ceiling and walls.Not every interior design involves the use of ceiling moldings, but more often than the general look of the room seems to be incomplete without it.The fixing of the element - the fillet - no big deal, almost all kinds of moldings are attached to the adhesive.But the question of how to cut the ceiling moldings in the corners of rooms, can put many at a standstill.Even in the most simple room has interior angles where strips ceiling moldings must be accurately and beautifully dock.A more complex configuration of the room and will have to dock the plinth, performing the outer corner.In this article we will look at various options for how to cut ceiling moldings using the tools at hand and without them.
- How to cut the corner ceiling moldings using a miter box
- How to cut the corner ceiling moldings using markup ceiling
- How to trim ceiling moldings using a template Mitre
- improvised tray-miter box with his hands
To begin to understand the issuethan to cut the ceiling moldings, the answer depends on the material of construction of the fillet.Currently marketed ceiling moldings from polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polystyrene (styrofoam), polyurethane and wood.
Ceiling skirting PVC are the cheapest.They are easily formed dents and creases, which can not be eliminated, so the product has to be discarded.Also, they have the disadvantage Electrostatic - ability to attract dust.Cutting can be a sharp knife or hacksaw construction.
decorative moldings of polystyrene also are cheap.This material is very fragile, easily crumble during processing, so it is necessary to cut the styrofoam with a sharp knife or hacksaw, making no effort to press too strong.
decorative moldings made of extruded polystyrene foam polystyrene a little more expensive, their denser and harder to cut.However, they are less friable, so they are easier and more convenient to operate.Knife and cut construction hacksaw.
ceiling moldings of polyurethane are the most expensive at the moment.They are durable, flexible and moisture resistant, easy to cut with a knife construction and do not crumble.The disadvantage of polyurethane moldings is their dependence on temperature changes.For example, on a gas stove polyurethane moldings acquire the residual strain and will start to crackle a bit.If you try to process a baseboard or trim, it may be bent or otherwise deformed.
Wooden ceiling plinth are dense heavy items that can be cut only with a hacksaw, preferably with small frequent teeth.It is also possible to use a metal blade.
Before moving on to these methods, how to cut the ceiling moldings, it should be noted that it is possible not to cut moldings with extreme precision.On sale there are special corner pieces , into which the edge of the plinth.In this case, the bar quite a plinth trim at an angle of 90 °, and the angular element will hide all the flaws.But this method is not always used, since the size of the angular elements a bit more themselves baseboards, so that the angles in the room will be allocated on the general background.Sometimes it may look nalyapisto.However, if the design space allows the use of angular elements for ceiling moldings, it makes sense to take advantage of them.Further instructions will be useful to those who still decided to accurately cut the plinth under a predetermined angle.
How to cut the corner ceiling moldings using a miter box
Mitre - a simple carpenter's tool to cut the workpiece at the desired angle.The most common is a tray made of plastic, wood or metal with vertical slits for cutting at an angle of 90 ° and 45 °.There are also more complicated constructions Mitre - cutting angles of 90, 60 and 45 degrees.For more professional work miter box used with the rotary mechanism, where the saw can be fixed at any angle to the workpiece.
How to cut the ceiling moldings using a miter box - internal angle:
- We put the baseboard to the ceiling, measure the desired length.
- Then set the bar in skirting miter box so that the position coincides with the position of the plinth on the ceiling.
- Planck plinth should be pressed against the far wall of the miter box.
- Keeping plinth with his left hand.
- Choose a position hacksaw, when the angle is 45 degrees while the maximum grip hacksaw moving closer to the left hand.
- We cut the workpiece without making excessive pressure on the saw.
- next step - trimming skirting trims response.Set it as well to the far wall of the miter box.
- presses and hold the right hand.
- Select a position for a handsaw when the angle of 45 degrees and a hacksaw handle approaches the right hand.
- Cut the plinth.
Next stykuya cut skirting strips and check the accuracy of the cut.For a more precise orientation even say that to meet the internal angle must begin to cut the front of the plinth.Wooden skirting boards after cutting, most likely will have to adjust the file.
