At first glance, the theme of affecting the fundamentals of correct selection of wood flooring, does not deserve special attention, but if you look into the depth and purely practical nature of the problem, you can make sure that this issue is worthy of attentionand discussion.This is largely due to external similarity floorboard competing manufacturers, which greatly complicates the selection of a simple layman who is not familiar with the hidden nuances.Moreover, to make the right conclusion about the duration of the operational period of the parquet, it is necessary to have a deep theoretical knowledge in the field of Wood-knowledge, giving detailed answers to many such questions.In this article we will introduce the reader to the basic aspects of the correct choice of wood flooring, as well as look at the top of the most popular manufacturers of parquet.
- Parquet: traditional wood or exotic?
- thickness of the floorboard and the factors influencing it
- What you need to know about the dimensions of the wood flooring?
- Selection brackets: its impact on the quality of the surface layer
- Parquet: which company is best?
Parquet: traditional wood or exotic?
Parquet board, victory in the struggle for leadership among durable flooring is now represented in a wide range.For its production uses natural wood, causes a specific set of properties of the finished material.Through the use of natural materials and a spectacular installation, flooring, photo is presented in the article, it has become one of the most desirable materials selected for the flooring.
considering the basic aspects of the selection of wood flooring and answering the question: "Which is better?", Pay attention to the type of wood used for its production.Today, the production of wood flooring used almost all known types of wood, proven in terms of durability and longevity.
manufacturer does not shun not only traditional but also the origin of the exotic species that contributes to a huge choice of finishing materials in the construction market.But, despite this, among the producers are very popular oak, beech, maple, walnut, ash, cherry, merbau and wenge.
- oak parquet is considered to be the top seller due to its high strength, hardness and durability of the raw materials used.Parquet board, oak for the production of which acted as the main raw material, almost not subject to high humidity and related deformation, and does not crack after a long time and effectively demonstrates all the advantages of raw oak.
- Parquet board from walnut, proven in terms of high-strength, unpretentious in the care and characterized by high performance.Due to the high hardness of the nut, which is significantly higher than that of the oak allows the use of walnut parquet in areas with potentially high mechanical load on the floor and pronounced structure of the material allows the use of a nut for decoration for various purposes.
- Parquet, which was used for the production of beech, in most cases acquire for children's rooms and bedrooms, due to its pleasant pale cream color and the ability to visually expand the space of the room.Beech parquet characterized not only high strength but also resistance to increased levels of humidity.
- Cherry parquet flooring and ash are characterized by a rich variety of shades, among which the most recognized original light pink and dark coffee.The rich palette of colors and a variety of exquisite drawings will make the parquet harmonious addition to any room.
- Type of wood merbau, which is peculiar to a rich brown color, complete with golden streaks, is used for the production of damp-proof flooring that is caused by a large percentage of oil in the wood structure.Processing of wood, which is one of the production steps of manufacture of flooring resistant to moisture and damage by rodents, causes the high cost of the finished coating material.
- Wood exotic African origin - wenge today is just starting to gain popularity among manufacturers of furniture and flooring, but has already established itself as a wear-resistant, not subject to high mechanical stress material for the production of flooring, which is characterized by almostblack color and original shade with ethnic overtones.
thickness of the floorboard and the factors influencing it
In most cases, the structure of the flooring consists of three layers, determines the thickness of wood flooring:
- top, which is used for making the mostprecious woods such as oak, cherry, beech or walnut;
- Middle, presented the most powerful oven, which is used for manufacturing glued together thin layers of softwood;
- bottom layer represented spruce species whose thickness does not exceed 2 mm.
This implies significant practical conclusion that the quality of wood flooring is mainly dependent on the material used for the production of basic upper layer, and the thickness of the latter.We should not forget that the amount of resurfacing that can withstand parquet flooring, determined by the thickness and quality characteristics of the outer layer.
What you need to know about the dimensions of the wood flooring?
quality floorboard and the price depends on its initial size, which should not exceed the maximum permissible parameters.
- thickness - no more than 20 cm;
- length - from 2 to 2.5 m;
- thickness and must not overstep certain bounds: 7- 25 mm.
