fastest and most affordable way to upgrade the interior - new wallpaper pasting the walls.The range of different colors is impressive wallpaper, texture and manufacturing finishing material.
Among the variety of choice, we note embossed wallpaper, different embossed decorative image.The speaker pattern visually smoothes and softens the outlines of the walls, creating a special play of light and shadows.
Consider the main types and characteristics of the embossed wallpaper, give recommendations for their use in the interior, as well as describe the sequence of labels and important nuances that must be observed when working with embossed wallpaper.
- Technology of embossed wallpaper
- Types embossed wallpaper: advantages and disadvantages
- Duplex - paper embossed wallpaper
- Vinyl wallpaper hot stamping Vinyl wallpaper
- chemical embossing
- Features embossed wallpaper flezilinovoy based
- How to glue the embossed wallpaper duplex
- Technology stickers non-woven wallpaper hot stamping
- Embossed wallpaper: application in the interior
manufacturing technology and descriptions embossed wallpaper
embossed wallpaper - a kind of wallpaper with textured surface.Most often, a double-layer embossed wallpaper involve paper wallpaper, the top layer of which has been treated.
embossed wallpaper got its name because of the technological process used in creating these wallpapers.Depending on the substrate material in the manufacture of the relief pattern may be applied dry, moist, hot stamping or chemical.
Technology of embossed wallpaper comprises the following steps:
- Performing gravure printing.High-quality printing on paper allows you to transfer the subtle color transitions, creating the illusion of the reality of the image.
- Laminating products.Wallpaper base (inner layer) is adhered to the top layer with a special adhesive.
- stamping.Glued wallpaper wet passed through the active (top) steel shaft and passive (bottom) paper shaft.Profile defines top shaft texture of the finished product.
- Paper tape is firmly bonded to each other, and the surface texture of the wallpaper gets necessary.
- Drying products.
- material is passed through a special trays, where the cutting wallpaper strips of desired length.
- baling and wrapping.
Embossed wallpaper are considered the most stable (minimum tensile applying glue) and durable among paper wallpaper
Today embossed wallpaper is made not only on the basis of a dense paper and non-woven cloth and apply PVC processing, improving the performance of the finishing material.Technologies of creation of such wallpaper is different from that considered above.
Types embossed wallpaper: advantages and disadvantages
Duplex - paper embossed wallpaper
main criterion by which the embossed wallpapers are divided into different types - a material used in the manufacture.
paper embossed wallpaper differently is called - a duplex with a relief surface.Images consist of two layers of paper - a substrate and a topcoat.Embossed wallpaper duplex available with printed image or colorless - for painting.Duplex for painting has a more pronounced relief.
should be noted that after repeated staining, surface relief embossed duplex wallpaper deformed
The advantages of paper embossed wallpaper include:
- possibility of masking rough and uneven on the wall;
- strength duplex embossed wallpaper wallpaper above simplex (single-ply paper wallpaper);
- wallpaper "breathe" and promote a normal indoor climate;
- embossed duplex - an environmentally friendly material, as during its manufacture practically no use of chemicals;
- cost embossed wallpaper on a paper basis is lower than the non-woven (buy duplex embossed wallpaper can be as low as 150 rubles per roll).
Disadvantages of embossed paper wallpaper:
- wallpaper can not be washed (not recommended to use them in the kitchen or in the nursery);
- paper layer sensitive to mechanical damage;
- short lifespan - about five years.
length of the web in a roll - 10,5 m, width - 0,53 m.
Vinyl wallpaper hot stamping
Vinyl wallpaper embossed have an outer decorative layer of polyvinyl chloride, and the base is made of a nonwoven fabric or paper.Vinyl surface protects the foundation from moisture penetration of salts, acids, fats, alkalis, and reduces the risk of fire.
manufacturing vinyl wallpaper hot stamping more time-consuming and involves the implementation of these processes:
- based on a layer of foamed PVC.
- material is passed through the chamber, wherein the PVC layer is heated and becomes ductile.
