apartments, built according to standard designs, are rarely able to capture the imagination of non-standard solutions in the design of the premises, so that often have to make considerable efforts to create in his home in a cozy corner where you can relax not only physicallybut also morally.One of the popular solutions that are relevant not only functional but also decorative point of view, is a partition in the bathroom.The necessity of its construction due to the fact that the bathroom has identified a number of functional areas, each of which is characterized by its purpose.Within the three major functional areas, which include the area near the sink and toilet and a shower area, a sanitary equipment, and therefore, they need to be functional demarcation.Also true purpose bathroom necessitates allocation area for storage, which can be several.They are used for storage of towels, household chemicals and cosmetic accessories.However, if your bathr
- partition in the bathroom: the relevance of the problem
- functional role of the partitions in the bathroom
- Advantages bathrooms with a partition
- choice of material for the walls, taking into account the specifics of the room
- concrete, brick and stone walls bathroom
- Glassseptum: original ideas to create additional walls in the bathroom
- Bathroom Partitions plasterboard: the advantages and disadvantages
- Construction plasterboard partitions: training materials and tools
- Installation works: sequence
partition in the bathroom: the relevance of the problem
During repair or apartment bathroom in general, is often necessary to develop the project areas, based on which, we often come to the conclusion that it is not taken into account some of the parameters of the room.For example, the width and height of the door opening, you need to know to put in the bathroom tub, ceiling height for installation of plasterboard ceiling fixtures, the location of furniture for the correct layout of the room, and other parameters of premises, not knowing that it is impossible to successfully complete the initiatedredevelopment project.If you are the proud owner of a spacious bathroom, you can not just put all the stuff, and the necessary equipment, but also to experiment with its zoning arrangement of plumbing and decoration.The most common mounting partitions delimiting the zone in which is located a toilet bowl, from the rest of the bathroom, which is due to the fact that this area is the least appealing.Therefore, designers recommend to install a shower, toilet and bidet as far as possible from the entrance, and for further delimit this zone masking decorative partition.
If the zone toilet and bidet can be demarcated decorative partition, the zone in which the shower is better to separate the sound hollow partition wall that protects the room from the spray and water leaks, in this connection, to its quality imposedincreased requirements.
partition in the bathroom Photo
functional role of the partitions in the bathroom
operable walls in the bathroom can be determined only by the owner, based on their needs and preferences.Despite this, most of the role of interior partitions is highly controversial, as they may be useful not only practical, but also from an aesthetic point of view.We'll talk more about that.
decorative functions associated with the constant human desire for beauty, the desire to turn your house into a cozy corner and will help solve the problem installing decorative walls in the bathroom.For example, if you have decided to issue a bathroom in the Japanese style, the perfect complement to its interior becomes a decorative bamboo screen, which not only emphasize naturalism finish, but it will be beneficial supplement.Another advantageous solution for the bath in the Oriental style is to install glass partitions decorated with floral or ethnic patterns;
Zoning premises - another important function of the partition through which the bathroom there are several zones, each with its own peculiar functional.For example, installing a partition, you can distinguish a bath, toilet or shower.You can also install decorative columns on either side of a mirror or sink and thereby separate them from the common room or build a small niche, which in the future will have a washing machine;
Masking communications - a feature that involves the installation of partitions in the case of strongly protruding pipes or other technical installations, which are impossible to hide under a false wall or screen.In this case, the problem will help solve the installation of decorative walls or columns, on which you can hang a lamp or functionally important Shelf.
Advantages bathrooms with a partition
- partition in the bathroom separates the "wet" zone of the bath area reserved for changing and storage, that is a kind of screen that protects the space bathroom from the spray of the shower;
- install another wall in the bathroom with a small area, you will be able to solve the problem of lack of space for the placement and storage of hygiene, as an extra wall to hang a few shelves and hooks and hangers for clothes and towels;
choice of material for the walls, taking into account the specifics of the room
Before you buy a barrier for a bath or build it yourself, you need to choose the best material from which it is made, in the course of which it is imperative to take into account the specifics of the room.Choosing the material for the partition in the first place it is recommended to evaluate not only the economic but also the technical feasibility of the use of a material.If your goal is to divide the room into several zones, there is no reason to use concrete or brick, but in the case of mounting a suspended washbasin in the newly erected wall, these materials would be the best choice, as opposed to less durable drywall and glass.
Anyone who asks the question: "How to make a partition in the bathroom?" - We recommend that you choose a material-specific areas.Microclimatic conditions in the bathroom, namely humidity, necessitate the use of materials that are resistant to its effects, and easily amenable to finishing.The modern market can offer an abundance of materials that meet the above requirements and can be used to make walls in the bathroom.These include:
- Reinforced concrete;
- Specialized building blocks of various origins, including using concrete, aerated concrete and gypsum blocks;
- Plasterboard resistant to moisture;
- Glass blocks, as well as tempered glass, characterized by high strength.
