order with the onset of winter in the house was always warm and cozy it is necessary to take care of the roof insulation.Today, more people are choosing as insulation concrete block.It is widely available and inexpensive, as well as environmentally friendly and has excellent performance.
- What is concrete block, its advantages and disadvantages
- Tools and materials needed for the roof insulation haydite
- Steam and waterproofing for expanded clay
- expanded clay roof insulation
What is concrete block, its advantages and disadvantages
Keramzit -a lightweight porous material in the form of a small-sized pellets obtained by firing the clay.He gained popularity among both professional builders and craftsmen among home, due to the following technical parameters:
- high heat and sound insulation;
- fireproof qualities;
- strength nonsusceptibility rotting;
- long life, nonsusceptibility temperature extremes.
Keramzit, whose price
- high thermal conductivity;
- low weight;
- unaffected by chemical environments;
- does not emit toxic substances into the atmosphere;
- is the only insulation material, at work with which does not require special knowledge, skills and experience.
But the material has its drawbacks, though few:
- to achieve a high level of heat and sound insulation is necessary to spread the material is quite thick;
- resistant to moisture, so the insulation damp areas should apply a special film for waterproofing;
- fairly brittle material, and damage to the pellets leads to a reduction in the quality of insulation.
Tools and materials required expanded clay roof insulation
In order to insulate the roof alone will need the following materials and equipment:
- concrete block on the roof;
- shovel and bucket;
- log or stick to compacted layer of insulation, and rake to be leveled;
- film for waterproofing;
- roofing rolls;
- a sharp knife;
- tile or tile for exterior coatings.
Steam and waterproofing for expanded clay
Steam and waterproofing of the insulation layer is an important stage of arrangement of the roof, which in no case can not be overlooked.As mentioned earlier, the concrete block is able to absorb moisture.At the same time its insulating qualities deteriorate sharply, and he becomes much more severe than the dry form.This can lead to dire consequences up to the collapse of the overlap.Thus, assuming wet layer of expanded clay, the service life of the roof can be reduced dramatically, and repair will take much earlier than planned.
None of the existing types of thermal insulation materials can not properly protect the premises from the cold, if he is not protected by steam and waterproofing.Vapour material is typically mounted to the inner side of the room, becausehe is protected by a heater from vapor generated within the premises, and waterproofing is mounted from the outside, sinceit protects the insulation from moisture coming from the street.
most common waterproofing materials are films and membranes.It is also very commonly used materials such as Styrofoam, plastic film, foil, glassine.
Polystyrene foam is a kind and has excellent vapor barrier properties.Glassine - a roofing paper impregnated with asphalt.It is sold in rolls and is very good for waterproofing roofs.Foil and plastic film often used in order to prevent condensation, because they are not accumulated liquid.
expanded clay roof insulation
Most often, insulated roof, builders use the following types of expanded clay:
- expanded clay gravel - coarse material having a granule size of 4 cm. Equally good for roof insulation, as well as for insulation and floorwalls;
- expanded clay gravel - too coarse material granules which also reach 4 cm in size and have an angular shape;
- expanded clay sand - a particulate material, the particles whose size is not more than 5 mm.It is used as thermal insulation in which the layer thickness is less than 5 cm.
insulated roof quite possibly yourself if you can not pay the experts.
Before starting work, you must examine some features of the process of warming.First of all, pay attention to the design features of the building, its walls and roof.The process of insulation shall consist of several stages:
- laying insulation;
- surface finish.
Description of work:
- When expanded clay roof insulation material thickness should be 25 cm. It is poured directly on isolating film in the right quantity quickly and carefully to avoid damage to the granules.
- For good heat and sound insulation is better to pour a layer thicker, but it is important not to forget the ultimate load that the roof can bear.This issue is best to stick to the golden mean.
- then expanded clay carefully leveled and compacted, so that between its particles remain as small as possible voids.This is done either by hand or with a special machine.On top of the first layer is desirable to make a coupler, to provide additional stiffness and rigidity of the assembly, as well as for surface smoothing.
- Still, between the inside of the outer layers should equip several channels through which circulates the air and withdrawal of excess moisture.Next
- directly to insulate layer stacked roll roofing, which pinned him with their weight.It should be based on overlapping and not have gaps.At the same time for sealing seams better isolate them using construction adhesive tape or mastic asphalt.
- next stage laid shingles or tiles.
Buy keramzit offered by many firms involved in the sale of building materials, as well as shops and building hypermarkets.