is no coincidence that part of the wall between the kitchen work surface consisting of countertops, stove, sink, and hanging lockers above it is called the warm and cozy - an apron for the kitchen.For this element of interior design gives the kitchen the comfort of home, combining family and at the same time protects the most vulnerable spots on the kitchen wall, splashing hot oil, steam, without which it is impossible to prepare any one dish.
Moreover, this bright detail kitchen interior is so loved by all, even if used in the decoration of the walls of practical wall panels or other modern composite materials, we still aim to buy a tile for the kitchen on the apron, which will have to perform a purely decorative function.
- tiles on the apron for the kitchen.Advantages and disadvantages of
- Ceramic tile for kitchen apron
- Apron Kitchen izmozaiki
- Artificial stone as a kitchen apron
- Apron Kitchen glass Mirrors
- kitchen apron
- Metal as a kitchen apron
- Designs Apronkitchen tiles of various kinds and sizes
kinds of tiles on the apron for the kitchen.Advantages and disadvantages of
So, tile on kitchen apron must meet the following criteria:
- design in harmony with the style of the interior;
- resistance to high temperatures and fire resistance;
- resistance to moisture, grease, aggressive detergents;
- abrasion resistance using rags, sponges, brushes;
- hygienic - easy to clean.
Fortunately gone times of shortage, and modern types of kitchen tiles, specially created for the registration of the working wall, meet all these requirements, and its choice is often limited to the choice of its appearance.Today, strong, beautiful and imaginative kitchen kitchen countertop wall is made of various materials:
- ceramic and granite tiles;
- artificial stone;
- glass and mirror;
Each of the materials has both advantages and some disadvantages, knowing that's easy to pick the best option for the tiles on your kitchen apron.
Ceramic tile for kitchen apron
Traditionally, ceramic tiles for kitchen apron remains the most popular finishing materials, because
- beautiful and durable - tile stoves and fireplaces for centuries do not lose their original beauty and is decorated with old palaces and castles;
- durable - easy to clean and resistant to any aggressive environments;
- fire resistance, which is very important for kitchens with gas stoves.
palette of colors, shades, textures and finishes ceramic tiles, as well as a wide selection of decorative elements, including the possibility of printing, are able to satisfy the most demanding requests and harmoniously fit this finishing material in any interior style.
Among the disadvantages of ceramic tile as a material for the walls say:
- fragility during transport, installation and operation (chips and cracks from impacts);
- relative complexity and the length of time styling;
- the need to prepare the surface for the installation;
- the complexity of dismantling the replacement of the damaged fragments.
However, replenish the family finishing ceramic granite, he leveled some disadvantages: it is still stronger, is not subject to wear and chipping at the competent styling.Particular attention for finishing kitchen countertop wall tiles and then its operation should be given tile seams, for which the design is necessary to choose the right trowel mix the corresponding color and composition.
Apron Kitchen Mosaic
expensive in the interior, especially in combination with natural wood furniture is very good apron for the kitchen mosaic.This road surfacing material created by hand using a ceramic, glass, quartz and other natural materials.Through a variety of colors, shades, shapes and textures mosaic often serves exquisite complement and background for walls, floors, furniture and other interior parts cuisine, and can also become bright and independent artifact in the form of luxurious panels, ornament and dazhefotografii.
advantages of this material:
- water resistance;
- effective design.
Disadvantages mosaics as a material for finishing the working kitchen wall:
- large number of tile joints that complicate cleaning;
- significant costs for special auxiliary materials for packing - adhesives, grouting;
- high cost of materials and installation;
- consuming dismantling.
Besides mosaic wall before finishing must be carefully prepared, and work on its installation, it is desirable to entrust an experienced master.
Artificial stone as an apron for the kitchen
in a modern interior is widely used two kinds of artificial stone:
- based on concrete quality, colors and additives, simulating the texture and texture of the natural stone of any kind;
- composite mixture of well-known brands Corian, Shok, etc., Based on acrylic, composed of aggregates of natural ingredients and dyes.
concrete-based materials are cheaper, but for the production of table tops, window sills, furniture and matching the other interior elements is increasingly using composite compositions.