Some of the above mentioned materials used for the construction of a capital partitions relevant from a practical point of view.These include brick, building blocks and reinforced concrete.Other materials, which include glass and plasterboard is used in the case of the installation of partitions, carrying only a decorative function and the function zoning, since less strength.
important to know that most of the above mentioned materials, except glass and glass blocks, is characterized by a porous structure that facilitates the penetration of moisture.This necessitates the use of waterproof materials, preventing the penetration of moisture.These include plaster, daubed and penetrating waterproofing materials, among which is considered the most versatile surface waterproofing, made on the basis of bitumen and polymers.It is not only easy to apply and dries quickly, and is easy to follow with the help of decorating mosaic plastic panels, as well as a mirror or tile.
concrete, brick and stone walls bathroom
If you plan to build capital in the bathroom partition, the best material for her would be concrete or ceramic bricks.If you take the case studies, it can be difficult to bring such examples where in the bathroom wall erected by pouring concrete, except when it was necessary to form concrete benches under the shower, or for the installation of the more common glass partition.Thus, we can conclude that this material is mainly used in cases where it is necessary to build a foundation for the installation of anything.Brick is more practical material, is used to set capital for bathroom partitions, since the convenience of working with him.It can be put in the apartment in any required quantity to you, how to build a partition, and a major pier, which can be laid out different types of masonry, so you can adjust the thickness of the walls being built depending on the size of the room and your preference.But despite the fact that the brick is a material which is easy and convenient to operate, skilled craftsmen continue the search for more practical and modern materials everything for walls in the bathroom, which was a success.
Glass partitions: original ideas to create additional walls in the bathroom
Despite the fact that the capital structure is more reliable and durable, the most interesting for designers partitions are operating in the interior of the bathroom more than a decorative function.Unusual designs are not only able to attract attention, but also make the room an extraordinary and visually expand the space of a small bathroom.This practical function has not been canceled - they are also characterized by a partition in Vannes, in the event that an experienced master was able to combine them in a practical and functional decoration.To do this, experts recommend use several non-standard methods.
Glass blocks .Select them as the basic material for the manufacture of partitions, you can make in a traditional, unremarkable interior bathroom unusual tone.This is due to the fact that modern material modification look much more profitable their older counterparts.
manufacturer offers glass blocks made in a wide range of colors, as well as highlights of the material using original parts are placed inside the glass blocks - shells, many sequins or flowers.Light transmitting ability and transparency - as variable parameters.The apparent advantage is the ease of installation glass blocks - using them as a base material, you can lay out the walls of various configurations.
Tempered glass - material produced in sheets as medium and large sizes, and therefore, amateur often has difficulty during the installation of flat glass partitions.As for practical use of glass partitions bath, it is characterized by a substantial narrow compared with a capital partitions.Such barriers can only be used as shower partitions or as the main element that is used to zoning area.However, this does not prevent the growing popularity of glass partitions, as the main highlight of this wall is the weightlessness and transparency, which is especially important in small-sized bathroom.
bathroom partitions made of plasterboard: the advantages and disadvantages
Despite the advantages of the above-described materials, the most popular still are plasterboard construction.Gypsum is a material whose structure is represented by a layer of plaster, which is on both sides covered with sheets of cardboard.
The advantages of gypsum board are:
- Perfectly smooth surface, devoid of any irregularities and not requiring subsequent alignment;
- high level of air permeability;
- Lightweight and no problems during installation;
- Democratic price.
plasterboard characterized by its drawbacks:
- In view of the design features of the material, it is not recommended to make plasterboard walls in rooms where humidity value exceeds 90%;
- installing drywall partitions only as the stationary structure and the impossibility of mounting a sliding embodiment.
Construction plasterboard partitions: training materials and tools
In terms of design features, drywall partition in the bathroom is a metal frame, on both sides of steering sheets of plasterboard.The free space between the sheets may be used to mask the unsightly communications and unactuated in the art space filled soundproofing material.If you wish to organize a more complex design, you can bet on the built-in shelves or extra lighting.
necessary materials and tools
- In terms bathroom recommend the use of drywall, resistant to moisture.Such materials include drywall labeled "gypsum plasterboard" and "GKLVO", while the letter "O" in the marking material is resistant to fire.The use of such material will be relevant in the case, if you plan to incorporate into the design of electrical wiring.The area of a standard sheet of drywall is usually Q3.meters, and as cladding sheets held on both sides of the construction, when calculating the area of the material, it must be multiplied twice.
- plasterboard partitions also involves the use of rack-mount rails and metal profiles.If the installation is carried out first in a vertical position with a pitch equal to 50-60 cm, the latter is fixed on the floor and ceiling in the transverse direction.
- Sound insulation material - is another essential component in the process of installing partitions.For filling the space between the sheets of plasterboard recommended mineral wool, which have a dense structure, since then remain resistant to deformation.
- Fasteners - an important component designs that ensure the strength of the finished structure.To fix the profiles to the walls and ceiling using dowels, nails, and the elements of the frame are connected by metal screws.Casing frame made using plasterboard screws equipped with a flat head.
- final trim design is produced using a primer, filler and reinforcing tape.For applying facial coverings suitable paint, tiles or interior plaster.
What tools stock?
Prepare in advance the next set of tools that you will need in the process:
- Drills and drill sets;
- Scissors on metal and a sharp knife;
- Building levels;
- spatula or a paint brush.