How to cut ceiling moldings using a miter box - outer corner:
- Not to be mistaken with the size, it is better to start with the inner corner of the layout, and then cut the outer corner.Otherwise, it is possible that when straps may not be enough in length.
- necessary to attach the bar to the ceiling and to outline the dimensions.
- sets the bar ceiling moldings and presses it against the nearest wall.
- Hold the left hand and choose the position for the hacksaw at an angle of 45 degrees when the handle is moving closer to the left hand.
- Cut the workpiece.
- Set mounting plate to the nearest wall, hold the right hand.
- hacksaw Set at an angle of 45 degrees when the handle is moving closer to the right hand.
- Cut the workpiece and butted corner.
Crop harvesting via stuslo suitable only if the angle between the walls Rowan - 90 degrees.If the accuracy is poor, it is necessary to use other means.
How to cut the corner ceiling moldings using markup ceiling
layout skirting the ceiling also allows smooth and accurate to cut the corner.One disadvantage of this method is that it is difficult and inconvenient to keep weight on the plinth bar during the cutting process.The rest of the schedule for cutting the corner so you can even more accurately than other methods.Applying the baseboard to the installation, once taken into account all the flaws of the walls and in the amount of deflection angle.
Circumcision angle ceiling moldings:
- First two pieces should be cut at an angle of 90 degrees.
- then applied first one bar, emphasizing her butt in a perpendicular wall.Draw a line on the ceiling, outlining the contour moldings.
- Harvesting this level and are putting mounting plates are also emphasizing its end into the wall.The planned line.
- point of intersection of the planned lines will be marked on which you want to trim moldings.
- again putting a turn each bar and they mark the point of the cut.
- Draw a line from this point to the other edge of the plinth.
Cut the plinth of the planned lines, butted them and attached to the installation site.Please note that by using this method is more convenient to cut internal corners.
How to trim ceiling moldings using a template Mitre
something resembling a miter box can be done if necessary apply the corners cut on paper, cardboard or wood.It is necessary to draw two parallel lines to determine the center, and then to delay the required angles using a protractor.The advantage of this method is that it is possible to delay any angle, including 90 degrees and greater.Of course, before you cut corners ceiling moldings are kindly requested to check the angle between the walls using a protractor to measure the angle and.
Methodology cutting ceiling moldings by drawing a miter box is exactly the same as using a miter box itself.The bar is pressed against the plinth of one of the parallel lines, then set a hacksaw to the desired angle, which is already scheduled, and cut.
improvised tray-miter box with his hands
Craft miter box with his hands and is not too difficult.
Method 1. took three wooden planks or boards that need to be put together in a U-shaped box.Then, on the walls of the box outlines the necessary angles, and runs a hacksaw cut.As a result, should have wooden miter box, which cut the grooves.
Method 2. combination of improvised and miter box template with the intended lines.For convenience, the cutting is necessary to build something, what would be convenient to keep the bar ceiling moldings as to keep her on the weight difficult.Enough to put together two wooden planks or boards area.On the paper it is necessary to draw a line with a cutting angle of 45 degrees or by any other.Then applied to the workpiece plinth area, held her hand, as described in technologies miter box, a piece of paper with the pattern moves by the region, where going to perform cut, and cut.In the process of cutting focus on a line drawn on paper.
method 3. as improvised miter box, you can use anything, everything - that form the corner.For example, the table pushed against the wall.
Important!Notice the performance measurement to trim ceiling moldings.To schedule an internal angle, you must measure the length from the right angle.To schedule an external angle, you must navigate a plinth that will play into the room at a distance equal to its width.
not necessary to fix the ceiling skirting strips before mounting plates cut and examples of their location.Only after two strikers agreed perfectly in the corner, you can begin to fix them to the ceiling.Minor flaws can be modified a file or nail file in the case of wood and polyurethane moldings.To fit the foam product will have to wield a sharp knife.
case where even after fitting plinth between them remains a small gap, do not despair, it can be repaired with putty.Trim the ceiling moldings yourself is not difficult.But in order not to spoil a lot of products, the best pre-workout on small workpieces.