Band saws - are tools for cutting, band saws are assessed.Is a closed ribbon with the teeth.Has a mass of its own, unique to them, merit.Kerf bandsaws leave considerably less than the disc tools: when sawing wood budget this fact, perhaps insignificant, then the high-end metal cutting and cutting of trees - is critical.They can be completely cut any workpiece.In addition, band saws show a good performance, ensure the high quality of the cut surface.Reduction of waste shavings through their use - an obvious thing.However, in order to feel stable in practice all of the above benefits of working with the instrument, you must take a responsible approach to the issues of its service.Sharpening saws and their wiring should be carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
Price sharpening saws in specialized offices are usually low, but the rate of literacy and work performance are not always happy.Can you handle the task with your own hands?Of course,
- little theory: what made the instrument?
- all corners of the teeth and sharpening their
- Subtleties wiring band saws
- How to sharpen band saw?
- Pro Tips
- What mistakes can occur during sharpening?
little theory: what made the instrument?
saws wood usually made of tool steel (hardness of 45 HRC).
to produce metal products Russian producers turning to steel V2F, 9HF, as foreign - to C 75, and others. The teeth of these saws during hardening by high-frequency currents "is awarded to" the highest hardness.Often, when dealing with metal using bimetallic tool: it holds the web of spring steel, and the tape with the teeth - alloy with high content of cobalt and tungsten.This high speed steel "joins" to the bottom blade by means of the electron beam.
all corners of the teeth and sharpening their
band saws can have a different geometry of the teeth: it is affected by the type and properties of the raw material to be cut.With regard to tools for working with wood, they can be carpentry, fission, and is intended for sawing logs - and the parameters and shape of the teeth in each "sub-species", respectively, on your own.Angle sharpening saws wood is determined by the manufacturer on the basis of a number of factors, but the key is this trend - the harder the material, the smaller should be the front corner.
Saw on metal with a constant pitch is characterized by two main forms of teeth - standard and "positive rake angle".Standard teeth designed for cutting thin-walled material with positive rake angle - for the treatment of metal with thick walls.
now about the size of the step.For thin-walled workpieces (metal sheets, pipes) used a saw with fine pitch teeth - otherwise there is a risk of damage or even break a tooth.With thick-walled materials work better with a tool with a small number of teeth per inch.
order to eliminate the effect of resonance vibration provoking paintings, a number of saws are doing with variable pitch.
Subtleties wiring band saws
As the operation tool is a decrease of quality of its cutting edge.Therefore wiring and correct sharpening of band saws - a natural part of your workflow.
Attention!Divorce should be made before the sharpening, and not after it!
layout - an operation that limb to the sides of the teeth to prevent the chain jamming tool and reduce its friction.There are three main types of wiring:
• classic - the teeth are bent to the right and left side alternately strictly;
• We clean - every third tooth is left in its original position."Relevance" for the tools used for cutting especially hard materials and alloys;
• wavy - each tooth has "their" value of bending, so they form a wave.This is the most difficult type of wiring.
worth knowing!When a divorce is not all bent tooth, but only part of it - a third or two-thirds from the top.
manufacturer's recommended values of divorce fall within the range 0.3-0.7 mm.It carries out operations with a special movable equipment.
How to sharpen band saw?
proven: more than 80% of the breaking tool is due to improper sharpening saws.The need for manipulation is determined visually - by type of teeth or most of the walls of cut (an increase of surface roughness).
Circles for sharpening saws are selected depending on the hardness of the teeth.For sharpening tool steel products from turning to corundum circles.Bimetallic saws require any borazon diamond samples.The shape of the grinding wheel for band saw blades should be determined based on the parameters of the instrument.It can be profiled, the cup, flat tray.
Before starting work, it is recommended to let the saw from inside-out hung for ten or twelve hours.
requirements for band saws grinding their own hands:
• ensuring uniform metal removal in the profile of the tooth;
• avoid excessive pressure range (it can lead to annealing);
• preservation of the height and profile of the tooth;
• mandatory presence of a cooling liquid;
• lack of control of burrs.
standard instructions for sharpening saws says that sharpening should be done either on the front surface of the tooth, or both at the front and at the back.But this is the theory.In practice, many professionals, and craftsmen "perform" it solely on the back surface - because, in their opinion, it is more convenient.
general, despite a lot of rules and regulations, these tools rather undemanding in terms of sharpening.They can work as with a special grinding device for band saws, and hand;used to treat various forms and materials circles etc.
Before sharpening bandsaw should be familiar with the basic methods of the operation.
Method 1 full height sharpening
is the most high-quality, made on an automatic machine.Elborovymi circle, just pick on form, one touch passes all mezhzubovuyu cavity together with the corresponding surfaces of adjacent teeth.Preparation angular forms the base of the teeth thus excluded.The only drawback of such sharpening - is the need to keep in constant disposal certain number of laps for the "different profiles" drank.
Method 2: Grinding of teeth faces
may be carried out in a professional machine or manually.
If preference is given to the machine, it should, once again, choose wisely circle - usually flat samples.Generally a specialized grinding equipment are encouraged to contact only in cases where the amount of work is large enough.Episodic "home" manipulation better done manually - using engraver or a conventional machine.In operation for safety reasons, be sure to use a mask or goggles.
If neither machine nor engraver in your arsenal is not, you can sharpen band saw and the usual old-fashioned way - wielding needle files.Three or four confident movement on the back or the front face of each of the teeth - and then, as they say, "in the hat."With regular and carefully performed surgery Skill quality hand sharpening appear quickly.
tips from professionals
1. In the case of sharpening bandsaw through the machine before starting work necessary to ensure the correct position of the grinding wheel with respect to the tool.
2. It is important to remove from the sinuses is the amount of metal that is guaranteed to all microcracks were eliminated.
3. If the instrument is "operated" without quality of service for longer than permitted by the manufacturer, the amount of metal per shoot sharpening, should be increased.
4. To check the results of sharpening always use as a reference the new tool.
5. sawtooth - designed and verified by years option.Therefore I hope that the tool will cut "like clockwork," no matter what you 'vytvorit "with teeth - a huge mistake.
6. Subject to operational requirements, band saw will serve you conscientiously until such time as its width is reduced to a figure equal to 65% of the original value.Reduced width, of course, in the process of perezatochek.
7. There is absolutely absurd recommendation that a special need for deburring after treatment there.If her "listen", the appearance of micro-cracks in the canvas guaranteed.
8. After working bandsaw should immediately be cleaned from the resin and sawdust, and before sharpening - overhaul.Otherwise, the risk of clogging of the grinding wheel is extremely high.This necessitates a "slipshod" sharpening procedure.
What mistakes can occur during sharpening?
error 1. burnt sinus tooth products
reason for this phenomenon lies in the excessive force grinding wheel.As a result - the rapid blunting tape.
error 2. Wrong angle and imperfect form of tooth cavities.
to this situation may cause several factors:
• demolition of the eccentric grinding device;
• Error setting the angle of inclination of the head of the machine;
• mismatch profile grinding wheel.
That's all.Now you know how to properly sharpen band saw and what tools and instruments may be required for this.