Spectacular and elegant kitchen apron made of artificial stone is usually made-to-order and assemble after installing appliances and furniture.Due to the ductility of the composite it may be shaped without any difficulty connecting seams.
popularity of composite materials in the decoration of dishes due to their following advantages:
- seamless installation;
- resistance to mechanical, chemical and thermal influences;
- wide range of colors;
- hygiene, thanks to a dense non-porous structure.
The disadvantages of artificial stone for finishing kitchen worktops can be attributed only to its relatively high cost.
Apron Kitchen glass
glass kitchen apron still applies to a relatively new and bold design solutions in modern living spaces.For this purpose a tile usually tempered glass laminated on the reverse side which is patterned.The surface of the glass decoration materials can be transparent, matt, smooth or grooved, to simulate the misted glass, melting ice, stone, wood, textiles, metal, and so on. D.
Advantages of glass tiles:
- resistance to aggressive chemicals;
- fragility of the installation;
- tendency to abrasion, the appearance of scratches and cracks;
- labor intensive care - on the surface there are traces of dried-up splashes and streaks to be constantly cleaned and removed by special means;
- high cost even compared with certain types of mosaics.
Mirror kitchen apron
brilliant, sparkling mirror apron kitchen perfectly with the laconic style of high-tech and modern, as well as metallic luster appliances and furniture accessories for the kitchen.It is elegant, refined, but still requires more care than glass wall tiles.Mirror fog up very quickly, where you can see tiny droplets of fat and dried of water, which can only wash with a soft cloth with a special tool.Mirrored wall working kitchen suitable only housewives who are not on the table is unnecessary items that are reflected, create the impression of disorder.
Still, mirror finishing tiles have a unique advantage:
- visual extension of the space small kitchen;
- bold extravagant interior design.
Metal as a kitchen apron
more harmonious element of the interior in high-tech than the metallic apron for the kitchen, probably does not exist.Democratic perfectly polished steel sheet, not only serves as a worthy alternative to capricious aristocratic mirror tiles, but also has a more practical properties:
- stylish design;
- high heat resistance;
- ease of installation;
- low cost.
from lack of metal as a finishing material is also not free.It:
- stains and spots that need to be continually cleaned with a soft, lint-free cloth;
- deformation and dents on strike;
- interiors but high-tech and loft is too "industrial" look.
However, those who gloss steel considered too impractical and conceptual, can pay attention to soft shimmer satin embossed or brushed aluminum panel.Stylish gloss aluminum support the harmony of stone and metal hi-tech space, but kept clean its surface much easier.
Designs apron kitchen tiles of various kinds and sizes
Of the thousands of types of tiles, which are abundant in the modern market of building materials, everyone wants to create the most practical, beautiful, non-standard and unusual interior of the kitchen that will fill her with warmth and comfort of home.There can be no universal prescriptions, but leafing through magazines, viewing options for combinations of different types and sizes of tiles for the kitchen apron, photos of unusual designs, you can come up with the optimal design of the working wall decoration for your kitchen.
Western and domestic manufacturers produce wall tiles of different sizes, among which the small square plitochki 10x10 cm and 50x50 cm to large and more rectangular and finishing materials, reminiscent of a brick.
Ceramic Tile 10x10 cm is especially popular among conservative fans of traditional English or French classics: it is ideal for creating a mural with the compositions of flowers or fruit in the style of Provence, or country.
process of laying a tile quite time-consuming, but it can be simplified by using, for example, ceramic or stoneware tiles size 30x30 cm or more, a figure that includes many favorite small squares, but without touching plaque antiquity as roughedges and corners jammed.
But the British continue to produce tiles for decoration kitchen aprons small in size, different in English reticent figure, but a wide selection of elegant decorative elements.
rectangular tiles resembling bricks looks good in a deliberately simple interior in the style of the country or to support the impression of brickwork in industrial loft-style interiors.
luxury design mosaics and tiles for the mosaic in the interior of the kitchen is able to fully compensate for the high cost and impracticality in operation.
Any large tiles in the interior of the most practical kitchen: it is easier to pack, easy to keep clean, and seemingly endless seamless surfaces are best resonates with the dynamic nature of modern life.
choosing tile on an apron for your favorite cuisine, do not rely on someone by the rules and recommendations, and buy the stuff that is closest to your idea of comfort.