- malleable surface is treated with two different rolls, forming a relief decorative coating.
Vinyl wallpaper made by hot stamping, are of three kinds.
Screen printing wallpaper have a relatively smooth and even texture.Some parts of the web reflect light waves, creating an overflow of natural silk.
Screen printing vinyl wallpaper - the most thin and poorly conceal the defects of the walls, therefore require careful alignment and surface preparation
surface heavy vinyl often mimics the plaster relief.These wallpapers are recommended for use on the walls with a roughness and minor bumps.
flat vinyl (Vinyl CD) can simulate different finishing materials, such as stone, masonry, brush strokes, untreated wood or plaster.When creating this type of wallpaper used in more embossing and a thicker layer of vinyl.
Wallpapers Hot Stamping has the following characteristics:
- durability - regardless of the conditions of service, wallpaper ranges from 7 to 15 years;
- wallpaper resistant to UV rays, heat from the batteries, steam and water;
- wallpaper does not absorb odors;
- wallpaper can be cleaned with a damp cloth and non-abrasive chemicals;
- good thermal insulation properties;
- wallpaper hot stamping are considered more environmentally friendly than conventional vinyl wallpaper;this is due to the fact that under the influence of high temperatures of the formaldehyde resin evaporates, making the material more safe for others.
Important!The room papered with vinyl wallpaper is often necessary to ventilate, as PVC is not breathable, and the normal ventilation in the room more complicated.Stagnation of the air lead to higher humidity and mold on the walls.Before wallpapering hot stamping surface of the wall is necessary to treat antifungal primer
price range for wallpaper hot stamping:
- silk screen wallpaper - from 400-500 rubles per roll;
- price embossed wallpaper heavy vinyl and CD vinyl - from 600 rubles per roll.
It should be noted that the embossed wallpaper on the basis flizilinovoy will cost 20% more expensive than their paper counterparts.
Vinyl wallpaper chemical embossing
wallpaper In the production of chemical embossing method is used for inhibiting the foam vinyl of the band.In other words - in some areas fabric coated with PVC, applied special agent (inhibitor) that inhibits the foaming of vinyl.Thereafter, the web is heated in the chamber and the vinyl layer unprocessed inhibitor, foams and expands.
Advantages inhibited wallpaper:
- original design - creates a harmonious blend of elements of silk-screen printing and foamed vinyl;
- considerable mechanical resistance;
- resistance to UV;
- possibility of repeated cleaning;
- long service life - 10-15 years.
- high cost of wallpaper;
- wallpaper barely concealed defects in the walls.
Features embossed wallpaper on non-woven backing
Non-woven wallpaper embossed substrate is made up of cellulose fibers held together by a polymer.Fleece is durable, resistant to abrasion and not easily inflammable, such as paper.
Very often raised non-woven wallpaper with vinyl coating - is embossed paintable wallpaper.They kept reusable paint and embossed patterns remain unchanged.
Embossed wallpaper flezelinovye have such advantages:
- possibility of masking small cracks and irregularities of the walls;
- fire safety;
- non-woven wallpaper rolls usually have a greater width, which facilitates and accelerates the process of gluing;
- ease of care - can be carried out wet cleaning;
- paintable wallpaper can be painted many times;
- during repair vinyl layer can be separated from non-woven fabrics, and the remaining base - stick the new wallpaper.
Cons embossed wallpaper on non-woven backing, such as wallpaper and hot stamping or inhibited - the high cost and impair the air.
How glue embossed wallpaper duplex
manufacturer usually on the package indicates the type of wallpaper adhesive recommended for use.Embossed wallpaper duplex necessary glue on adhesive for the heavy kinds of wallpaper, for example, non-woven backing.
Consider a phased process wallpapering:
- preparatory stage:
- with a soft sponge moistened with water and a spatula to remove old wallpaper;
- eliminate visible bumps and cracks in the wall;
- remove contamination.