- for cladding boards with a thickness of 7 mm, use the veneer, and therefore it can not be sanding;
- Given that a 10 mm thick board is not much stronger than the previous one, it requires a very accurate relationship as overly harsh movement may cause scratches and abrasions;
- According to experts, the optimal thickness of the floorboard closer to 13-15 mm, as in this case, the thickness of the working (upper) will be 4 mm;
- Massive parquet board, which is characterized by the thickness exceeding 25 mm, can withstand significant loads due to the fact that the emphasis is not only projected on the main upper, but also on the middle layer.The use of such boards are not only important in terms of flats with concrete floors and old buildings, where there is still practiced by the installation of wooden floors on joists.
Selection brackets: its impact on the quality of the surface layer
Among the parameters most clearly affect the quality of the surface layer is considered selection of bars.In other words, the selection of bars represents one of the ways of sorting parquet flooring in accordance with the following parameters:
- sawing wood layer;
- presence of mechanical defects (knots, cracks);
- color palette;
- orientation of fibers and wood pattern.
Manufacturers offer distinguish between radial and tangential cutting options:
- radial cut - cut method, which is made parallel to the diameter of the trunk, with the wood fibers are oriented along the surface of the die, t. E. The line cut is made through the center of the trunk.In addition to the excellent physical and chemical parameters for such a board characterized the highest level of stability, the most uniform color and a perfect figure.The level of shrinkage and swelling of boards with radial cut less than half of the board tangential sawing method.
- tangential cut - cut line tangential line with respect to the trunk.For such a pronounced characteristic of the board, and the variegated pattern is clearly visible pattern of annual rings.Specifications tangential cut is significantly inferior to the radial, but in view of the low amount of rejected material, price boards tangential saw cut is characterized by a low cost.
Given the way the cut, isolated several types of selection, the main ones being:
implies the presence of planks sawn both tangentially and radially.Selection of the type of natures exclude the presence of large defects other than microscopic knots.For the selection of the board of the type characteristic of the original color transitions and a variety of patterns;
material of this type of selection is rightly described as the leader in its market segment, due to the use of this selection is only radially sawn planks, which are characterized by a uniform color and smooth wood figure, which will perfectly complement interiors executedin the classical style;
which do not involve the selection of a method for cutting and includes the board, not only radial, but also the tangential cutting method.The parameters for the selection of this type of selection are the color and quality of wood.Breeding is characterized by rustic living, naturalistic patterns and significant differences of colors, and therefore may seem excessive to many variegated.This type of flooring allows the inclination of the fibers, and the heart-shaped ray of larger mechanical defects.
Parquet: which company is best?
main producers and importers of wood flooring are the following companies:
Serbian company Tarkett, in the opinion of many Internet users, led the top 15 most popular manufacturers of floor coverings.
Serbian manufacturer offers a wide range of colors, so that it is able to cater for even the most demanding customers.Parquet Tarkett has high technical characteristics, which contributes to its operation not only in the apartment, but also commercial establishments.
Parquet Kahrs is the main competitor of the company Tarkett and claims to fight deserved competitive producers.For Kährs wood flooring tend to a lot of positive reviews, but production from separate collections, according to the consumer is not stable under the influence of slightly fluctuating humidity levels and moderate climate extremes.A major shortcoming of the Swedish manufacturer of products recognized as overpriced.
Parquet Polarwood, is the product of a popular Finnish manufacturer Karelia-Upofloor, noteworthy that the quality and technology of economy segment Karelia does not differ from the parquet, which occupies the premium segment of Karelia.Minor and the only difference is noticeable simplicity of colors and the presence of small mechanical defects not affecting the quality of the flooring.
Polish parquet Barlinek, which received wide recognition among consumers, thanks to low prices, suitable for the lower social strata of the population engaged in the repair of economy class.In spite of the democratic value products produced with European standards, can safely fight for victory in the competition with such luminaries as the Tarkett production and Upofloor.The only disadvantage of the company products are from the collection of Diana Forest, characterized by very weak locks, prone to rapid breakdown.
Parquet Leroy made exclusively from materials of natural origin, which makes it an environmentally friendly material.It is formed from three layers, which are connected by the high pressure, which causes high material strength.Tongue and groove system used by the manufacturer, promotes easy installation.Unpretentiousness in maintenance and high durability - An important advantage of the floorboard Leroy Merlin.