- To improve the adhesion of the materials on the walls is desirable to apply the primer.The drying time of the primer - about 24 hours.
- While the primer dries necessary to verify compliance with all rolls of wallpaper: batch number, pattern and shade should match.
- Measure the height of the walls and cut wallpaper.On each side of the wallpaper in their "open" should be left to the allowance of 5 cm. The wallpaper with patterns must be controlled, so that figures match together at the joints.
- Prepare glue.
- with a wide brush to apply adhesive strip, fold-cut is 1/3 and 2/3, and leave the "lie down" for 5-10 minutes.It is important to ensure that each strip lay the same period of time.
- on the wall vertically to draw the line - it will be a landmark for gluing wallpaper.Flatness of the line can be checked using the plumb bob or laser level.
- first strip of wallpaper pasted on the window.
- rubber roller or a soft brush should be removed bubbles formed under the wallpaper.Bubbles are removed smooth movements, from top to bottom and from inside to outside.
- Stripes wallpaper have little overlap, as when dry slightly decrease their size.
- Surplus wallpaper knife cut the building.
tips gluing embossed wallpaper duplex:
- work should be carried out at the room temperature 15-22 ° C;
- when working drafts should be avoided;
- if the glue got on the decorative surface of the wallpaper, it must be carefully wet sponge, but do not rub;
- wallpaper patterned better glue together, and without ornaments - you can cope on their own;
- sockets and switches when wallpapering shoot not necessarily - is enough to remove the cover and disconnect the room;Backgrounds must first attach to the wall and make a cross-shaped incision.
Technology stickers non-woven wallpaper hot stamping
adhered flezilinovyh wallpaper hot stamping, note that interlining itself - transparent material.If the top layer of embossed vinyl is thick enough, the wallpaper will not be able to hide the non-uniform coat of paint on a wall or joints sheets of drywall.
Before gluing fabric wallpaper is necessary to attach to the wall, and in daylight to make sure that the dark spots do not show through the material.If defects are evident, it is necessary to align the color of the walls - painted.However, this can not do, if to be used for painting wallpaper
adhered flezilinovyh wallpaper have to use a special, thicker adhesive that does not turn yellow after drying.
of work stages:
- Wallpapers cut into strips of length equal to the height of the wall plus 7 cm. Figure adjacent blades must match.
- Wall surface paint roller or brush to apply the glue width slightly larger than the width of the roll.
- dry cloth to apply and press firmly to the wall.
- a soft cloth or brush to remove accumulated air under the wallpaper.
- Strips non-woven wallpaper glued butt, leaving gaps at the overlaps are not needed.
Embossed wallpaper: application in the interior
significant advantage of embossed wallpaper is the endless variety of textures, colors, patterns and ornaments.In the directory browsing and selection of a suitable design can spend a single day.Practical expert advice and interior photos will help determine priorities and make the final choice.
- ambiguity silkscreen wallpaper texture looks very refined.These wallpapers will look good in the spacious living room and a small bedroom.The main thing - skillfully choose the pattern and colors of wallpaper.
- Bright colors silkscreen wallpaper is necessary to choose a well-lit rooms - glare from sunlight enhance the beauty of the wallpaper.
- For rooms with artificial lighting is better to choose embossed wallpaper pastel shades.
- Relief narrative scenes and major figures on the wallpaper is better to use in large rooms.
- abundance of various simulations (wood, paint, brick, tile, etc.) allows you to choose embossed wallpaper under any stylistic direction of the interior.
- not be limited to a choice of textured single - combination look more interesting.For example, the wallpaper can be assembled under a tree with a brick relief - a good choice for high-tech or underground, and the wallpaper under the plaster can be combined with the wallpaper under the paint - an ensemble will make the desired color in the retro style.
- Add freshness and unpretentiousness interior, can be arranged on one wall of patchwork technique - a combination of "patchwork" of embossed wallpaper.Different in texture and pattern pieces are transformed into makeshift patchwork that is suitable for a room in a country style.
Embossed wallpaper: photo in interior